Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87813 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 2: Jim shaped smear]
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2010, 08:19:28 pm »

Let me ask all you "green sorcerer=town" guys a few hypothetical questions (that means don't answer them, just think about it). Do you honestly think that if the green sorcerer was scum, he'd be stupid enough to only give himself and his scumbuddy his double votes? Do you see any potential scum pairings in the list of double voters? What if the green sorcerer isn't in control of who gets double votes? What if the green sorcerer is townie, do you see any reasoning for the list of people who got double votes?

What do you think about the fact the blue sorcerer only got 1 assist? What do you think the blue sorcerer's spells are? What if his spells aren't confirmable?

These are all questions that come off the top of my head. There's too many unknowns for me to draw useful conclusions from the list of who the green sorcerer gave double votes to. If all those players turn out to be apprentices or the green sorcerer didn't assist himself or green gets 3 assists and the scum don't give themselves more votes than the rest of the town combined (7p or 6p night) or there was something else confirmable, then yeah, there'd be a case for the green sorcerer being verifiable town. As it is, it's all speculation. Any time spent speculating about roles is better spent scumhunting until we know more.
Okay, so stop talking about it just to seed doubt on green being town-aligned.

Nirur, I'd like to hear who you think is scum right now.
You and Jetsquirrel. 80% certainty.

I just said that the only player I thought was scum roleflipped as town, so I have to scumhunt. Which obviously means I have no vote or arguments against anyone. If I did, I wouldn't be scumhunting, I'd be voting to lynch.

Truth be told, I haven't noticed much for the entirety of the game to attack anyone for. Probably I'm just not that good... and possibly I've been focusing on Jim too much. I did read every post, but probably not as well as I could of. I would reread, but frankly that's a lot of work I don't feel like doing. There's still plenty of time left in the day for me to get a lynch target. I believe there's another day or two of discussion, plus extension if we (I) need them.
You're completely clueless over who the scum is? How very unlike you, unless you're just completely dazed by so many votes against you and your scum partner.

I only vote people when I'm sure they're scum. I don't have any solid scumpicks, so I'm not voting. At the moment my best guess is Kamina, but that's only because I asked a question that went unanswered.
So scumhunt more, defend blue less.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »

Person:  That was an awfully weak post out of you.  Most of what you do is merely respond to questions posed to you- the rest of what you do is try to quell discussion on which school is scum and a weak prod on Kamina, which really comes out in a reply to him.  You say...

Truth be told, I haven't noticed much for the entirety of the game to attack anyone for. Probably I'm just not that good... and possibly I've been focusing on Jim too much. I did read every post, but probably not as well as I could of. I would reread, but frankly that's a lot of work I don't feel like doing. There's still plenty of time left in the day for me to get a lynch target. I believe there's another day or two of discussion, plus extension if we (I) need them.

It's fine if you have no firm suspicions... but you don't do anything to try to get some.  You don't really question, you don't press anyone, you just respond to what's coming at you.  This reactive game of yours is raising you up on my scum list.

Why aren't you pressing people?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:27 pm »

I have decided that Mr. Person is more likely to be the scum sorcerer, blue. As he is more competent then his scum buddy ...

Unvote Jetsquirrel.
Vote Mr. Person.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2010, 04:04:22 am »

You didn't think he had any way of knowing who the scum are? That makes no sense at all, of course he has an opinion of who the scum are. Speaking of which, Nirur, I'd like to hear who you think is scum right now.
I suppose I answered this wrong. Yes, he'll have suspicions, but he can't very well reveal them without going into some detail on the list. Revealing which school he suspects is scum doesn't require revealing the list, or even using the list.

I note that after claiming "asking about the list" is "dangerously close to role fishing," you are now asking him who he thinks is scum. Which is either a pathetic and overdue attempt at normal scumhunting, or requesting information about the list.

What? Are you trying to say that ANY question aimed at Nirur is asking about the list? That's stupid, Nirur is MORE than capable of saying "I think Player X and Y are scum" and explaining why without resorting to the list. And if the list did confirm some player as scum (Protip: It can't today), Nirur would claim that and save us all the trouble. And if Nirur could know which color was the scum color (Protip: He can't 100% for sure), he would claim that as well. So he's logically either scum or not 100% sure on both fronts.

I actually have to disagree with you. Saying who's scum is very easy to explain with only information in the thread. Saying which color is scum is much more difficult. What say you to that?

You only just now answered my question of why you asked which color is scum over who is scum. Your original post simply defended asking about the scum color without explaining why asking that's superior to asking who's scum. So I asked why you asked your question to get an actual answer out of you.
Fair enough. This doesn't explain why you consider which school is the scum school to be both irrelevant and unknowable, however.

I've already explained this. Feel free to drink the wine, but don't drag anybody else down this road.

You asked a question that can only be answered with information gathered from the list of who assisted who. That's fishing for information in my book. So you asked the scum colors because you wanted to get a read on him. Alright, what kind of read did you get off him?
No, I did not. I asked a question that can be answered much more definitively and usefully with that information, but it doesn't require it.

But furthermore, what information would I be fishing for exactly, and why would that be problematic/scummy? Is asking him which school is scum going to tell me who the town sorcerer is somehow?

But wait, it gets better! You not only asked me why I didn't just ask who he thought is scum, you asked the same question yourself. So either figuring out the scum school requires the list, but figuring out scum doesn't and you just happened to ask the guy with the list, or you're information fishing by your own standards.

So what would of been a scummy response from Nirur?

I'm trying to figure out what information, if any, you were trying to learn. That's why I'm still talking to you. The most obvious would be that the scum sorcerer is likely to be rolefishing for the town sorcerer.

It doesn't take referencing the list of assists to scumhunt. It is possible to scumhunt and attack without using the list if there's something to attack with outside the list. It's actually quite simple if you weren't blindly attacking me for shit that's not actually threatening. Seriously, did you just attack me for asking Nirur Torir who he thinks the scum are?

So why are you voting me? I don't see any reasoning.
LurkingUselessness. You're not doing and haven't been doing shit. You're very careful to stress the difference between active lurking and lurking, and quibble over the exact definition of either, but I really don't give a damn. The point is, you're not scum hunting, and whether you want to call that lurking, active lurking, being useless, or playing the green flute, the fact remains that you were really only impressive when in serious danger of being lynched. The rest of the time, you're either not posting or posting passive-as-shit declarations and observations. You've probably spent more time telling people they should scumhunt and ignore schools than you have actually scumhunting.

The reason I "quibble" over the differences between active lurking and lurking is so that when somebody makes an accusation, I know exactly what they're talking about. There's a difference between lurking and active lurking wether you pretend there isn't or not. Course that's irrelevant to the actual meat of your attack, but it's very obvious you're going into the attack annoyed, probably because you perceive me as wasting your time. Which is stupid because the differences are actually quite simple but very important.

Despite what you say, I am in fact scumhunting. I prefer to scumhunt in a reactive manner by analyzing posts. I'm not so good with throwing questions at people. Doesn't mean I'm not doing anything, there just isn't a whole lot to analyze. I posted more earlier because there was a lot of content to talk about. There's much less now, so I'm not posting as much. If you have anything you want to ask, I'd LOVE for you to bring it up.

I just said that the only player I thought was scum roleflipped as town, so I have to scumhunt. Which obviously means I have no vote or arguments against anyone. If I did, I wouldn't be scumhunting, I'd be voting to lynch.

Case in point. You say you haven't noticed anything, which justifies not having any suspicions. You certainly can't go find scum, you've got to wait for them to reveal themselves and fall into your lap.

And you say there's plenty of time left in the day, but I consider that absolutely fucking irrelevant, because I see no reason to believe you'll be any more efficient later in the day than you are now. Have you been making progress so far? Are you closer to figuring out whether someone's scum? Or are you just hoping someone else will make something happen so you can bandwagon your not-scumbuddy?

Yeah, actually, that's exactly what I do. It's worked well enough in the past, although I understand that sometimes activity can die out if nobody's doing anything. On the other hand, I do great when there's lots of other discussion and/or some discussion aimed at me.

So you're saying that I'm scum for not having any suspicions despite there being plenty of day to get them? That's ridiculous. If we get to the end of the day and I'm still lacking suspicions and not calling for an extension, then something's wrong and you've got a case. For now, you're trying to say I'm scum for not doing something when there's still time to do it.

I'm going to go ahead and call for an extension now, actually. I really don't think it's fair to end the day in the middle of Thanksgiving. I also need more time to figure out who's scum.

Okay, so stop talking about it just to seed doubt on green being town-aligned.

All I'm going to say is that the green sorcerer may or may not be scum. I've said WAY too much about this already. If you accept that the green sorcerer may or may not be scum, great. If not, whatever, nothing's going to convince you because you're an idiot. Or you're biased, but either way I'm wasting my time.

You're completely clueless over who the scum is? How very unlike you, unless you're just completely dazed by so many votes against you and your scum partner.

I didn't have a scumpick at the start of Day 2, and there hasn't been anything suspicious so far.

I only vote people when I'm sure they're scum. I don't have any solid scumpicks, so I'm not voting. At the moment my best guess is Kamina, but that's only because I asked a question that went unanswered.
So scumhunt more, defend blue less.

You make it sound like I can't do both at the same time.

Person:  That was an awfully weak post out of you.  Most of what you do is merely respond to questions posed to you- the rest of what you do is try to quell discussion on which school is scum and a weak prod on Kamina, which really comes out in a reply to him.  You say...

It's fine if you have no firm suspicions... but you don't do anything to try to get some.  You don't really question, you don't press anyone, you just respond to what's coming at you.  This reactive game of yours is raising you up on my scum list.

Why aren't you pressing people?

Well, considering that nearly every post in Day 2 is aimed at me, yeah, all my time is going to be spent defending from them. If there were posts not aimed at me, I'd analyze them too.

I'm not pressing anyone because there's nothing to press with. If I had something to press somebody with, I'd be pushing to lynch.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:57 am »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day ends in ~ 5.5 hours
25 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.
Activity warnings have been sent.

Mr.Person (4) - IronyOwl, Nirur Torir
Jetsquirrel (3) - Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Nirur Torir (3) - Jetsquirrel, lemon10
lemon10 (0) -
IronyOwl (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting: KaminaSquirtle, Mr.Person

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2010, 02:32:56 pm »

SUUUUUUPER WIFOM. Your thought processes also seem a little sketchy here, and this entire post does nothing but confuse townies.
ehhh don't have to say much about that I agree that is a dumb WIFOM from my side.
Why did you claim your assist?  What did you hope to gain?  Have you found that scum you said you were going to find yet?
Because i thought i might have helped town, since jim got killed. see first point. maybe.

Now for the scumhunting part.
Unvote Nirur.  Your response was townie enough for me.

I tend to agree with the blue=scum hypothesis, and, assuming the green sorc had a choice in the matter, that the green sorc buffed those players he thought least scummy.

Kamina:  I can back up Nirur's claim- the flavor PM specifically mentioned our vote.

Jetsquirrel:  Why did you claim your assist?  What did you hope to gain?  Have you found that scum you said you were going to find yet?

You dropped him too easly, instead of pressing you just let him pass. Now WHY did you let let him pass that easly?

I think it might be better to keep the list close to your vest for right now, Nirur. Didn't Jim say he was sending it to two people? If so, it would be nice if the other person kept quiet about it, and maybe held onto it for a while.

ahhhhh....... that explains much.. Now ehm ehh... Im going to try to find some scum.

Waffling much? Come on, Jet, you're playing really sloppy. First you spearhead an attack on Nirur, then you just drop it completely when he defeats one point? That's pretty much you trying to appear active. I'm also curious about this:

i think we got a confirmed scum school and that is green, since jim probaly wanted to balance the votes amongst all 3 schools to not let scum have 3 guys while he may have chosen 1 guy more for himself to get 3 apprentices. As i can say honestly i voted for blue since that is what i red in Jims PM. SO that means that the guy who should've have voted for blue switched to green, and they obvously killed JIM to wipe out all evidence. BUt what we can do now is either vote for noone or vote for blue but voting for green is no option as he can use his best powers if you dont change the votes.

SUUUUUUPER WIFOM. Your thought processes also seem a little sketchy here, and this entire post does nothing but confuse townies.

Mind coming here Jokerman-exe?, you dropped your vote with little evidence against me and started lurking.

You and Jetsquirrel. 80% certainty.
I have decided that Mr. Person is more likely to be the scum sorcerer, blue. As he is more competent then his scum buddy ...

Unvote Jetsquirrel.
Vote Mr. Person.

If that you = mr.person then ignore this piece of text as i dont know who he is mentioning besides me.
You have posted in the first quote your  2 top picks and then all of a sudden you drop it all and go vote for mr.person. With no Evidencial backup from your side, so it looks like you are just going for an easier target. with your scumbuddy IronyOwl, he makes the solid statements and you join him in with weak questions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »

Unvote
I simply havent had enough time on the computer for the last couple of days to post and read this thread, so ive been lurking. And as such i don't think i will be able to read the tread and vote on what has been revealed today.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2010, 03:18:42 pm »

Unvote
I simply havent had enough time on the computer for the last couple of days to post and read this thread, so ive been lurking. And as such i don't think i will be able to read the tread and vote on what has been revealed today.

The day ends in a couple hours. Why didn't you ask for an assist, lemon10?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

I actually have to disagree with you. Saying who's scum is very easy to explain with only information in the thread. Saying which color is scum is much more difficult. What say you to that?
Then do so. There's two hours to go and you still "don't have anything on anyone." I thought there was plenty of time?

To your intended point, I'd then ask why you specifically asked Nirur. Was it coincidence, or were you hoping for insight from the list?

Fair enough. This doesn't explain why you consider which school is the scum school to be both irrelevant and unknowable, however.
I've already explained this. Feel free to drink the wine, but don't drag anybody else down this road.
WIFOM is not automatically invalid, merely dangerous. Anything could be a scum gambit, but your insistence that we need to completely ignore the topic is excessive.

So what would of been a scummy response from Nirur?

I'm trying to figure out what information, if any, you were trying to learn. That's why I'm still talking to you. The most obvious would be that the scum sorcerer is likely to be rolefishing for the town sorcerer.
Anything unusual could have been scummy. It was more of a general prod than a specific trap.

It doesn't take referencing the list of assists to scumhunt. It is possible to scumhunt and attack without using the list if there's something to attack with outside the list. It's actually quite simple if you weren't blindly attacking me for shit that's not actually threatening. Seriously, did you just attack me for asking Nirur Torir who he thinks the scum are?
Yes. You said asking "about the list" was "dangerously close to rolefishing," then ask the guy with the list who he thinks the scum are. Normally this wouldn't be unusual, except you've barely asked anyone else anything, and all of a sudden make a random inquiry into Nirur, right in the middle of passively answering questions and telling people the scum school is unknowable. When it's the only time you do it, I'm inclined to think there's something unusual going on.

Despite what you say, I am in fact scumhunting. I prefer to scumhunt in a reactive manner by analyzing posts. I'm not so good with throwing questions at people. Doesn't mean I'm not doing anything, there just isn't a whole lot to analyze. I posted more earlier because there was a lot of content to talk about. There's much less now, so I'm not posting as much. If you have anything you want to ask, I'd LOVE for you to bring it up.
To summarize:

-You're not doing anything because nobody else has done anything for you.
-If other people do things, you'll maybe figure something out and bandwagon.
-There's two hours left in the day.

Even lemon10 (WHERE ARE YOU) or JS didn't have the balls to say waiting for others to do stuff was their scumhunting strategy.

Yeah, actually, that's exactly what I do. It's worked well enough in the past, although I understand that sometimes activity can die out if nobody's doing anything. On the other hand, I do great when there's lots of other discussion and/or some discussion aimed at me.
Then perhaps you should make some discussion?

So you're saying that I'm scum for not having any suspicions despite there being plenty of day to get them? That's ridiculous. If we get to the end of the day and I'm still lacking suspicions and not calling for an extension, then something's wrong and you've got a case. For now, you're trying to say I'm scum for not doing something when there's still time to do it.

Quote from: OVER THREE HOURS AGO
Day ends in ~ 5.5 hours
25 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

I WONDER IF ANYONE FORESAW THIS
And you say there's plenty of time left in the day, but I consider that absolutely fucking irrelevant, because I see no reason to believe you'll be any more efficient later in the day than you are now.

You're scum or useless, Mr.Person. Rot on a rope.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2010, 03:25:33 pm »

I was not operating under the assumption that nothing would happen in 3 RL days.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

Wait a minute IronyOwl, are you saying I'm scum because you don't like my scumhunting style? Now that's just some grade A bullshit right there. I always scumhunt like that, so why is my scumhunting style lynchable now?

And me being useless is a bit of an exaggeration. At least I've been posting unlike lemon, Jetsquirrel, and Jokerman. If you were really interested in useless posting, you'd at least be asking them questions. No IronyOwl, you're going for the easy lynch without thinking about what you're saying. There, one scum. Unvote, vote IronyOwl

Unvote

The day ends in a couple hours. Why didn't you ask for an assist, lemon10?

I meant extension, by the way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:32 pm »

Wait a minute IronyOwl, are you saying I'm scum because you don't like my scumhunting style? Now that's just some grade A bullshit right there. I always scumhunt like that, so why is my scumhunting style lynchable now?
The only times I've seen you use this "style" are when I assumed it was a part of lurking.

In any case, it's worthless. Look at this shit:
I was not operating under the assumption that nothing would happen in 3 RL days.
First you say "Oh look I'll do nothing but other stuff will happen and I'll do stuff with that!" Then nothing happens because other people also did nothing, and your plan fails. But oh, it's not your fault! Nobody else did anything, which meant you couldn't do anything! Clearly your complete lack of effort is the fault of everyone else or the game in general.

Or maybe they're just using the exact same excuse as you? Let's all follow Mr.Person's example and have a game that's blank except for the mod declaring who scum killed that night.

And me being useless is a bit of an exaggeration. At least I've been posting unlike lemon, Jetsquirrel, and Jokerman. If you were really interested in useless posting, you'd at least be asking them questions. No IronyOwl, you're going for the easy lynch without thinking about what you're saying. There, one scum. Unvote, vote IronyOwl
CONGRATULATIONS! A scum has finally wandered into your mouth at the 11th hour, and all you had to do was OMGUS him! Truly splendid, Mr.Person, truly splendid.

You're right about the others, though. KaminaSquirtle has also been giving me bad feelings. None of them are quite so bold about claiming that they are helping, however, or stating that this is all going according to plan. You are, so I'm going to lynch you before them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2010, 04:39:40 pm »

Mind coming here Jokerman-exe?, you dropped your vote with little evidence against me and started lurking.

You're joking, right? Little evidence against you? You haven't even answered the accusations beyond admitting that one was true. My vote remains.

Plus it's Thanksgiving. Food > Mafia.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2010, 04:43:38 pm »

Fine, whatever. I don't even care about your stupid attacks anymore, IronyOwl. They make no sense. There's nothing I could possibly do that would appease you because you're scum. You just want to vote me because I have the most votes. If you thought about your attack of not liking my scumhunting style, you'd realize that's how I fucking scumhunt. It's a nulltell. All you've got are nulltells but oh no, you want to go on the lynch wagon. Fuck you.

But seriously, look back at the day. Look at the posting patterns. Look at how many times lemon has posted. Look at how many times Jokerman has posted. Keep your vote on me, fine, but call an extension so that these lurkers will stop lurking. I find it frankly unacceptable to be lynched when Jokerman has not posted at all today. The fact the day's ending on Thanksgiving is also bullshit. Most of the playerbase probably can't even post. In about an hour, I won't be able to post either (not that it matter since the day's ending in 20 minutes.)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:05 pm »

Internet's out due to storms. I can't get the day end post up from my phone, so I'm granting a 24 hour extension. I'll post the end of day at 5pm tomorrow from the library (with the possibility of a second extension).

For future record: if you're going to be busy on the end day, request an extension. That's why I allow for up to two per day.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26