Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376198 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19875 on: December 22, 2017, 03:06:53 pm »

Actually tried to help in the Crusades.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, I have conquered Jerusalem, and I'm also planning on conquering Mecca/Medina after British Isles will be united under the banner of de Normandie dynasty! DEUS VULT!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: December 22, 2017, 03:50:19 pm »

What is Deus Vult?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: December 22, 2017, 03:52:43 pm »

'God Wills' in Latin - It's a thing from the crusades.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: December 22, 2017, 03:56:05 pm »

Usually translated as "God wills it."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: December 22, 2017, 10:42:28 pm »

My colony survived 119 days before being overrun by the undead. I probably should have pulled dudes off of their towers earlier and sent them to bolster the defenses in the area that was actually being attacked.

They Are Billions
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: December 24, 2017, 07:07:38 am »

Somehow, a round that looked pretty likely to have gone through a hill, hitting the top of my turret, caused my engine to explode, killing the entire crew.

If it wasn't for the fact that the replay system isn't very good - can't rewind(WHY), and has very limited view options - I'd be able to determine for sure if he shot through terrain. At the very least, he had his graphics settings minimized to remove grass.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19881 on: December 24, 2017, 09:44:58 pm »

Most replay systems remember everyone’s inputs and then “play” the game.  Guess they couldn’t figure out how to play their game in reverse.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: December 25, 2017, 09:29:52 am »

Apparently, running out of stamina while frantically trying to bash in the face of a giant spider is counted as "suicide".

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: December 25, 2017, 03:04:48 pm »

Tried to switch over from Nexus Mod Manager to Mod Organizer.  Instead broke everything, seemingly irreversibly.   Not only do the saves seem to be completely broken (t-poses, npcs seemingly lost their AIS, animations not playing), even in new games characters are getting massive texture errors on their bodies, (may or may not have had to do with me hand modifying CBBE textures to be 'clean' after failing to find a clean version, not 100% certain, but it worked before the move), and apparently FNIS a program that allows custom killmove animations and such just straight up does not work with Mod organizer, despite mod organizer saying otherwise.

Welp so much for those saves.  Here's hoping a full 100% reinstall at least gets vanilla working again.

Skyrim Modding
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: December 25, 2017, 05:58:33 pm »

A stupid bullshit death led me to discover that rawhide bedrolls are destroyed when you respawn on it - unsure if bug or not but the plant bedroll I had at first did not. A such, I had ended up in the desert at the beginning of the game, about halfway across the very large game map from my home.

Not wanting to give a shit any longer, I opened the admin tools to try and teleport home. This resulted in numerous deaths from teleporting against a wall, only to fall straight down and die after a 5-foot drop. You can handle massive beasts with your PURE BARBARIAN RAAAAAGGEE!, but a trip and fall is entirely lethal.

At one point, I screwed up the teleport so badly that I ended up on the right-hand side of the map border, so high up in the air I was getting frostbitten. ...Then I noticed that I was getting warmer.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: December 25, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »

Both kinds of bed rolls are supposed to be consumed when used. That is one of the benefits of building a proper bed (although a bed roll can be placed temporarily and then be picked back up, while beds are only good for bases).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: December 26, 2017, 12:32:40 am »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: December 26, 2017, 07:30:08 pm »

I tried to kill the dogs first, but I didn't even see them until it was too late.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19888 on: December 26, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »

There's actually a hidden bonfire near the Moonlight Butterfly near the big sealed door. As for the Capra Demon, I'd rank it among the hardest fights in the vanilla game. There are a few other contenders, but no other boss fight combines both super cramped quarters and multiple enemies
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: December 26, 2017, 09:08:13 pm »

Trying to go for a Suit-Only challenge(meaning, you never pick up a disguise). However, in no way was I able to reach the second target without getting spotted without one, since some guy strapped to a chair with tubes of glowing blue shit going into was a guard and thus able to spot me. Worse, reloading from what appears to be the only checkpoint in the level means I have to wait several minutes for the first target to reach the spot I could make his death look like an accident.

Needless to say, I garroted a guard and took his stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1575