Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376233 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23400 on: May 23, 2023, 01:41:05 pm »

In the Rat labyrinth, died dozen of time on the same location despite i knew the correct succession of action to do, but damn fingers not hitting the correct keys due to the stress, not the best controls either (why force to bind up and jump or down and crouch on separate keys, that's not helping me at all on those kind of platforming games :D probably game was designed for joypads )

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23401 on: May 26, 2023, 06:42:53 pm »

Started my first game as Imperial Guard. Had to wait a few turns to even build my first city as I started in the arctic and therefore had poor food output. Then, maybe a dozen turns later, what troops I did have were wiped out by a large swarm of Level 2 Kroot led by a Level 4 Kroot squad.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #23402 on: May 27, 2023, 05:09:11 pm »

While running to check out a rumored stash of treasure at the Crystaldrift cave, I saw some well hewn stairs leading up into the mountain.  "Might as well discover whatever that is so I can fast-travel to it later" was my last thought before some sort of pillar frost blasted me to death in 2 quick shots.  That was no short cut at all...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23403 on: May 27, 2023, 05:20:41 pm »

Started my first game as Imperial Guard. Had to wait a few turns to even build my first city as I started in the arctic and therefore had poor food output. Then, maybe a dozen turns later, what troops I did have were wiped out by a large swarm of Level 2 Kroot led by a Level 4 Kroot squad.

Imperial Guard early game can be hell with the various critters roaming around if you're unlucky and get your start in a very populated area, your starting guardsmen squads have so little armor and weak weapons that you really need to keep them together to survive early turns (they'll only get better after some research improving their armor and laser).

On a recent game, my AI allies had swarms of cultists critters around their base i had to send some troops to give some help .

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23404 on: May 27, 2023, 08:32:21 pm »

Second game with Imperial Guard, ran into an Enslaver right away.

Third game, finished the first objective chapter, only to be sandwiched between the Orkz and Space Marines, while also losing several units to wild beasts because my guardsmen kept Overwatching on them despite the fact that most neutrals will only attack if attacked first(Overwatch fire counts as "attacked first"). I don't even know if you can turn off Overwatch.

Also what's pissing me off about this game is the fact that you can only issue one move order total for a unit per turn. Either you inch your guys one tile per turn(regardless of total movement range) or you force-march them into the black and run into multiple Overwatch attacks from an entire Ork mob. Because that happened.

Failed to crack two asteroids in a row because it was impossible to get the detonation strength in the optimum range. And after the failed detonation, I discovered, at the cost of numerous seismic charges, that you cannot try to crack it again even though there are still fissures on it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23405 on: May 30, 2023, 07:31:36 am »

That big hall with about 15 enemies on second floor of Gray Garrison. All was going mostly fine until three locust swarms (which are hard to even notice in this meatgrinder) went in and obliterated Siila, who was firmly plugging the door to the hall, in 2 rounds or so. ::)

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, second try. It somewhat reminds me of viking DLC for Warband - power fantasy in story, relentless misery in gameplay. MC makes people bow down and kiss the ground by displays of his cutscene power, but in reality he is (unless he also has munchkin power) a pretty mediocre scrub. With a "power" to cast a minor unresistable debuff. And if the game tells me what that debuff even does, i haven't found the place yet. Groovy.

Granted, most of the misery comes from loading screens. They are fairly decent in length, but there is so much of them, that i thought, from far-off memories of first attempt, that my PC just couldn't run the game properly and the screens took three minutes each.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 07:52:00 am by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23406 on: May 31, 2023, 11:22:49 am »

Oh some roman cosplayers assassin squads are hunting me now ? I guess i pissed off their faction enough after killing a bunch of those bastards on the roads.

You guys want to kill me now ? You're going to regret crossing my path !
... famous last words.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #23407 on: June 01, 2023, 07:16:58 am »

I trusted the police.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23408 on: June 04, 2023, 05:17:37 pm »

Run as Robot. I was forgetting to eat spare guns but the run was going well so no foul. Had a grenade shotgun and a wave gun when I got to lil' hunter, which were proving sufficient for wiping out robot enemies.
So lil' hunter drops down, I make a little cubby hole with my hammerhead mutation and take him out quickly with a few shots of my grenade shotgun. Blow myself up in the process, but I have boiling veins so it only knocks me down to half health.
Anyways I step out and a cop hits me with two bullets, ded. And it was going do well!

Nuclear Throne

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23409 on: June 04, 2023, 05:27:36 pm »

Nothing makes me madder than watching a full strength battle ogre in rough, unfungused terrain losing to a stupid mind worm

P:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 07:24:41 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23410 on: June 05, 2023, 02:48:54 pm »

Halfway through a dungeon run, I started charging a fireball at a wraith. Right as I throw it, the wraith charges at me. What should have been an explosion far away from me became an explosion in my face.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23411 on: June 05, 2023, 04:30:53 pm »

Nothing makes me madder than watching a full strength battle ogre in rough, unfungused terrain losing to a stupid mind worm

P:

starting to think this Planet is a little hostile
(But yeah ouch... I sorta hate Battle Ogres for being so useful yet unrepairable.  Certainly unreplaceable.  And mindworms are the most useful yet infuriating force-equalizer)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23412 on: June 07, 2023, 03:23:28 pm »

Cheating fucker snapped 90 degrees the instant he started aiming down sights and riddled me with bullets. Reported, but no guarantee anything will happen.

COD: DMZ
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23413 on: June 09, 2023, 01:40:34 am »

Abassids mostly went Miaphisite (0_o), and Jerusalem has split off from them. Children crusade fires, certain to succeed. But instead of conquering Jerusalem, those retarts decided to hang around in Wales until they starved to death. And i couldn't go capture it myself, cause i had no ships.

Crusader Kings 2
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:14:55 pm by MCreeper »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23414 on: June 09, 2023, 11:35:08 am »

Abassids mostly went Miaphisite (0_o), and Jerusalem has split off from them. Children crusade fires, certain to succeed. But instead of conquering Jerusalem, those retarts decided to hang around in Whales until they starved to death. And i couldn't go capture it myself, cause i had no ships.

Crusader Kings 2
So basically it was historically accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 1575