Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29997 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 12:58:06 am »

Lol, everyone has these huge fricking nations.

Oh, and I just realized that 30 years might take a while for me, slow computer.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 04:23:21 am »

We'll see if I can get my turn done today. If not, then why don't we switch turns Muz? You could take your time for the whole next week then.
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 06:59:58 am »

Why do so few of you have Heir to the Throne? :p

I mean, some of the new family mechanics are a bit silly (hurr, inheriting the entirety of Sweden whilst playing an OPN) but the changes to combat (even if it's only a few minor change, it completely changes the combat dynamic), casus belli (it's really amazing, no more "all out war" over a little insult, it's also kinda limiting, but in a good way) and minor changes (more options for Merchant Republics, more options for the Holy Roman Emperor, more options for Papal Controller, revamp of provinces, winds of trade, new map modes etc) definitely make it worth it.

If it's because you guys don't want to buy it off the 'net, why don't you just do it with a little more finesse and a little less legality?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2010, 07:20:35 am »

It's because we're all poor and didn't buy HTTT yet.
I, actually, lost my EU3 case so I'm stuck with the install on my laptop. Bluh.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 11:03:50 am »

I was going to unite the Indian peninsula under the Hindu religion but seeing as the ginormous Ming are already Hindu and noticing that, in Europe Poland has become a powerhouse i decided to play them. I'll see what I get get with them in 30 year. So far I'm 4 years in and I've expanded a bit after wars with Hungary and Moldavia after which I also liberated Croatia and Transylvania. I'll try and vassalize them now. My next target will be Teutonic Order, then either Ottoman Empire or helping Lithuania get provinces in Russia. I started off bordering Ming but thier provinces rebelled and Zaporhosia is now there.

I'm currently nr. 1 when it comes to prestige but all this conquering has earned me a measly 3 infamy (thanks to all the liberating).

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 01:52:53 pm »

Umm, yeah, just looked at the Tyrant's save, and Brabant seems to have been destroyed by Burgundy. I think I'm going to be England and stick it to those French bastards. Maybe even try to be the first Western nation to reach the new world, since it looks like nobody's over there yet except the Native Americans. Also, the Byzantine Empire seems to be even bigger than it was after maniac left it and has reinstated the Theme System, so all those provinces in Asia Minor have their Roman names... History has already been re-written, but let's see how much England can change it.  8)
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:32 pm »

Umm, yeah, just looked at the Tyrant's save, and Brabant seems to have been destroyed by Burgundy. I think I'm going to be England and stick it to those French bastards. Maybe even try to be the first Western nation to reach the new world, since it looks like nobody's over there yet except the Native Americans. Also, the Byzantine Empire seems to be even bigger than it was after maniac left it and has reinstated the Theme System, so all those provinces in Asia Minor have their Roman names... History has already been re-written, but let's see how much England can change it.  8)

I'm sure no one would have a problem with it if you went onto Burgundy, made Brabant into a vassal state and the fought your way to independence or something.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »

According to that picture, it looks like the once-mighty Byzantines only own Italy, their homeland sacked by the Ottomans. Is this true, or is that the different save?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 04:15:54 pm »

According to that picture, it looks like the once-mighty Byzantines only own Italy, their homeland sacked by the Ottomans. Is this true, or is that the different save?

That's the In Nomine save, I think.

The Byzantine Empire was in the Heir to the Throne save.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 04:24:50 pm »

The purple guys in In Nomine are Naples.

Teutonic order has been crushed. Declaring war on Golden Horde and Ottoman Empire alliance just for the hell of it.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 04:26:10 pm »

Dammit, I should've crushed the Golden Horde when I had the chance. But then again, I was too busy killing off the rebels after the religion change and westernizing and all. So, uh, is Kouban still Ming's or did that rebel too?
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 04:27:18 pm »

You so should've played as the Teutonic Order. Unite Europe under a theocracy.

EDIT: Actually, if the Teutonic Order is still alive after Intelligent Shade of Blue finishes his turn, I'd love to play as them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »

I got the game at 1/5 the price I was going to pay, so sweet. Issue is it does not have HttT, so unless I get that some other way I will not be doing that.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2010, 06:36:49 pm »

Poland update at almost half time. So Muscovy and Novogrod were juking it out while i was pondering my attack plan on the Ottomans when i got the luckiest event CB ever giving me a pretext to attack Novogrod. So there, I'm getting closer and closer to the Emipre requirement of 30 provinces, Muscovy is still at it though :P .

Maybe I jumped the shark a bit about taking on Golden Horde and Ottoman Empire at once. Lets just say certain strategic simulations gave them an asswhopping victory. (yes i admit it, I scummed, they would have slaughtered me)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2010, 08:25:08 pm »

Wait, what? That's impossible, I'm sure I beat the crap out of the Golden Horde so how did they manage to become a threat again?!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15