Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376342 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23385 on: May 15, 2023, 01:20:11 pm »

Spent millions of credits on a Vulture and its outfitting.

...And immediately got blown to shit in the first combat encounter with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: May 15, 2023, 04:12:04 pm »

Fall off of a cliff during the tutorial while trying to figure out how to use a magic airplane.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: May 15, 2023, 08:31:37 pm »

Had to ditch two "Kill x ships of y faction" missions because I wasn't sure taking multiples of the same time causes all to progress at the same time. They don't; two "Kill 10 ships" is the same as one "Kill 20 ships."

Generally each fight through a conflict zone yielded at most 3 or 4 kills - annoyingly, enemy ships that jump out don't count, but ones killed by allied ships do if you tag them with at least a few shots first. And that's assuming I don't run into stupid crap like a Federal Corvette or Python. In a low intensity zone, with missions that were labeled Threat Level 1.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: May 19, 2023, 12:29:50 pm »

Decided to man up and play Warhammer: Mechanicus since I like the music for it.  I tend to enjoy Turn Based games, so I put it on Hard and enabled permadeth.... except I didnt

Took on the first boss with my blind builds, a cleric with a poweraxe, a twin shooter CP generator who really surprised me with their effectiveness, and a dodge tank with a brand new 'triple buffed attack mechdendrites' kitout.

Lost both meleers to the boss who was melee oriented but my pistols akimbo guy beat him at the last second.  Was disappointed when both my dead priests came back to life.  I didnt even want the rewards for the boss fight, I was mostly doing it to do it and because I assume killing them is going to have story implications later
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #23389 on: May 19, 2023, 08:46:18 pm »

I fired up Skyrim after a few years since the last time.  After re-learning the controls and clearing out a 100% full inventory, I decided to head toward a nearby quest waypoint.  Along the way, saw a troll patrolling over a bridge with hardly even a stream underneath.  Not a very smart troll.  I figured since I was only level 12, I should get try and level up a bit with some combat, and started firing arrows to get his attention. 
...His first hit was an instant kill that knocked me 100s of feet into the air, spinning like a rag doll. 

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: May 19, 2023, 09:17:05 pm »

Playing hazard 6 in Deep rock Galactic, when though the first couple of rooms and got to like 200/325 morkite but we were low on nitra so moved quickly into the next room in hopes of finding some in the corridor.... none in the corridor and for the next room, the level generation spawned a immense 3D room, so large that wouldn't even render in the far wall. (it was 160 meters from the entrance to the far wall and 40 meters from the entrance to the ground level.) I'm not sure how the game handles nitra but we ran around that room a bit and didn't find any, concluding it probably just spawned a normal amount for a single room, which would make it impossible to find in this room. Meanwhile my friend that I'm with dies and now has like 8+ praetorian and 2-3 oppressor on his body with me only having one clip in each of my guns. I said fuck it and moved onto the next room to look for nitra. No nitra in the corridor and next room was also a gigantic 3D space, not as big as the first but big enough that nitra would be impossible to find. A swarm spawned as I looked around and I eventually died to a grabber.

Sorta wonder if hazard 6 scales nitra, we don't play it often enough for me to have any idea if this is normal or if we just got super unlucky.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: May 20, 2023, 03:22:34 am »

I fired up Skyrim after a few years since the last time.  After re-learning the controls and clearing out a 100% full inventory, I decided to head toward a nearby quest waypoint.  Along the way, saw a troll patrolling over a bridge with hardly even a stream underneath.  Not a very smart troll.  I figured since I was only level 12, I should get try and level up a bit with some combat, and started firing arrows to get his attention. 
...His first hit was an instant kill that knocked me 100s of feet into the air, spinning like a rag doll.

Are you sure it was a troll and not a giant? Trolls in skyrim are slightly larger than a man, giants are, well, giant. And giants, with their clubs, also tend to launch unfortunate people sky high.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #23392 on: May 20, 2023, 06:54:04 am »

Are you sure it was a troll and not a giant? Trolls in skyrim are slightly larger than a man, giants are, well, giant. And giants, with their clubs, also tend to launch unfortunate people sky high.

It must have been a giant then, it was about 4x as tall as me.  I just assumed it was a troll due to it guarding the bridge, and trolls in Valheim being huge like that too.  It was quite a shock to be launched into the air like that in 1 hit.  TGfAutosave

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23393 on: May 20, 2023, 03:25:58 pm »

Definitely a giant then.

Recent death: Brought the boss down to around 20% health, when the protagonist got hit with an impossible-to-dodge, fairly hard-hitting attack that also inflicts confusion. Despite smacking himself in the face to cure himself which was both smart and something I've haven't seen anyone else under confusion do yet, he got mown down almost immediately after that. Had only one character left standing, as the other guy had been downed twice and I wasn't going to use my last revive item on his useless ass.

One big problem with using items is you cannot cancel their use like other abilities, and reviving takes a lot longer compared to other items. Worse, the boss started charging its ultimate attack, specifically timing it to fire right as the protagonist got up. While that didn't take out the protagonist, the free hit it got before I even got control back after its ultimate did. Out of revives and the only character still standing has almost no attack power, no MP, and low health, cue ragequit.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23394 on: May 20, 2023, 05:12:43 pm »

I was the duke of Navarra, vassal to the Umayyad empire. I managed to also get parts of Brittany and was conquering the vikings there one by one. Also, I had one county in southern France.
Then I had one last so, then became incapable and then died, leaving a one-year old child in control, due to Ultimogeniture inheritance.

Then France declared holy war for Navarra. The Umayyad empress decided to not defend it and I could not defend myself from France alone.
Then one of the french dukes claim war on the county in france. The empress decided to fight the war only with half her troops, and even though I tried to help, we were losing. In the middle of this, Lotharingia declared holy war on south-east spain, and the empress just stopped caring about defending me.

Then there was a war on Tyrany against the empress declared. I decided to join, since it appeared we would win.

During this war, I became adult.
Then France declared holy war for one of my provinces in Brittany, and Britain for another one.
France won it's war.
We got to 100% warscore on the Tyranny war, but the rebel leader refused to enforced demands until the British got my province.

And now, I have no army and the british come again with a holy war for my last county.

I was a catholic the whole time and lost all my lands to catholic holy wars.

Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23395 on: May 20, 2023, 10:04:35 pm »

I think it depends on the religion of who the liege is of the land rather than the person who runs the place. Unless some weird shit happened in your game, Christians are alright to be holy warring Muslim held lands.

I also imagine you being Catholic had a lot to do with not being defended by your liege, possibly also being a child too. I’ve not played CKII for a while but there’s usually significant relationship penalties between Muslims and Christians.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23396 on: May 21, 2023, 04:25:07 am »

I know that the religion of the top liege matters for holy wars.

Although, I would expect them to defend their vassals regardless of religion.

I just find it funny that a catholic ruler can lose their catholic land to catholic holy wars.

AFAIK, actual crusades, if successful, grant such rulers independance in these situations. But holy wars do not.
Correction: They are vassalized.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 04:27:04 am by Mathel »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23397 on: May 21, 2023, 08:54:36 am »

They are meant to be vassalized, but I think the entirety of their holdings need to be in the area being holy warred.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23398 on: May 21, 2023, 09:41:36 am »

We'll see. It seems I mistook flags and it's Normandy, not England that has sieged out my last county. (The difference is England has 3 lions and Normandy only 2)

And you were right. When the war ended, I lost my title as Emir (duke) of Navarra, which was obsolete anyway, but I kept the title of Count of Rennes.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23399 on: May 23, 2023, 12:51:40 pm »

Lost a war because the game started ticking my warscore below 0 despite having lost literally no territory.

*Then* it accelerated it because the Netherlands landed in one of my coastal provinces. The defending armies did nothing to defend it, they just went "Ah, hello there Netherlands. Enemies are we? Well, whatever. You want some tea and biscuits?"

Victoria 3
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 1575