Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376861 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18780 on: February 26, 2017, 05:29:25 am »

I have, and they did. I met them first in the base game though so it wasn't a total surprise.

That poison hurts though, holy shit. I think the Geckos give poison too with the spray attack.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18781 on: February 26, 2017, 07:02:38 am »

"Hey, Sentient Bowtie. You almost done with that tricky Crystal Sage? He's a real doozy at first... Oh, what's this? Your FPS is a little subpar... Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you to get that fixed before you can play online again. Here, let me kick you to the main menu first. I know you were in the middle of a boss fight, and he was almost dead. But your FPS, buddy."

I'm so fucking mad.

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #18782 on: February 26, 2017, 07:30:36 am »

I have, and they did. I met them first in the base game though so it wasn't a total surprise.

That poison hurts though, holy shit. I think the Geckos give poison too with the spray attack.

Are you sure that Giant Cazadores in the base game? Giant Cazadores appear only in Honest Hearts DLC, according to wiki. Standard Cazadores are still a pain in the ass, it's just that Giant variety can (and will) kill you in 2-3 hits.

And yea, Green Geckos are poisonous and deal huge damage.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18783 on: February 26, 2017, 07:44:38 am »

Ah, probably wasn't the giant variety then. I just remembered Cazadores.

The Yao Guai are built up as one of the big threats of the DLC (at least Follows-Chalk never shut up about them) but they're the least dangerous critters, besides the ants. They're big, easy to spot, don't have poison and don't have any ranged attack. With decent Guns skill and a riot shotgun you can just VATS until their head pops off, even the giant ones.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18784 on: February 26, 2017, 07:47:36 am »

Even She?
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18785 on: February 26, 2017, 08:08:06 am »

Hunting for survivalist caches when suddenly, giant Yao Guai! The anti-material rifle missed several times in quick succession, and the Yao Guai just ate my health bar like it was nothing.

Time once again for an important GNR public service announcement: Don't feed the Yao Guai. That is all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18786 on: February 26, 2017, 08:21:27 am »

Even She?

She was kind of a pain but Waking Cloud kited her long enough for me to get some deeps. I wasn't using the shotgun then though, I was still using a plasma rifle which has higher VATS cost for less damage per shot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18787 on: February 26, 2017, 08:44:25 am »

>Waking Cloud

>Not dying in three hits

What sorcery is this?
Black lives matter.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18788 on: February 26, 2017, 06:01:38 pm »

You can destroy all the crusading armies and the crusade will end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18789 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:52 pm »

Usually that happens when you win a war. :P
Black lives matter.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #18790 on: February 26, 2017, 09:13:44 pm »

Alternatively, give one of them Jerusalem before they arrive. Then, take the city back immediately!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18791 on: February 26, 2017, 09:19:10 pm »

So I took a look at the Fire Emblem GBA games (starting with the one simply titled Fire Emblem) and I got Fiorina (the very first peg knight) killed in the same mission I recruited her - I misjudged what the enemy AI was going to do and kept forgetting that units can attack other units as long as they're right next to each other - even one if on a wall and another is not.

Lyn's reaction tricked me into thinking I was being given a pass just that once, but suddenly the winged horse and its rider disappeared from the map.

Feels bad, man. Also, thank God for the reset chapter ability.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18792 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:56 pm »

Fire Emblem is unforgiving in that respect. I strongly recommend resetting if anybody dies; you're not getting them back (unless you're playing FE1/3, Gaiden, or Genealogy, but that's a different story.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18793 on: February 26, 2017, 10:18:08 pm »

Actually, if I recall properly, FE7 (the one being played) has a particular feature with Lyn's story where deaths in that mode are not completely permanent.  While you cannot use them for the remainder of Lyn's story, when you move on to the next story, any characters you lose do recover.  They lose all their experience from Lyn's story, though, and it's also a bad habit to get into once deaths do become 100% permanent in later stories, so I'd strongly recommend avoiding any sacrifice gambits.  The exception, of course, is also Lyn herself; if she dies, it's game over. 

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18794 on: February 26, 2017, 10:31:03 pm »

Fire Emblem is unforgiving in that respect. I strongly recommend resetting if anybody dies; you're not getting them back (unless you're playing FE1/3, Gaiden, or Genealogy, but that's a different story.)
Hardmode: making sure nobody dies even in games where dying isn't actually a penalty at all, like 13 or 14.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 1575