Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29968 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 08:13:57 am »

I've updated the first post. For now on we have two games going, one for HttT and one for IN.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 11:23:24 am »

Uh, first of all, I'm not sure if I ever stated this correctly, I'm a *she* btw. Yes, there are girls on the internet. >.>

And as for that, uh, so..., I'll be starting a Ming in 1399 then? Woohoo! Let's see how much havoc I can wreck on the thing~

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 11:50:49 am »

Holy sh-t, a girl on the internet!

NERD STAAAAAARE...

(J/k, also love the Japan LP.)

On topic:  Will be watching this, sounds like a lot of fun.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 11:57:12 am »

I can most likey do both, but lets start with complete.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:22 pm »

Mind if I sign you up for both then? You'll have to wait your turn to play Complete but the save for HttT has already been uploaded so check it out and maybe you can start your turn right away.

I understand you don't care for reserving a nation.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 12:45:41 pm »

Doh, I really should have read more carefully.  I'd offer to install IN and do it over again, but I'm EU'd out.  So good luck Hyo!  Maybe you can get a WC before your turn ends.  At least conquer Japan and India.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »

I'd be happy to sign up! Golden Horde in Heir to the Throne.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 03:05:48 pm »

Ok, you're signed up! It's your turn, pick up the save from the first post and get kicking.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »

Mind if I sign you up for both then? You'll have to wait your turn to play Complete but the save for HttT has already been uploaded so check it out and maybe you can start your turn right away.

I understand you don't care for reserving a nation.

Ah sure.

But understand, I don't even have the game yet. I am going to get it this week.

(Thus why I have been dragging my feet on the sign up, I have no idea how long it will take to learn and unless you guys want a smoking crater of a nation I will need some practice.)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 05:39:00 pm »

Doh, I really should have read more carefully.  I'd offer to install IN and do it over again, but I'm EU'd out.  So good luck Hyo!  Maybe you can get a WC before your turn ends.  At least conquer Japan and India.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm currently in the middle of bashing through the middle east to get out to either Jerusalem or to Austria. Btw, Austria is latin, right?

And playing as Ming feels so weird; mostly because I've never had a game so far that I had a stable supply of manpower and that... big unchanging number up there is continuously bothering me!

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 05:52:27 pm »

Ooh, a HttT game started? I'll play Brabant and try to set up the Netherlands, assuming something crazy doesn't happen to that region during the Transcendent Tyrant's turn.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 07:26:34 pm »

Well, it's a couple years early but this seems like a good time to turn it over....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dude, don't put screenshots as bmp, it makes them 100 times bigger than they should be :P

Still, great job with Byzantium. I've never seen them that big.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 12:41:19 am »

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm currently in the middle of bashing through the middle east to get out to either Jerusalem or to Austria. Btw, Austria is latin, right?

IIRC, every catholic country is latin except for the polish/lithuanian, maygar and greek states.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 11:12:14 am »

You did say rewrite history, yeah? :p

The Save (Hopefully that will work...)

Google Doc Upload: 1, 2

Comments
- Golden Horde: Converted to Empire and seems to be going extremely well. Probably could've gone for a world conquest, especially if someone conquered the Ming within about 30 to 40 years. Would probably need to convert to Quest for the New World and get a Conquistador or two (with military access given to us by the Ming) to explore their terrain first, though.
- Byzantium: I had to try pretty damn hard not to convert these guys into Byezantium. Mainly the fact they seemed to want to war with me constantly if I invaded Georgia etc. I ended up sending them plenty of gifts to keep them happy and then allied with them. They usually wouldn't join me in wars, but they'd certainly ally with me again afterwards, and they wouldn't join in too. They've also decided to invade Italy and have annexed Naples.
- Ming: At this point, I think they're the biggest world power. From the glimpses I've had of their armies, they're probably bigger than the Horde's and certainly the largest in the world otherwise. They've conquered most of Tibet and the Oirat Horde and are busy wriggling themselves into India politics. If they Westernised (can the AI do that? I've forgotten), they'd certainly be on the way to world domination.
- England & France & Castille - None of them have united yet, but they're easily on their way to it.

To Next Players: I'd suggest you go for a European or Indian or African power. Unite that part of the world and be ready for whatever comes. Or someone play Ming and conquer the Golden Horde. =p That'd actually be pretty cool.

Spoiler: 1427 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1447 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1460 (click to show/hide)

Please please please please post pictures, guys. I want to see how the world turns out. :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:54:35 am by The Transcendent Tyrant »
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 12:34:53 pm »

Very nice empire! Huge expansion for a 30 year period. Like you said, if you were to keep on playing you would be in a good position for a world conquest. In the AI hands however... I'm afraid if your GH won't get omnomnomed by the two biggest land expansionist in the game: Muscovy and Ming, between which it is sandwiched.

Updating the first post, it's your turn now Intelligent Shade of Blue and once your done and there are on new participants for the HttT I invite you guy's to play another round about if you feel like it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15