Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87795 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 2: Jim shaped smear]
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »

If you thought about your attack of not liking my scumhunting style, you'd realize that's how I fucking scumhunt. It's a nulltell. All you've got are nulltells but oh no, you want to go on the lynch wagon. Fuck you.
Okay, it's how you scumhunt. How is this different from policy lynching Org, then? You're being absolutely worthless when I know you don't have to be, so I'm going to lynch you. If you're scum, hurray! If you're not scum, hopefully you'll learn to be worth a damn.

But seriously, look back at the day. Look at the posting patterns. Look at how many times lemon has posted. Look at how many times Jokerman has posted. Keep your vote on me, fine, but call an extension so that these lurkers will stop lurking. I find it frankly unacceptable to be lynched when Jokerman has not posted at all today. The fact the day's ending on Thanksgiving is also bullshit. Most of the playerbase probably can't even post. In about an hour, I won't be able to post either (not that it matter since the day's ending in 20 minutes.)
If you find it unacceptable, you should have called them on it earlier, when you had nothing to do because nobody was giving you anything to do. You didn't mention it until it became apparent that you needed to deflect onto them, at which point suddenly it's scummy. You had nothing, but there was all this lurking going on the whole time? Weird.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2010, 05:10:06 pm »

But seriously, look back at the day. Look at the posting patterns. Look at how many times lemon has posted. Look at how many times Jokerman has posted. Keep your vote on me, fine, but call an extension so that these lurkers will stop lurking. I find it frankly unacceptable to be lynched when Jokerman has not posted at all today. The fact the day's ending on Thanksgiving is also bullshit. Most of the playerbase probably can't even post. In about an hour, I won't be able to post either (not that it matter since the day's ending in 20 minutes.)

Nice attempt at a deflection, but if you actually looked you'd see that I have posted, both this physical day and this game day. I've posed my suspicions on Jet and asked him questions that he has yet to answer. In addition, it's the fucking holiday and everyone is busy.

But seriously, nice deflection. I was almost suspicious of me for a while there. /sarcasm
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

No no, I never said lurking was scummy. I was merely pointing out a distinct lack of posts. Just a request of action, that's all. Believe me, I know what it's like to accidentally miss a day then get yelled at. I'm just saying I wish to hear more from a few people who haven't posted much. If I thought somebody was scummy for lurking, I'd be voting that player.

I apparently did miss a post by you, Jokerman. My read-through must be significantly worse than I was giving it credit for being. I guess it's time to reread the thread. That's going to suck. The worst part is I'll probably finish it just as the day ends tomorrow. Oh well, it's not time sensitive. Either I'll be dead or I won't, but either way I'll be holding onto IronyOwl for bullshit reasoning for voting me.

@IronyOwl: There's no such thing as OMGUS. What you're looking for is "reasonless vote", and I've stated my reason for voting you. If you want to come forward with something I've done that's actually scummy, that'd be great, but I seriously doubt any such thing exists.

If you thought about your attack of not liking my scumhunting style, you'd realize that's how I fucking scumhunt. It's a nulltell. All you've got are nulltells but oh no, you want to go on the lynch wagon. Fuck you.
Okay, it's how you scumhunt. How is this different from policy lynching Org, then? You're being absolutely worthless when I know you don't have to be, so I'm going to lynch you. If you're scum, hurray! If you're not scum, hopefully you'll learn to be worth a damn.

It's not any different from policy lynching Org, which we've all agree'd is a bad idea. So why are you trying to push a policy lynch on me? If I'm doing anything abnormal, please say so. If all you've got is what I normally do and you don't like it, well, that's not my problem.

If you find it unacceptable, you should have called them on it earlier, when you had nothing to do because nobody was giving you anything to do. You didn't mention it until it became apparent that you needed to deflect onto them, at which point suddenly it's scummy. You had nothing, but there was all this lurking going on the whole time? Weird.

I'm a nice guy, I was giving them all time to post. It really pisses me off when people complain I'm not posting when I either haven't been physically able to post or there's still time left for me to post. It's really fucking annoying when both are true. So I try and avoid being "that guy", but at this point, it's gotten a touch silly how little lemon and Toaster have posted.

In hindsight, prodding the lurkers yesterday would of been a good idea. Oh well, what's past is done. I'd like to hear lemon's thoughts tomorrow and I'd really like to know why he didn't call for an extension. I'm also interested in what exactly Jokerman means by "deflection". I don't get what's scummy about pointing out what the other players are doing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:08 pm »

No no, I never said lurking was scummy. I was merely pointing out a distinct lack of posts. Just a request of action, that's all. Believe me, I know what it's like to accidentally miss a day then get yelled at. I'm just saying I wish to hear more from a few people who haven't posted much. If I thought somebody was scummy for lurking, I'd be voting that player.
So you don't see any problem with people being useless to town. Your own excuse for not having any suspicions was even based on nobody else doing anything, and you still feel this way? I'd like to ask why nobody finding scum is perfectly alright with you.

It's not any different from policy lynching Org, which we've all agree'd is a bad idea. So why are you trying to push a policy lynch on me? If I'm doing anything abnormal, please say so. If all you've got is what I normally do and you don't like it, well, that's not my problem.
I didn't mean the Lynch Org Because He's Org policy, I meant the Lynch Org If He Refuses To Be Useful policy. You've flatly refused to do anything, and see no issue with yourself or others doing this. For a townie interested in finding scum, this simply doesn't make sense.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:57 pm »

What points? There are no points. So far the only point I've seen is "anybody who helps the town can't be scum!", which is so wrong it's not even funny.

Afraid to vote, I see. Why might that be? If I'm so scummy, why not vote me? If Jetsquirrel is so much scummier, why not vote him?
More like 'anybody who helps town has a better chance of being town than scum.'
The question we need to ask is: Why are you so defensive of blue?  Why are you reacting so violently to anyone attacking your precious blue school?

At least I have suspicions, you hypocrite.  You're not voting anyone either.  You're too defensive.  I wasn't sure about either of you before this post, but now I think we can say you're scum, Mr. Person.  Good job making up my mind.

All I'm saying is that either the blue or green sorcerer could be scum. Everything's still on the table, nothing's been confirmed yet.

I could turn this around and ask why you're so defensive of the green sorcerer, but I won't since that'd be a waste of time. What the sorcerers did/do is irrelevant. It's far more important who the actual sorcerers ARE and what they've done during the day. I operate under the assumption that night actions are only relevant if they clear a townie or catch scum. That's just how I operate. If you really, really want to drink wine, I'm not going to stop you, but I've really got to recommend against it.

Good job avoiding answering my question. Why didn't you vote for me or Jetsquirrel before? And why are you voting for me now, anyways? Because I'm not voting? I'm not voting anyone because I've still got no suspicions worth voting for.
Yes, it doesn't matter what the sorcerers do, doesn't it?  Who cares if the scum sorcerer gets a powerful spell?  I'm not defending the green sorcerer, he still could be scum, however, I think it more likely that the blue school is scum.

I didn't vote you or Jet because I didn't feel that strongly about either of you.  Now I feel strongly enough to vote you.
Mind coming here Jokerman-exe?, you dropped your vote with little evidence against me and started lurking.
lolOMGUS.
If that you = mr.person then ignore this piece of text as i dont know who he is mentioning besides me.
You have posted in the first quote your  2 top picks and then all of a sudden you drop it all and go vote for mr.person. With no Evidencial backup from your side, so it looks like you are just going for an easier target. with your scumbuddy IronyOwl, he makes the solid statements and you join him in with weak questions.
Blatantly defending Mr Person much?
I find amusing how your chosen scumteam is the two people who are attacking you and Mr Person.  That is the weakest chainsaw I've ever seen.
Unvote
I simply havent had enough time on the computer for the last couple of days to post and read this thread, so ive been lurking. And as such i don't think i will be able to read the tread and vote on what has been revealed today.

The day ends in a couple hours. Why didn't you ask for an assist, lemon10?
Yes let's vote the lurker with a real excuse, so we don't actually have to scumhunt.  That'll obviously help.
Actually, to use the proper term, lemon would be a flaker, right?
Anyway, I think he's telling the truth, however unacceptable his absence may be.

I apparently did miss a post by you, Jokerman. My read-through must be significantly worse than I was giving it credit for being. I guess it's time to reread the thread. That's going to suck. The worst part is I'll probably finish it just as the day ends tomorrow. Oh well, it's not time sensitive. Either I'll be dead or I won't, but either way I'll be holding onto IronyOwl for bullshit reasoning for voting me.
Yes, anyone who disagrees with you obviously has bullshit reasons.  Duh.

Yes.  Your readthrough has, frankly, been atrocious.  You've been missing all sorts of relevant details.  Especially ones that incriminate you.  Selective reading, perhaps?
@IronyOwl: There's no such thing as OMGUS. What you're looking for is "reasonless vote", and I've stated my reason for voting you. If you want to come forward with something I've done that's actually scummy, that'd be great, but I seriously doubt any such thing exists.
You pretty much just defined an OMGUS.  It's a vote whose only reason is that the person you're voting voted you.
You didn't just seriously say you haven't done anything scummy, right?  Maybe you should read through the thread closer because you've done quite a few.

Yes, but we're lynching you on a combination of being useless this particular game, and you acting scummy.  It looks to me like you're trying to 'work with us' in this post.  That, my friend, is a scumtell.
I'm a nice guy, I was giving them all time to post. It really pisses me off when people complain I'm not posting when I either haven't been physically able to post or there's still time left for me to post. It's really fucking annoying when both are true. So I try and avoid being "that guy", but at this point, it's gotten a touch silly how little lemon and Toaster have posted.

In hindsight, prodding the lurkers yesterday would of been a good idea. Oh well, what's past is done. I'd like to hear lemon's thoughts tomorrow and I'd really like to know why he didn't call for an extension. I'm also interested in what exactly Jokerman means by "deflection". I don't get what's scummy about pointing out what the other players are doing.
He probably didn't call for an extension because he's new, and probably didn't even know he could.
HOW can you not see what jokerman means by deflection.  He means you attempted to deflect suspicion from yourself by pointing at the other players and not answering the points against you.

Mod: You seem to have missed my vote on Mr Person.

Mr Person: Still haven't seem any scumhunting from you.  No pressure at all.  If that isn't scummy, then I don't know what is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2010, 12:01:19 am »

Mind coming here Jokerman-exe?, you dropped your vote with little evidence against me and started lurking.

You go down to nothing and all you can come up with is a lurker vote?

So even if you read through the thread again, it won't matter- you've already decided to vote Irony.  You've already decided it's in your best interest to vote Irony, regardless of what a reread of a thread you've missed a lot of turns up.  Scummy- you're next on my vote list.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2010, 10:54:49 am »

You and Jetsquirrel. 80% certainty.
I have decided that Mr. Person is more likely to be the scum sorcerer, blue. As he is more competent then his scum buddy ...

Unvote Jetsquirrel.
Vote Mr. Person.

If that you = mr.person then ignore this piece of text as i dont know who he is mentioning besides me.
You have posted in the first quote your  2 top picks and then all of a sudden you drop it all and go vote for mr.person. With no Evidencial backup from your side, so it looks like you are just going for an easier target. with your scumbuddy IronyOwl, he makes the solid statements and you join him in with weak questions.
As I was responding to Mr. Person, it was pointed at him.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com

>>> End of Day 2 <<<

Mr.Person (5) - IronyOwl, KaminaSquirtle, Nirur Torir
Jetsquirrel (3) - Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Nirur Torir (3) - Jetsquirrel, lemon10
IronyOwl (1) - Mr.Person
lemon10 (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
Toaster (0) -

As the long day draws to a close, you feel it in your hearts: Mr.Person is the one to die today. Your greatest fears are confirmed as you go to confront him and he brings out his SPOON OF SELF-DEFENSE.  Unfortunately for him, the peddler who sold it to him was a total crackpot.  Who uses a spoon for self defense anyways?

Looking through his pockets, you see the official Warranty for SPOON OF SELF-DEFENSE, Dark Sorcerer Membership Card, and a curious hourglass talisman. It must mean that he was really Mr.Person the Blue, Master of Time Magic.  Quite a blow to the Dark Sorcerers indeed!
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 3: The hulk and the dead]
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:15 pm »

>>> Day 3 <<<

Day Ends: 2 Dec 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists (or lack thereof) before the day ends.

It's starting to get lonely, with only 7 of you left. Especially when you realize that 7 is actually 6. Nirur Torir (Innocent Apprentice) may be standing there, but he's certainly not breathing. No-one can quite just how long he'd been standing there dead, but you do know one thing: There's still a Dark Sorcerer around!

In his pocket, a note:
the battle you win
but the war you will still lose
I will reign surpreme

The lack of Nirur Torir seems somewhat offset by IronyOwl's recent growth spurth. He seems much larger. And greener. And lifelike. Wonder what that means?

Remaining Players
IRONYOWL, AVATAR OF LIFE
Jetsquirrel
Jokerman-EXE
KaminaSquirtle
lemon10
Toaster

Remaining Schools
Green Magic

Yesterday's subport
Blue Magic - 1 Apprentice
Green Magic - 4 Apprentices
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2010, 07:32:57 pm »

You looted my corpse?!?!

I see no reason to ever forgive any of you for this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:27 pm »

I can't believe you didn't drop any treasure. >:(

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:31 pm »

Just from day 1:

Three people bandwagon JS in quick succession:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JS OMGUS's Person.

Person claims JS is rolefishing

JS calls out Person for lurking again

lemon10 jumps off the JS bandwagon, at this point consisting of only Person and himself, and onto the Jim one

JS yet again calls out Person for lurking

Person unvotes JS, claims he's "oozing townvibes."

JS doesn' drop it

I would most certainly not put it past Person to bus JS, and his sudden shift from "you're rolefishing" to "everything you've done is town" is suspicious. On the other hand, JS repeatedly called Person out on lurking, even after there was no danger of being lynched and even after Person had unvoted him.

lemon10, on the other hand, has done nothing, at all, except bandwagon. JS was a lot scummier Day 2, but he at least showed up somewhat, whereas lemon10 used the Person defense ("oops all suspects dead") and then the Person strategy (lurklurklurklurk).

I'll look into further options later, but I'd like to hear everyone else's suspicions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:10 pm »

i assume that you are voting for me with the blue text, correct?
As i have said about 10 times, my votes for other people had nothing to do with others voting or even weather they voted.
The reason i didn't post wasn't because i didn't have any suspicions (although i didn't), but rather i didn't post because i had family over for thanksgiving (they just left yesterday), and i didn't have the time to read the thread.
But yeah, i am aware that i lurked for pretty much all of day two, and no, it wasn't part of any scummy plan, regardless of weather i am town or scum, i wouldn't have posted day two.

As i have said before, my votes have nothing to do with who is attacking people at that point, or even if anyone else is attacking them, but weather i think they are suspicious or not.
And at the point i voted for jim, only 1 other person had voted for him anyways.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2010, 11:40:54 pm »

Blue means FoS (Finger of Suspicion). It's a convenient way to specify that you suspect someone without voting them, like if you're already voting someone else.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22:13 am »

godamn it, godamn firefox, i had about finished up my post, then i accidentally clicked on a quote link, deleting my post, i'm going to go right back and retype it now :(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26