Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40969 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Sorry, dudes, I can't IC for this (not that I really was in the first place).  I just discovered that I'll be without internet for the next month.5, and my mentor is really, really sick.  I have other responsibilities now, unfortunately.

I wish the best of luck to the scumteam and IronyOwl.

Well, thanks for holding the fort until IronyOwl came in.

Hope everything turns out OK for you!
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All arguing is pointless, as long as we don't get any input from Akigakak and Flintus.
After all they could be lurking scum, watching the townies hanging themselves.

So they either have to show up soon, or we need to replace them fast.

On another note:
We still lack one vote for an extension.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, extension.

I really wanna hear from these lurkers, Akigakak and Flintus, before the day ends.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Current Happytown VoteCount:

////////////////////////////////

Akigagak (2) == [Mindmaker, Taco Dan]
Taco Dan (1) == [Trollan]
lordnincompoop (1) == [Muz]
Muz (1) == [lordnincompoop]

Extension (3)

Not Voting: Akigagak, Flintus10, warhammer651, NativeForeigner

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Extension Granted!
Day Ends Thursday, December 16, @ 10:00 PM EST
Extension requests and objections can still be given before the original deadline, Dec. 15 @ 10:00

What is this I don't even...Oh wow did I seriously put Flintus in the actual game wow I derped pretty hard there I thought I just put him in the replacement queue...
um, er... uh... he'll hopefully be back in a couple of days so...
uh...
let's call it an Interactive Lurker Learning Experience and pretend I did it on purpose.

Akigagak, however, has been prodded.
I can see it now.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, yes it would Muz. Would you mind telling me where I dodged and stared random conversations, then? Since clearly the questions and answers don't count. As for the accusation, I didn't have much to say to it so I kept my mouth shut.

I didn't really see how asking the type of questions we did at the start would relate to sniffing out scum, which is probably why I'm being called a lurker.

Ok, since it's a beginner game, I guess it's a valid argument.

Admittedly, I was much more suspicious after warhammer651 defended lordnincompoop. If one of them is scum, the other might be.

We have a, what? 1/9 chance of lynching a cop? Besides, what's to say mafia kills the cop during the night, it wouldn't have mattered who we lynched, no cop. And, we've got Akigagak, who still hasn't posted.
A no lynch instead of an extension would be a bad idea. Now, if we get the extension, and then we have a good reason for a no lynch, I will vote NL, but right now we've got no other reason.

I'm assuming that there's 1-3 mafia in the game; 4 would be inbalanced. Killing at random now means between a 1/3 to a 1/9 chance of hitting a mafia. There's a 2/3 chance of hitting an innocent, but we'll still get information from it. I don't think we'll hit a cop or doctor, because either of these roles will out themselves if they're a serious threat of being lynched.

Unvote for now, but I want to see what Akigagak and Flintus have to say.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that there's 1-3 mafia in the game; 4 would be inbalanced. Killing at random now means between a 1/3 to a 1/9 chance of hitting a mafia. There's a 2/3 chance of hitting an innocent, but we'll still get information from it. I don't think we'll hit a cop or doctor, because either of these roles will out themselves if they're a serious threat of being lynched.

There are always two mafia in a beginner's game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Admittedly, I was much more suspicious after warhammer651 defended lordnincompoop. If one of them is scum, the other might be.

???

I must be blind, because I didn't see that happening.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Prod received and understood.

Haven't been online much, been dealing with real life crap, and when I have been online I didn't feel like reading 2-3 pages of inane blather and finger-pointing. Still don't really, but ah well.

Muz: You're jumping to a lot of conclusions for Day 1 shenanigans in a newbies game. I'll point out this isn't in defense of anyone, just that over-aggressive finger-pointing on the first day just screams a newbie scum trying to point blame on other people. Dak's guide taken into account, you're being too quick to sling accusations at people.

Those that are voting for me for inactivity: Does my inactivity seem scummy at all? You can say it does, but considering it got me 3 votes before I even posted in day 1 business, think about it for a second.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haven't been online much, been dealing with real life crap, and when I have been online I didn't feel like reading 2-3 pages of inane blather and finger-pointing. Still don't really, but ah well.

Well maybe it would be less inane blather, if people in a beginners mafia were active for a change, don't you think?

Those that are voting for me for inactivity: Does my inactivity seem scummy at all?

Of course it does.
You're being harmful, regardless on which side you're on.

It doesn't matter how you deal with lurkers.
Fact is that you have to do something about them.
They don't contribute to the game and even if they are not mafia, they can be used by them as scapegoats later on.

Unvote.
Flintus, how about some input from your side?
Has he been prodded, Agrembarger?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Flintus being put in the roster was a mistake on my part because he said he was going to be gone for a week.

He should be back in 2 days based on his last posts but I meant him to be on the replacement queue...

Hold on I'll see if Ottofar is cool to jump in for him so he has time to participate before the day ends.
I can see it now.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming

That's a reasonable excuse, Unvote.

lordnincompoop, You still haven't explained how being indecisive on D1 is scummy.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D1- The End of All the Pleasantries (More IC's wante
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2010, 05:59:06 pm »

Hi guys! My name is Ottofar, you might know me from the games: Beginners Mafia XVII, Paranormal 17, or the currently on-going BYOR 5.5.

I'm probably not going to be home tomorrow. Or today, as it's 1 am.
Anyways, extend.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D1- The End of All the Pleasantries (More IC's wante
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2010, 06:22:21 pm »

That's a reasonable excuse, Unvote.

lordnincompoop, You still haven't explained how being indecisive on D1 is scummy.

I think Akigagak explained it better than I could have. As he said, excessive finger prodding etc. can be seen as scummy.  He's got an overall abrasive attitude and jumped to conclusions often. That tells me he might as well be a scum trying to find a person to bear down on.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

P.S. Ottofar is replacing Flintus if you didn't notice; this is how it should have been to begin with.

I'm not entirely sure what I can do if Flintus still wants to be a replacement later on, but I'll deal with that if it becomes an issue.
I can see it now.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

I must be blind, because I didn't see that happening.

Taken from page 4:
I dunno. I would probably keep it on Trollan. Looking at his posting history, the only posts he's made have been in this thread. He's also stated that he's played mafia on another message board so he'd be able to do plenty of damage if he was mafia.

On the other hand, he could be a great asset to us townies because of that experience.

of course, Now that I've pointed that out he's probably been bumped up on the mafia's priority list.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22