Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376881 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18810 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:55 pm »

If all else fails, work on your spacing and acquire the cancerous curved sword of your choice. Or a katana. DS3 PVP is mostly spacing.

Estoc turtle is really strong when lag means your estoc's hitbox is the size of Swaziland. I need to step up my menu-swap game, sometimes flip spear just doesn't cut it.

E: Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:18:21 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18811 on: March 01, 2017, 03:05:29 pm »

Nope. I refuse to fall prey to meta. Claymore all the way.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18812 on: March 01, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »

DS3 PVP is mostly one invader vs a coward and an infinite number of phantoms.

FTFY
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18813 on: March 01, 2017, 04:41:00 pm »

Was your castle damaged from a previous fight?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #18814 on: March 01, 2017, 05:17:11 pm »

I climbed down the edge of the mountain, spied a small robot walking around, decided to break in my new bow. I pulled out a metal arrow, took aim at the giant obvious vulnerable point on his back, and released the string. My arrow knocked the part from the watcher's back it screamed in pain, but to my dismay I saw that shy of half it's health had been lost, and now it was angry. The machine began firing some sort of laser weapon at me, it hurt! I let fly several more precious arrows, desperate to bring the beast down. Each arrow did far less damage than the first, but eventually the bot fell, and I leaped down from my rock to harvest whatever prizes I could from it's corpse. Before I could get a good look at my bounty, something hit me from behind, and I fell, hard. It was another watcher, which had apparently been alerted by the screams from the first. I clumsily struggled to dodge it's kicks while haphazardly plinging arrows in it's general direction, but before I could do much harm to it, a laser struck me from a third watcher I had not yet seen. I turned to flee, despondent that I had expended so many arrows without even claiming my prizes from the one I managed to kill, but now both surviving watchers were shooting at me with ranged attacks. I only managed to run a few steps before my life bar emptied and I fell once more. This time, everything went black.

I awoke next to a campfire, back at the top of the hill. I got my bearings and headed back to where I had died, already considering new strategies to improve my chances against this mechanical foe. A few short hours later, I was sniping watchers with a single shot, crawling through grass, laying tripwires and explosive traps, luring in machines five times bigger than the watchers and dispatching them with a single spear-strike.

Horizon, Zero Dawn

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18815 on: March 01, 2017, 07:57:34 pm »

Usually when the spy thing happens you'll hear a voice saying something about treachery at the beginning of the battle. It also doesn't let you deploy forces pre-battle for those battles.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18816 on: March 01, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »

Dorcas died, and asked Natalie for forgiveness for his failure as a mercenary.

I restarted.

Erk died, and he commented to his teacher (I can't remember his name) that he wasn't such a good student after all.

I restarted.

Matthew almost died, but I was able to get him in Serra's range just in time.

I'm playing on the level and seeing if I'll have to restart yet again.

EDIT: I overextended Matthew after trying to get him to run from someone who'd slipped behind my forces.

He died to the chapter boss, Erik. He said someone's name.

I'm not going to restart yet again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DOUBLE EDIT: Bartre and Serra got taken down - I WILL be restarting the chapter after all...

TRIPLE EDIT: Dorcas got taken down, but I completed the chapter and have no desire to try it again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:00:15 pm by AzyWng »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18817 on: March 02, 2017, 01:29:02 am »

Not a literal death, but as close as you get in most Harvest Moon games (well, short of throwing a level 100 poisonous toadstool in the village potluck or something): I underestimated just how much stamina you lose with early game tools and drained it down to nothing.  I lost half my stamina just with three hits of an axe aimed at three branches stacked on top of each other, so I suspect there was a multiplier effect as well, and I was also on veteran mode which uses the default stamina reduction, but even so, it was quite surprising.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18818 on: March 02, 2017, 11:29:38 am »

L4D2 with some people who haven't played before. They are not very good at it, and I spend most of my time frantically covering them as they charge ahead one at a time. Advice is of course resoundingly ignored. I got hit by plenty of molotovs and we all died to a Boomer swarm. Difficulty goes to Easy and no more fun is had.

L4D2
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18819 on: March 02, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »

Holy balls is Super Challenge Mode difficult. I took eight damage in a single room and died three rooms into the second floor.

Enter the Gungeon

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18820 on: March 02, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »

L4D2 with some people who haven't played a single FPS before.

FTFY

My own death:

I'm on the level where you meet (and fight) the pirates. I tried going around the veritable shoulder-to-shoulder wall of pirates down into a side path, but suddenly a group of assassins blew my strategy out of the water like a ship's cannon shooting a shark.

By that I mean I overextended and Eli(wood) was put down to a single point of health. Or maybe that was Lyn - in any case, I'm gonna have to restart the chapter.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18821 on: March 02, 2017, 09:46:37 pm »

My game is not going well. So far, I've managed to keep some soldiers alive for a full three missions in a row before they reach their inevitable end. I've had several full squad wipes that forced me to reload to avoid losing the game due to unpopularity (notably, I had a mission where I lost all but one soldier by the beginning of turn 2 due to killing an unexpectedly explosive flying saucer-shaped alien right next to my dropship).

I'm also currently playing the easiest setting. I have no idea how people play any of the harder settings.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18822 on: March 02, 2017, 10:52:11 pm »

Don't lose hope.

Remember that you're on Bay12 - learning to survive and thrive in spite of difficulties like yours....

Well, it's as inevitable as life, death, and taxes.

Note that XCOM actually has a number of bugs in it, and you might need to look up some mods/fan-made patches before you can get the game to work without problems like "Funky fire" and "Paying for dirt".

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18823 on: March 03, 2017, 03:11:21 am »

My time with Xcom was vastly improved when I started savescumming like a weenie the instant anything went majorly wrong.

Caution serves you well. Use smoke grenades whenever you can't have cover. Keep plenty of flares in the Skyranger. Stack up your guys and have one face check before going around a corner or opening a door. Don't slack on building weapons because mutons will come and you will not be ready.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18824 on: March 03, 2017, 06:31:35 am »

Started playing, still trying to figure out how to get stone(just hitting random rocks with my rock didn't work). I get spotted by two naked dudes, one with a spear, another with a bow. I run like hell, but take an arrow to the neck. I get pretty far before collapsing and dying from bloodloss.

Decided to hunt a wolf for meat. I manage one hit in the face with my rock, and it rips my throat out in two.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1575