Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376206 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19890 on: December 27, 2017, 01:56:28 am »

On the tenth attempt at beating Ornstein and Smough, I decided to adlib the entire fight without any real plan, since I had been attempting to take out Ornstein first so he couldn't use his ranged attacks and it hadn't worked out well at all since I could barely find any opening to attack and Smough kept spamming that stupid golf swing from a million miles away. Amusingly, I did significantly better without any plan than I did with one, and I managed to steadily wear both of them down at the same time. With both of them almost dead, I delivered the final blow to Ornstein, figuring that with him gone, the fight against Smough would be piss easy.

It probably would have been if he hadn't immediately came back with full fucking health in a cutscene (meaning there was nothing I could have done to stop it) now magically becoming powerful enough to oneshot me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:02:41 am by IronTomato »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19891 on: December 27, 2017, 04:18:27 am »

This Capra Demon is going to be one hell of a fight, though.

Hardest? It was probably second easiest, after butterfly (very first boss included. On my first try i somehow missed starting equipment and tryed to beat it to death with a handle  :P Taurus will be third, only because i didn't noticed that you can climb on tower and kill that damn archer)
Beaten him from second or third try. Claymore buffed with thunder + elite knight armor + dark shield = profit. All his attacks are blockable (at least with 13-15 endurance and ring from that jerk you rescue in undead burg. I was forced to kill him for humanity) Probably dogs wasn't hard for me because my super rig can't handle dark souls and everything was slowed down by two times. Gargoyles, on the other hand, was literally impossible to beat without summoning Soler.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:26:23 am by MCreeper »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19892 on: December 27, 2017, 08:43:36 am »

Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)
It'll usually miss you if you keep moving but apparently the jetpack is slower than running. This is the first time I've been killed by this beast.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:00:40 am by Mephisto »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19893 on: December 27, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »

I think they upped the boss difficulty from the original. Balfrog wreckt me. Maybe I did forget he's only vulnerable when his mouth is open(and the subsequent strategy of hammering the Fireball at close range). Actually beating him next try left me with only 1HP. That the entire game's lighting is very dim doesn't help much.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19894 on: December 27, 2017, 07:25:02 pm »

Went up against the Perferator without a missile or laser ship, relying only on my minigun or bigun ships... It didn't even lose 5% health, I lost everything.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19895 on: December 28, 2017, 01:01:08 am »

Not a death really, but it sure killed my desire to play the game today...

I tried to fire-up Tomb Raider: Underworld, and it crashed before it even opened a window. Very odd, it worked fine before... Cue an hour or two of searching online for solutions, messing with the registry, and trying different compatibility settings. I finally found a source that mentioned that the game does not work with the Steam overlay, and suddenly I knew what the problem was.

FYI, TR:U does not play nice with Riva Tuner Statistics Server. For some reason the Steam overlay simply doesn't work, while RTSS crashes the game. All I can figure out is I must not have had RTSS running last time I played TR:U.

Also, I just realized I have no less than 4 OSD/overlay apps installed. One from Steam, one built into Windows, one from Nvidia, and MSI Afterburner via RTSS. Guess which one is the only one I actually use regularly?

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19896 on: December 28, 2017, 02:50:13 pm »

One of my haulers got attacked by a hungry bear.  Noone was near enough to respond in time to save the poor soul but the other hauler got there in time to shoot it with her SMG while the bear was devouring the corpse.  The bear responded by running up to her and ripping her neck off with a single attack from full health.

I retaliated by mortaring the hell out of it.  Fuck bears.

Rimworld
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19897 on: December 28, 2017, 06:10:02 pm »

Just past the clinic, there's two jumps up and down narrow shafts. The up jump,  you have to wait for a descending block, then jump to the side(over spikes), at the right moment to get on top of the block. Too early and you won't get on the block and land on spikes. Too late and you hit the bottom of the block and land on spike(or get crushed). The down jump you have to land on a block going up, fall off at the right moment to land under the block and continue on(before it crushes you), while avoiding spikes. Go too early, you get crushed.

I got crushed, several times.

Right after that, no save point in between, is a boss. Not a particularly hard boss, but I was already hurt. Right as I fired my last sword shot to kill it, one of it's missiles kills me. The sword hit, but I died.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19898 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:44 pm »

Got strangled to death by a unicorn.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19899 on: December 28, 2017, 09:25:32 pm »

Universal Paperclips. Finally got around to finishing it, as reminded by the thread created here.

EDIT: On second thought, reversed the spoilers because spoilers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:31:03 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19900 on: December 29, 2017, 08:31:46 am »

Every single match now, my tanks are always being killed in one hit. And I'm seeing some pretty significant discrepancies between where I see the shots hit and where the killcam shows them to hit. One recent death my Sherman was hit in the turret, with the shell going out the other side, yet the killcam shows it hitting the side(which should not have been possible with the cover I had), and wiping the crew. I'm also seeing absolutely no bullet drop from these shots, some coming from halfway across the map.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19901 on: December 29, 2017, 11:24:31 am »

Screwed up the timing on the really thin Sen's Fortress bridge. Now I've gotta trudge through that whole thing again...

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19902 on: December 29, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »

Got up to 79 days (on a 150 day run, 55% difficulty) before being overwhelmed by a horde that attacked on two fronts... one of those two fronts being a tiny, poorly defended mountain pass. I actually managed to hold them there, but the other half broke through and destroyed my forces.

Still, not bad for a first run.

They Are Billions
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19903 on: December 29, 2017, 05:54:35 pm »

Spoiler: I too (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19904 on: December 29, 2017, 06:39:22 pm »

I walked through a door and died instantly. Um, what?

When I revived, I took a single step and died again. Game over.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1575