Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376852 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18795 on: February 27, 2017, 01:11:39 am »

Fire Emblem is unforgiving in that respect. I strongly recommend resetting if anybody dies; you're not getting them back (unless you're playing FE1/3, Gaiden, or Genealogy, but that's a different story.)
Hardmode: making sure nobody dies even in games where dying isn't actually a penalty at all, like 13 or 14.

I don't know the Fire Emblem games by number - which ones are those again?

Also, transparent text is transparent.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: February 27, 2017, 06:04:09 am »

Awakening and Fates, respectively.

Death is still a penalty, just not as bad as you might think given that there's no enforced permadeath.

Imagine if FE saved after every character death. How fucked would you be by endgame?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: February 27, 2017, 06:51:52 am »

Fire Emblem is unforgiving in that respect. I strongly recommend resetting if anybody dies; you're not getting them back (unless you're playing FE1/3, Gaiden, or Genealogy, but that's a different story.)
Hardmode: making sure nobody dies even in games where dying isn't actually a penalty at all, like 13 or 14.
Well, it's only not a penalty if you turn on Casual. Or Phoenix mode but then you're less playing a game more reading a visual novel.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: February 27, 2017, 07:26:43 am »

It still counts as being in the game.
Black lives matter.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: February 27, 2017, 07:38:22 am »

Attempted the dancer at SL 49 with a bog standard knight wielding the uchigatana. Took a third of her HP before failing to dodge properly and got two-shot. This is going to take a while methinks, but at this point, fucking about with builds and doing things out of order is probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

DS3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: February 27, 2017, 07:47:36 am »

Imagine if FE saved after every character death. How fucked would you be by endgame?

It did every turn in seven, at least.
(u could still restart the chapter tho)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: February 27, 2017, 07:58:23 am »

Attempted the dancer at SL 49 with a bog standard knight wielding the uchigatana. Took a third of her HP before failing to dodge properly and got two-shot. This is going to take a while methinks, but at this point, fucking about with builds and doing things out of order is probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

DS3

if they haven't patched it out yet (and you haven't killed that weird ice knight dude), you can summon chaos sword man, then let dancer kill him, quit to the main menu, summon him again, and it breaks his hitbox so she can't hurt him. fun little exploit (assuming it still works), but it's faster to just git gud and kill her normally

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: February 27, 2017, 08:29:40 am »

I know of that one, and nah, more satisfying to do it myself (besides I'm up to AW as far as main story progress goes so that's a no-go), not doing it to beat her, I know I can do that, I'm doing it to beat her in a specific way, namely while being grossly underleveled and underequipped.
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: February 27, 2017, 11:08:45 am »

Poland can out of space.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18805 on: February 28, 2017, 12:55:49 am »

Me: "Shotgun's a good weapon for Sledge."

Immediately lose track of where I am on map and sledgehammer a wall infront of a long hallway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: February 28, 2017, 01:43:50 am »

Who needs guns when you can SLEDGE?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:09 am »

Navigating around Zion got old as soon as I actually had to find something. Thinking back to Skyrim and Fallout 3, I decided that I could make it down a cliff at the Southern Passage if I could make it several short hops instead of a big fall.

Well, I slid off the first landing point and fell the rest of the distance straight into the river. You'd think power armor would have some provision for fall damage.

FONV: Honest Hearts.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:51 pm »

So the game starts of nicely enough, everyone has some decent prices on t1 units and it's a fun little back and forth, this continues into the mid game where we get a bit of an advantage which carries over into the lategame. At that point they do a bit of a comeback after losing their cannon but it's still a very slow grindfest of massive amounts of units dying constantly. We have this one guy tho who's refusing to end and keeps talking about not wanting to surrender (ending basically turns on sudden death with a single final wave, it's not surrendering), this same guy also still has some shitty unpgraded t1 units whose only function seems to be to die instantly the moment they come into contact with the enemy. When finally, after an hour of play the end command requirement drops low enough that we don't need his vote he starts talking nonsense about how he's good and carrying with a handful of units (he isn't, I've got about four times as many kills) and throws a tantrum and sells all his spawners, gutting our AA production and losing us the game shortly after.

This was one of those moments where an online throat punching service was something I wanted very very badly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:59 pm »

Trying to invade when you suck at PvP is fun. Especially since the game prioritizes hosts with a phantom summoned.

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 1575