Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40959 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NativeForeigner - Haven't voted, even though he said he would.

I don't recall saying I would vote anytime soon and regardless of whether or not I said I would, I haven't because... well, actually, I don't really know why I haven't. In fact, I didn't even realize that I haven't.

Taco Dan and Akigagak, it's been over two days since either one of you have posted. Why are you two lurking so heavily? I'd hate to go after a lurker just because they're lurking, but no one else is giving any good tells.

Lordnincompoop, you're acting kind of... air-head-ish and I don't really like the way it looks. It could very well be that you're really overlooking these questions and therefore slow to answer them, or you could be trying to act dumb to throw suspicion off of you. It might just be a gut-feeling right now, but you should really explain yourself.

I'd just like to point out that I study most of the time (I'm not even really cleared for the winter break; truckloads of work from various teachers, plus my own desire to get ahead), and that I live on the other side of the world for most of you. Being several hours ahead is inconvenient, since you guys post while I sleep and sleep while I post, or something like that.

I probably overlook some questions, or just answer them in a way that's not readily obvious. It happens.
I'm not acting dumb, believe me. If that's the case, my ruse is incredibly inconsistent.

I also tend to mull over my replies for a while, so I can stay composed.

If you want me to explain some more, just let me know.

<snip>
Lordnincompoop - Late to react to questions (still hasn't answered Taco Dan's) and not noticing a bunch of things. The lurker accusation doesn't count anymore because the pressure pried him from lurking.
<snip>

If you mean this:

lordnincompoop, You still haven't explained how being indecisive on D1 is scummy.

I already replied to it by mentioning Akigagak's post. The points that I wanted to bring up were almost identical, and I think he explained it better than I could have. As for my accusations, look at my reply to the first quote above.

This is the kind of response I like to get from pressure. Due to the perfectly reasonable answer and lack of any other evidence, unvote.

Akigagak, where have you been? Do we need a replacement?

Has the mod prodded Akigagak and Taco Dan? It's been nearly 3 days.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Has the mod prodded Akigagak and Taco Dan? It's been nearly 3 days.

I prodded them just now. Now it is up to the Hands of Fate to decide. Manos.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

If they do not respond?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

This is Akigagak's second strike, I will replace him if it happens again.

I will look for replacements if they don't respond.
I can see it now.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Again, sorry for the non-postage. Now, lets get down to business.

There's not much to go on. But I'll go for with the original vote for lordnincompoop as there's just not much arguments in his defense aside from him being new. If he turns out to be innocent then it cancels out the prior suspicion on warhammer, otherwise it gives another suspect.

That's not how it works, Muz.
You have to give him a chance to defend himself, not just present some hastily thrown together accusation and then just stick with it, whatever comes.
Formulate some questions, or specify what you want him to make clear.

Also you haven reacted to Akigagaks FOS at all.

Which brings me to Akigagak:
So you come in here, complain about the lacking quality of the game, simply rephrase something already said and then continue lurking.
If you haven't noticed, I had adressed some of your concerns in the following post.

You did, sort of, but there was nothing there that needed responding to. But, well, there is here.
I wasn't complaining about the quality of this game in particular. All Day Ones feature a large amount of inane banter, it's their nature.
If I repeated what had already been said, which a casual glance tells me might have happens with LNPs points, I think I phrased it in a clearer way.

Muz:
Quote from: Muz
There's only weak scumtells at this point in game. Akigagak had a good FOS, but I'll go put my synopsis on it along with everyone else. A bit of suspicion on me is good too, as it keeps the mafia from killing me at night when there's a chance that the town would lynch me :P
...this is pretty terrible reasoning. I'd say, after me, you're the most suspect of the lot of us, so there's a chance that if I go down today, you'll go down tomorrow. Also, by chossing to deliberately ignore my FOS, you just look more scummy to me.

Akigagak - Lurking, not liking how anti-mafia the town are (p8), though because he got a lot of votes, it's understandable how he'd be pissed.
???
Spoiler: Post in question (click to show/hide)

Yeah, not seeing now that post make it look in any way that 'I dislike how 'anti-mafia' the Town is.' That's Towns' job, to hunt down and bludgeon the Scum. Hell, that comment of yours is one of the most scummy things I've seen, haphazzad mad-slinging, only you forgot to check if there was a way it could stick.

So, all things considered, Muz.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D1- The End of All the Pleasantries (More IC's wante
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2010, 03:00:00 pm »

Akigagak managed to sum up why I suspect muz, but I'm not certain that he is mafia. He strikes me as taking the concept of applying preassure to make the other guy slip up waaayyy to far and is trying to apply it to everyone at once.

The logical fallacies don't help his case much either.

Question fo the ICs: is it considered bad form to vote to lynch someone that voted to lynch you?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, last few hours remaining. I swear I hate the extensions. A fun part of mafia is watching people squirm in the last 10 minutes and the extensions make it much harder to apply pressure. Any mafia that were pressured have half a day to sleep off the pressure, regain composure, and a few more days to think up a reasonable back story.

Question fo the ICs: is it considered bad form to vote to lynch someone that voted to lynch you?

I doubt it, it makes sense. It's a psychological game. I don't think there's really "bad form", except for meta game arguments (i vote u because you suck; i vote because you were mafia last game; this guy acted differently from last game when he was town; etc).

Muz:
There's only weak scumtells at this point in game. Akigagak had a good FOS, but I'll go put my synopsis on it along with everyone else. A bit of suspicion on me is good too, as it keeps the mafia from killing me at night when there's a chance that the town would lynch me :P
...this is pretty terrible reasoning. I'd say, after me, you're the most suspect of the lot of us, so there's a chance that if I go down today, you'll go down tomorrow. Also, by chossing to deliberately ignore my FOS, you just look more scummy to me.

I had responded to the FOS in that post, by saying it was a valid one, I have nothing to argue against it, and putting a FOS on myself to be fair. Too late to edit posts to blue, but I would've actually FOS'ed everyone except Taco Dan, Trollan, Ottofar. But even Ottofar's hard to tell because he's only been in the game half the time.

I'd remove the FOS from lordnincompoop because he's finally justified himself in a satisfactory manner. That would also put the vote deflection argument away from warhammer651, who also hasn't reacted like I'd expect scum to.

Akigagak strikes me as most suspicious now, for chronic lurking, only coming in when prodded. Could he possibly be a Mafia goon waiting impatiently for nightfall for the chance to strike, minimizing interaction for fear that his exterior would crack?

The "if I go down today, you'll go down tomorrow" doesn't strike me as something mafia would say; if he were to flip as mafia, his words would have no credibility, and it would only make sense if he were town. On the other hand, if he were a mafia member, it could just mean that one of his friends would strike me down for vengeance. The "That's Towns' job, to hunt down and bludgeon the Scum" comment shows that he's acknowledged the town's job, yet hasn't been participating in it. Would that be because he's not part of the town?

So, vote's on Akigagak.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

The "That's Towns' job, to hunt down and bludgeon the Scum" comment shows that he's acknowledged the town's job, yet hasn't been participating in it. Would that be because he's not part of the town?

More becuase I've recently got a nine-to-five-thirty job, and in addition to slightly more personal bullshit and also running a PbP over on GitP, I haven't had time for this recently.

Also, damnit, address the actual points I made against you, stop dodging them.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which points specifically?

I've agreed that I'm aggressively finger pointing from the start. Mindmaker's been doing it too, but not as aggressively. I will sling accusations at people, because if I don't, then people will simply sit around and talk about stuff, and there'd be nothing to do. What else do you expect me to do, sit down quietly and wait for the mafia to strike?

You are playing the grumpy fellow. You know that the game has "inane banter and finger pointing", but you were the first to register. It's not like the rest of us don't have jobs and personal bullshit, but the extension's pushed day 1 to a whole week, including a weekend and lots of free nights. You'd have the choice of stepping down from the game like Vector did, but chose not to. Is this just some ruse to cover up for your inactivity?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Which points specifically?

I've agreed that I'm aggressively finger pointing from the start. Mindmaker's been doing it too, but not as aggressively. I will sling accusations at people, because if I don't, then people will simply sit around and talk about stuff, and there'd be nothing to do. What else do you expect me to do, sit down quietly and wait for the mafia to strike?

Okay, explain this:
Akigagak - Lurking, not liking how anti-mafia the town are (p8), though because he got a lot of votes, it's understandable how he'd be pissed.
The post in question doesn't seem to imply any of that. Please explain how it does.

You are playing the grumpy fellow. You know that the game has "inane banter and finger pointing", but you were the first to register. It's not like the rest of us don't have jobs and personal bullshit, but the extension's pushed day 1 to a whole week, including a weekend and lots of free nights. You'd have the choice of stepping down from the game like Vector did, but chose not to. Is this just some ruse to cover up for your inactivity?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not 'playing the grumpy fellow' by my eyes, but then I know how I was feeling at the time of posting, and you've got to go by made threadbare writing style. But, several things:

1: I don't think I was the first to register. I think I was actually one of the last.

2: Again, the "inane banter and finger pointing" was a comment of mafia's in general, made when I was felling pretty pissed at the world, with no specific reference to this game.

3: Yeah, the 'personal bullshit' was rather severe at the time. 'Nuff said, I think. And if it's a ruse, it's an extremely bad one by all acounts.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote.
Ottofar, you still haven't answered my question and have been lurking, since the time you had cast your vote, without giving a proper explanation on why you did it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote.
Ottofar, you still haven't answered my question and have been lurking, since the time you had cast your vote, without giving a proper explanation on why you did it.

Ottofar did state that he would be gone from Friday to Sunday, but he didn't offer a reason why.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Current Happytown VoteCount:

////////////////////////////////

Akigagak (3) - Muz, NativeForeigner, Trollan
Lordnincompoop (1) - Taco Dan
Mindmaker (0)
Muz (2) - Akigagak, Lordnincompoop
NativeForeigner (1) - Ottofar
Ottofar (1) - Mindmaker
Taco Dan (0) -
Trollan (0)
Warhammer651 (0)

Not Voting: Warhammer651

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

As the sun dips beneath the clean, white picket fences and the last rays of sunshine retreat from this slice of suburbia, you all surround Akigagak with condemnation in your eyes.

"Wait guys!" he says, "Stop and think this through for a bit! You know me! I've lived here for years, I can't possibly be... a mafia member!"

Muz steps forward, holding up some good Lynchin' Rope.

"Sorry buddy, we just can't take that risk. You understand."

"Aaargh! I was busy mowing my lawn today! You all didn't even give me a chance!" Akigagak stammers.

"We gave you enough."

After a bit of effort, you all get the rope around Akigagak's neck and hoist him up a tree.

"*cough* *wheeze* gaaak... you're all... stupid... wrong... *phlegm* not mafia... hope they... hrk~----"

You pull him down and rifle through his pockets, finding his house key. You storm into his house to search it for clues. Akigagak's family is weeping and inconsolable, but nevermind them. Nothing in his house suggests anything in particular, he was just a normal person. In Akigagak's room, over his bed, in an ornate frame with gold leaf trim, you find a Certificate of Guaranteed Totally Not A Mafia Member, Seriously You Guys, I'm Not. Huh. Why didn't Akigagak just show you guys this thing to begin with??

Oh well, too late now...

Night One has begun! Send in your night actions, if you have any!
Night One ends Monday, Dec. 20, 10:00 PM EST, or alternatively, whenever all night actions have been submitted, or alternatively, whenever I darn well please!
I can see it now.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -N1- Happytown Slumbers
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »

Everyone wakes up and heads outside.

Besides the police barricades, the streets are empty. Clouds skim the sky, keeping Earth from Sun, as if deeming the situation below undeserving of warmth and sunshine. A familiar chill is produced. It's the one Death evokes in the spines of the living.

It is day 2, and as with the day preceding it, something feels added to your life, a weight pressing down on your very soul. The situation presently facing you is only the latest sleight of hand in the whole scheme of things, one to engender a sense not of normalcy, but of alien strangeness. Its wild revelations are those less of a prophet than a simple madman. It's question is Innocence itself. It is a mystery whose answer fleets just out of sight, like the ghost of a shy hummingbird, forcing you to turn your head and try to catch a hint of Truth. It is the most maddening issue of all.

"The punishment of criminals should be of use; when a man is hanged he is good for nothing." -Billie Holiday

At least, to your recollection, that is a quote from Billie Holiday. Yeah, we'll go with that.

You have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

Oh, also, Lordnincompoop is absent from the group today.

You tentatively head to his house, and find his body a lump of bloody swiss cheese in the bedroom. The stench of blood and gunpowder is overpowering.

On the bedstand, you find a bloody diary. You flip through it. It seems Lordnincompoop was just a normal townsperson.

This madness must end! End it now!

Current Happytown VoteCount:

////////////////////////////////

Mindmaker (0)
Muz (0)
NativeForeigner (0)
Ottofar (0)
Taco Dan (0)
Trollan (0)
Warhammer651 (0)

Not Voting: Everyone, obviously

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Day Two has begun!
Day Two ends Thursday, Dec. 23, 10:00 PM EST!

I can see it now.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D2- Dark Clouds Descend
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2010, 11:38:34 pm »

Also:

Announcement:

Muz has requested a replacement.
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22