Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29992 times)

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2010, 10:27:54 pm »

It's 1473 right now in the HttT game. The Teutonic Order seems to be losing land to Poland, Pommerannia, and the Ukraine (which is getting quite big), and only have 2 provinces left. I'm not sure they'll survive until 1490. Or is it 1489 I'm supposed to stop?

Instead of aiming my armies at Burgundy first like I should have done, I decided to mess with France in the hopes of getting Normandy and my other cores back... Of course, England was ruled by a regency council when I first started so there were many years I had to wait in order to wage war. While it seemed the French were busy taking over Burgundy, I invaded in an attempt to reconquer Normandy (it was the mission I started out with). That... was a horrible decision. France is incredibly powerful right now and have won two wars against me. I'm lucky to have a giant navy blocking any attempts at them invading the British Isles, but they have an incredibly firm grasp on western Europe and are only getting bigger.

In lighter news, the the British Isles are almost all under my control, Scotland reduced to a single province in Lothian, and Tyrone the last remaining Irish kingdom. Also taking the sting from my losses to the French, England is the first Western power to colonize the New World. I've got the two provinces in Greenland and a few in eastern Canada, and I took the Azores before Portugal or Castile strangely enough.

While I cannot see what sorts of things the Golden Horde is up to, Byzantium waged war against the Papal State and at one time held Roma in its grasp. It seems they were  pushed back down into Naples though. They also went to war with Sweden and almost gained territory in Scandinavia...
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2010, 02:15:01 am »

Why do so few of you have Heir to the Throne? :p

Because it costs more money (or work :P). And apparently, Magna Mundi doesn't work on HTTT. And MM has a lot of extra gameplay stuff and balance which HttT's new features don't seem to be as good as. I don't really play non-MM games anymore, because it feels a bit too easy and unrealistic; I get EU3 as a world simulator.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2010, 03:43:33 am »

There is a version called Magna Mundi Ultimate for HttT and it has more features than the In Nomine version. But, like you said, HttT costs money. :P

@Intelligent Shade of Blue You play until January 1st 1490.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:07 am »

Yeah, Magna Mundi Ultimate (linky) works with HttT version 4.1beta.

Anyways, just finished my turn. It... didn't turn out too well for the English.

Spoiler: AAR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps of 1470 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps of 1480 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps of 1490 (click to show/hide)

Here's the save.

As for whoever's next, France is quite a powerhouse at the moment, and Castille, while still not finished destroying Aragon, is also pretty strong and has started to colonize the western coast of Africa. Elsewhere, Muscovy is growing bigger and bigger, now extending into Scandinavia. Persia is also in a good position to strike at Iraq and the Mamlukes, two nations in the midst of rebellion and, in the case of the Mamlukes, in the process of having provinces taken by Algiers. The Golden Horde seems to still be doing well, strangely having taken the island of Brunei (even though its completely controlled by rebels right now...). Byzantium hasn't changed much since 1460, though.

It might also be interesting to play as Ireland and strike against a weakened England. My legitimacy of 0 and prestige of -100 led to English armies of 20000 fleeing from rebel armies of 1500....

EDIT: Oh, and the Teutonic Order is still hanging on with the same 2 provinces, in case you want to play as them, Tyrant.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:07:21 am by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2010, 04:10:39 am »

K, I'm opening a second round of signups for the HttT game, I'm adding Tyrant second turn with Teutonic Order reserved to the list.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2010, 04:16:01 am »

I would sign up again, but unfortunately I'll be going out of town for Thanksgiving and thus won't be able to play any time soon. I look forward to seeing how history is going when I get back, though  ;D

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2010, 11:54:26 am »

Are we re-enlisting if there are no new players?  I wouldn't mind taking a crack at establishing an Irish colonial empire or unifying Italy or Russia.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:44 pm »

As long as nothing crazy happens to Ireland during Tyrant's turn, Ireland is in a pretty good spot.. They have a bigger army than England (13000 at the end of my game, made up of their revolutionary forces, where as all of England's forces had almost been destroyed by rebels and I had only just started recruiting again), and a similarly sized navy -- both of their navies are larger than France's IIRC, so you won't have to worry too much about enemies landing on your shores, except from England of course. Obviously you wouldn't be able to take on France's land army, but smaller or unstable targets would be easy pickings. Of course, I'm not an expert in this game (the disasters I led England into are evidence of this... I never scummed even though I would've liked to, but instead tried to dig out of the holes I made, which didn't work  ::)) so these are just theories.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:55:11 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 08:57:42 pm »

Hope that my games in CK will lessen the learning curve=Crushed.

My turn is going to be "fun."
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2010, 07:54:10 am »

Okay, will get to work on ressurecting the Teutonic Order today. Should be done by tomorrow / day after.

EDIT: Does anyone mind if I play as Bohemia and work on uniting the HRE, instead? Teutonic Order is a "Despotic Monarchy", now. :|
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:09:56 am by The Transcendent Tyrant »
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2010, 06:04:52 pm »

Here is the save for IN: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GPB7KG7F

The map looks like this now:

It appears that Ming have been pushed back to East Asia by rebels. my Polish Empire is likely to suffer a similar fate I'm afraid. It would look way more solid if Lithuania was inherited. I tried to get a lot of minor nations to appear and they have, especially in the Balkans. Since I've been bashing mainly GH and Novogrod Muscovy might have become a tad too powerful. Ottoman Emipre isn't all that scary yet. haven't watched western Europe that much. Seems like it could be either Naples or Milan to dominate Italy but they get frequently tied up in conflicts with OE. england looks close to forming GB, France is almost unified, Sweden controls nearly all of Scandinavia. I wouldn't bet money on Polands continued existence as a superpower, despite good allies like Sweden and Lithuania I think the AI might suck it up to either Muscovy or OE.

It's Muz's turn now. I'll write up an AAR for my turn as soon as i have some time.

I suggest someone try out Persia. They look like they could be a lot of fun to play, expanding rapidly either east or west, also they are a Theocracy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:40:40 pm by Toady Two »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2010, 10:20:35 pm »

Yay, my turn. Let's see how long I can make the Morroccan empire last.

Oh wow. Morocco sucks. -48 prestige, 8 war exhaustion, war with Mamluks, Castille on their northern borders. My 30 years might just be spent trying to keep it alive. Oh well, I did pick it for the challenge. The gold mine will be useful :P

1461 - I manage to destroy the rebels, losing every mercenary and soldier in the process, negotiate peace with Mamluks, in exchange for every coin I have.

1462 - Castille and Portugal declare war on Morocco. 26 thousand Spanish soldiers tearing apart a war-torn land guarded by 6 thousand weary Moroccan men.

Ok, screw it, Morocco is doomed. I think Castille will annex them within those 30 years. I think I'll play another country. I still want a challenge with some underdog, but not one that's too remote from all other civilization.

I think I'll switch to Brunei, which controls my RL home town. They've got an interesting 3-way alliance with the most powerful Islamic nations in the SE Asia region and are declaring on the massive (in terms of manpower) Indochinese states and winning. I might actually be able to turn the region into a superpower. The Europian colonists will invade the area in a few decades, and if they're stronger, it should make history a lot more interesting :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:59:27 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:00 am »

I may need to bump my turn back a bit; I wasn't expecting my turn to come up so quickly, and thus don't have the game yet. I'll probably have it early next week, but my town's post office closes for Thanksgiving break and most of the weekend, so they won't mail my package to me until then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2010, 04:57:27 am »

Okay, will get to work on ressurecting the Teutonic Order today. Should be done by tomorrow / day after.

EDIT: Does anyone mind if I play as Bohemia and work on uniting the HRE, instead? Teutonic Order is a "Despotic Monarchy", now. :|

LOL. That's a history change for ya. I don't think it'd be a big deal if you played as Bohemia instead of the TO. I certainly wouldn't mind.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2010, 06:12:33 am »

I went ahead and played Brunei instead of Morocco.

Managed to conquer a large portion of the SE Asian archipelago by 1468, captured 11 provinces and got a vassal already :P I'll probably be able to control all the Islamic provinces by then, after which I'll just focus on making sure there's no rebels to take down my empire during other people's turns. My next plan should earn me three more major provinces, a COT, a hell lot of infamy, and enough manpower to act as the police of the region.

As I predicted, almost all of Morocco's been taken over by Castille/Portugal by now. Hmm.. how do I take screenshots of the world map?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:19:00 am by Muz »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15