Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376816 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18765 on: February 24, 2017, 01:59:05 pm »

You still land in escape pods with the modpack, but it also spawns crashed pieces of ship around the map. They give some extra construction materials when disassembled. One of the pieces fell on one of the sealed ruins that happened to have mechanoids inside.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »

You still land in escape pods with the modpack, but it also spawns crashed pieces of ship around the map. They give some extra construction materials when disassembled. One of the pieces fell on one of the sealed ruins that happened to have mechanoids inside.

This absolutely explains how I suddenly, and rather inexplicably, lost one of my more promising start up colonies to a sudden swarm of shoggoths.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: February 24, 2017, 02:24:24 pm »

I started a new creative mode game to test the PRAWN suit. Spent a good half hour building a minimal base (so I could make the suit upgrades I wanted) and stomping around the safe shallows.

"Wait, how do you die in creative mode?"

Well, I walked/flew to the grassy plateau biome, then decided to see how high I could jump on thrusters. As it turns out, quite high. Unfortunately when I fell back down the game missed detecting the suit hitting the ground so I fell right through. Falling forever into an infinite sea of pitch black water counts as dieing, right?

Subnautica.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: February 24, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »

Robin and her crew keep kicking my ass.

By "kicking my ass" I specifically mean "damaging my Takumi and separating him from the rest of the team..."

I'm probably doing the wrong setup- I've got Takumi (Bow), Selena (Sword), Beruka (Axe), and Cordelia (Spear).

I don't have any units that are specifically anti-mage (I think).

Fire Emblem: Heroes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:26 pm »

The wildlife is surprisingly sneaky and OP. A Giant Gekko snuck up on me while I was fighting a White Legs and that was that.

Fallout: New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

It's better than Dead Money, but so is having your fingers slammed in a car door. I don't care much for tribals in Fallout, just like any fictional tribal culture, but it's alright I guess.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: February 25, 2017, 02:09:34 am »

I last died by repeatedly smashing myself into spikes, in order to try to get a trophy. I ended up giving in to my frustration, and just alt-f4-ing. I love that game, but damn, it can be soooooo frustrating.

VVVVVV

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: February 25, 2017, 02:49:18 am »

Something about ultra-hard platformers is especially frustrating, compared to ultra-hard variations of other genres. It's like "I can see it! It's right there! Why can't I just do it!?"

Because my laptop was hooked up to the TV and I didn't feel like moving it, I decided to try Touhou with a controller on the big screen. Mountain of Faith felt the best.

Analog stick being converted into rigid eight-way movement was pretty awful, but you move so quickly in MoF that it's hard to notice. I'll have to try Joy2Key since none of the TH games recognize the d-pad on either of my controllers. It's... surprisingly not that bad. The lack of precision is a major killer but could probably be adjusted to. It was also pretty novel playing Touhou laid-back on the couch instead of hunched over at my desk.

Nitori Kawashiro was where it really broke down, you have to be able to move quickly and precisely to deal with Ooze Flooding and Kappa's Pororoca. Analog stick does not provide that. And Stage 4 of MoF is a bastard, even when you aren't hobbled by a controller.

TH10: Mountain of Faith.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:05:49 am by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: February 25, 2017, 10:05:18 am »

The lack of precision is a major killer but could probably be adjusted to.
you have to be able to move quickly and precisely... Analog stick does not provide that.
Stage 4 of MoF is a bastard, even when you aren't hobbled by a controller.

PC Master Race, amirite? (not that mine is exactly a gaming rig...)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: February 25, 2017, 11:09:49 am »

Falling forever into an infinite sea of pitch black water counts as dieing, right?

Subnautica.

Yea that counts as dying.  Well unless you would have got lucky and fell through the ceiling of [redacted].  But if you just spawned the suit to play around with it in shallow water.  You probably didn't bother to upgrade it's crush depth enough to survive it, and you likely would not have been able to get back out without a cyclops.  Or at least a grapple arm.

Coincidentally I am now terrified to use my prawn suit in subnautica because what you described is exactly my worst fucking nightmare in that game.  I am so terrified of open water that the edges of my longplay map are completely unexplored because even the thought of the void zones terrifies me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: February 25, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »

Made a wrong turn in Vivec's Sewers and got ganged by a bunch of angry Daedra worshippers. Not even the ancient art of "drink all the potions while the time is paused" could save me from their stupidly high-damaging attacks.

Morrowind.
._.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: February 25, 2017, 04:26:35 pm »

Not even the ancient art of "drink all the potions while the time is paused" could save me from their stupidly high-damaging attacks.

That's just because you don't have any potions of Recall. Potions of Recall are the ultimate panic button.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »

Performing some jolly cooperation (unfortunately without any gross incandescence, since I don't have a covenant yet) when we got invaded. The guy had good stamina, and I did not - so I forgot turtling only works well when you can deflect or weather the enemy's hits, got shieldbroken, and failed in my quest.

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: February 26, 2017, 01:47:42 am »

I am having difficulty putting a build together around the whip. It has range, but no speed and no damage. I would throw my hands up in frustration if the rolling R1 wasn't one of the best snap attacks in the game.

DSIII
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: February 26, 2017, 01:53:48 am »

Hunting for survivalist caches when suddenly, giant Yao Guai! The anti-material rifle missed several times in quick succession, and the Yao Guai just ate my health bar like it was nothing. I used a Super Stimpack, then the next hit took that away and then some. I died before I realized I was low on health.

Kinda wishing I'd made room for the rocket launcher or gatling laser. The power armor doesn't seem to be making much difference against the critters anyway.

FONV, Honest Hearts.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #18779 on: February 26, 2017, 03:24:22 am »

@ itisnotlogical - Just wait until you meet Giant Cazadores, they will murder the shit out of you.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 1575