Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376122 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19905 on: December 30, 2017, 03:06:34 am »

I walked through a door and died instantly. Um, what?

When I revived, I took a single step and died again. Game over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...oh, I think I know what you're talking about. That's the quest to

, right? If so, yeah, I wouldn't tackle that before level 20, higher if you're not comfortable in your ability to survive a moderate chance at completely broken enemies. Remember: when in doubt, ask the Eidolon to send you far, far away instead of respawning on the spot!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19906 on: December 30, 2017, 06:48:57 am »

"Scouts report a massive horde of zed approaching from the south."
"We can take 'em, we held the last horde to hit the south wall after all!"
"RADAR contact! my god thats a lot of zed..."
"All forces abandon the north wall! we need everyone to man the south!"
"Theres too many! *muffled gunfire* ...it they got through the gate!"
"They're in amongst the civilians! we're being overu...*screams & muffled heavy gunfire*"
"The south wall's gone dark, all forces en-route make for the inner defence line!"
"Its too late they breached the inner gate!*nearby gunfire*"
*crunching and groaning from below*
"Damn, all right everyone get to the barricades, don't let them breach the command centre!"
*multiple gunshots, then groaning, screams and static*

The colony has been overrun.

They are Billions
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: December 30, 2017, 07:33:42 am »

They are Billions
Biggest tip for this: While you can make walls stand 2x2 adjacent to each other; this is never enough (on all difficulties in and above 'accessible' difficulty) :P Unless you have firepower that 'pushes' or kills consistently and quickly, the ones attacking the walls.

Best thing to plan: Every 'horde' wave, multiply what you think you got hit by, by 2x the numbers, in predicting the next one. It hits at intervals from 9~ or so days in between as I recall (starting past day 10-12 on Brutal [80 days]).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19908 on: December 30, 2017, 10:07:50 am »

I walked through a door and died instantly. Um, what?

When I revived, I took a single step and died again. Game over.

...oh, I think I know what you're talking about. That's the quest to

, right? If so, yeah, I wouldn't tackle that before level 20, higher if you're not comfortable in your ability to survive a moderate chance at completely broken enemies. Remember: when in doubt, ask the Eidolon to send you far, far away instead of respawning on the spot!
Ayup, that's the one. I wish the journal would list a recommended level, or something. That was a nasty newbie trap :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #19909 on: December 30, 2017, 12:19:42 pm »

Well, now that I've beaten the next dungeon I should be able to go back to the previous one and beat the bonus boss at the end, right?
Wrong.
Even having physical resistance to a boss that, as far as I know, only does physical damage (admittedly its a multi-hit AoE) didn't help at all.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19910 on: December 30, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »

They are Billions
Biggest tip for this: While you can make walls stand 2x2 adjacent to each other; this is never enough (on all difficulties in and above 'accessible' difficulty) :P Unless you have firepower that 'pushes' or kills consistently and quickly, the ones attacking the walls.

Best thing to plan: Every 'horde' wave, multiply what you think you got hit by, by 2x the numbers, in predicting the next one. It hits at intervals from 9~ or so days in between as I recall (starting past day 10-12 on Brutal [80 days]).
My advice would be this: food is the ultimate limiter for your colony.  What you're always going to lack is gold.  You get that from population and gold mines.  Gold ore is often impractical to get, and population buildings can be built anywhere.  But food is common and you'll always want more of it.  In general you don't want or need a huge excess income of wood/stone/metal/oil, you should aim to have just a bit more income than you need so you don't waste any.

In general, try to get more troops than you think you need and less stationary defenses (until the waves come, then quickly build defenses along whichever direction they're coming).  Try to set your base up as a series of small chokepoints, if you have to defend a long area either invest heavily in building a giant well defended wall or use patrolling troops and don't build anything too valuable in that area.  In general try to have all but one entrances to your base be defended with a wall/tower and a couple troops/a ballista.  The undefended entrance should be your most vulnerable one; instead of building walls just station your whole army there killing zombies.  Push out tesla towers until you've reached an area you feel comfortable defending, then clear out all the zombies and build defenses.  Then rinse and repeat somewhere else where there's either a scary horde or resources you want.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: December 30, 2017, 04:22:49 pm »

Reasons not to use the Singularity engine: EMPs and robotic crew members.

SS13
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19912 on: December 31, 2017, 07:58:52 am »

Police car mission to catch a carjacker before they exit the city.

Carjacker spawns right on the highway just before the city exit.
I had forgotten how much this game forces you to bend over before it inserts a cactus.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: January 01, 2018, 12:14:58 am »

Grind-slammed into a corner and torn apart.  Surprise stunlock combo'd until dead.  Counter-attacked (NOT parried) AFTER an attack sequence while attempting to dodge and stun-locked to death.  Stabbed from halfway across the room and stun-locked to death.  And so on, and so on, until I just shut it the fuck off.

Dark Souls III, Abyss Watchers.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19914 on: January 01, 2018, 01:05:28 am »

It’s a lot easier with a phantom to draw aggro for you. If you can end the first phase quick enough, the second becomes pretty easy - wait until the Watcher isn’t tracking you, perform buttstab, repeat.
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: January 01, 2018, 02:09:14 am »

I do not multiplayer.  Most of the time I finish off the first phase without much difficulty, but the second just rips me to pieces over and over again.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:31:50 am by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19916 on: January 01, 2018, 02:44:27 am »

Then try multiplayering. Seriously.

Of course if you meant it's not something you're willing to try then you must forgive me, because I engage in jolly cooperation at every opportunity, and "phantoms" constitutes the entirety of my advice.
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: January 01, 2018, 03:10:24 am »

I know that for the well being of those around me and for the welfare of my possessions that multiplayer is simply something I cannot even be allowed to do.  Hell, just the game has me on the edge of uncontrollable violent action half the time.

I'll manage eventually, most of the problem is actually becoming comfortable enough with the controls to be effective, something that isn't easy with nerve damage.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: January 01, 2018, 03:25:53 am »

Oh, honestly (cooperative) multiplayer really isn’t so bad. There’s always the risk of getting a subpar phantom who leaves you with an HP-buffed boss that you were already having trouble with, but you’re very likely to find someone capable with ease.

I would also be willing to help, assuming you would want to summon me for the boss in question, because I have done the Watchers a ton times now
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: January 01, 2018, 09:07:47 am »

If I turn on Co-op, I turn on invasions; if I turn on invasions I cost myself: property damage, emotional distress of my family members, and probably jail-time for premeditated murder/assault with intent to cause bodily harm (no, this is not an exaggeration, my rage issues run extremely deep and are not something I need outside influences to exacerbate).

No multiplayer.

I'll finish the stupid marionette eventually, but it will still be an agonizing experience that does nothing but make me wonder why the fuck I even bothered trying.

Honestly I don't know why I'm bothering, I hate competition, I don't have anything to prove, and this game is not really mechanically enjoyable on any level to me.  I do like From Software's games generally, find the world and concepts intriguing, and would like to see how the events unfold from my own perspective, but I'm very much starting to wonder if any payoff can be worth this unremitting pain.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:09:58 am by NullForceOmega »

Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1575