Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372700 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15285 on: August 25, 2015, 06:58:39 pm »

I thought this game was an Action Platformer with RPG and Roguelike elements.

I did not think it was a bullet-hell. I died many, many, many times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AhahahAHAHAHAHAHAH
I'm now having the same problem with Alexander. Alexander himself isn't hard to dodge, I could deal with just him; but he spawns so many minions I haven't even managed to bring down 1/4 of his health, let alone kill him.

Yeah, you've gotta be able to either one hit the minions or hit ALL the minions at once[With Crowstorm or maybe Conflux]. Or have an uber-defense ability like Time Stop or something and the mana to sustain it for the whole fight.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: August 25, 2015, 07:51:15 pm »

Weird, I don't remember Alexander summoning minions, but I never figured out how to dodge some of his attacks reliably.  I haven't played for a few months, though, and was able to tank the damage as a barbarian queen.
(Lesbian too, which... pretty sure they considered that for the credits scene)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: August 25, 2015, 07:57:28 pm »

He does. Many, many minions. Which, thankfully, can be used to restore your health and mana if you have a few Balance runes, or are a Spellblade.

Which is actually how I beat him about 5 hours after writing that post. A Spellblade with a bunch of Balance and Vampirism- and one Sky- runes, and that Fire-barrier spell. Now to go through another 15 generations getting to the boss room of the Maya  :P .
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: August 26, 2015, 01:46:54 am »

I loaded Minecraft for the first time in a while and created a hardcore world. I was peacefully punching some trees when a flaming zombie hit me and set me on fire. I sprinted to look for a water source, only to go directly off a cliff. Shortest hardcore game ever.

Minecraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: August 26, 2015, 02:40:05 am »

Oh, it was a glorious charge. A sapper blew up the final portion of the wall, giving us cover with the gunpowder smoke. We charged through, bayonets glistening with the blood of the Russian scum. The Tzarists had formed a firing line which cut down twenty of us, we returned fire at point-blank and went in. We died in droves, but Providence protected me and I found myself standing alone, victorious, surrounded by corpses and opening the gates of the fort to the rest of our troops outside.

...and then some idiot killed me with a cannonball. I say idiot because it was friendly fire. Damn those artillery cowards.

M&B: Napoleonic Wars. 

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: August 26, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »

An absolute flood of Biters from a couple nearby nests overwhelmed the turrets I had positioned to kill them and them proceeded to tear me to shreds. Damn stone bricks take too long to make(never mind that there was too much space to wall of in the first place) :(

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: August 27, 2015, 03:18:11 am »

I FINALLY BEAT THE TAUROS DEMON. The trick is to not be afraid and not worry about precision. Not sure how I did it in one try after having not played for over two months, but there it is.

I died pretty soon after though. Just for kicks, I tried to shoot the dragon over the bridge that leads to the Undead Parish. Turns out he has no qualms about roasting you again (I didn't even see it coming the first time).

And that big armored guy that gave me so much trouble in Undead Burgh when I first got the game? Turns out there's more of him. I thought he was a mysterious unique guy, but nope he's just a dude.

Dark Souls. I kinda wish I was playing the console version since my computer kinda chokes on it, but beggars choosers etc. etc.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: August 27, 2015, 11:13:51 am »

And that big armored guy that gave me so much trouble in Undead Burgh when I first got the game? Turns out there's more of him. I thought he was a mysterious unique guy, but nope he's just a dude.
Assuming you're talking about the guy guarding the blue tearstone ring, they're not quite just dudes. Note the lack of respawning. (Unless we're talking about different guys.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: August 27, 2015, 02:48:09 pm »

I FINALLY BEAT THE TAUROS DEMON. The trick is to not be afraid and not worry about precision. Not sure how I did it in one try after having not played for over two months, but there it is.

I died pretty soon after though. Just for kicks, I tried to shoot the dragon over the bridge that leads to the Undead Parish. Turns out he has no qualms about roasting you again (I didn't even see it coming the first time).

Dark Souls. I kinda wish I was playing the console version since my computer kinda chokes on it, but beggars choosers etc. etc.
Black Knights are tough and strong, but they have a small chance to drop unique items. I got a Black Knight Shield off the first one I killed, which is a fantastic shield - it's resistant to everything except magic.

The one in Undead Burgh has a 20% chance to drop his Black Knight Sword, and a 5% chance to drop his Black Knight Shield. If you're quick at dodge rolling, you can backstab them relatively easy, or if you're playing a Pyromancer, you can soften him up from afar with fireballs.

However: Unlike most enemies, Black Knights will pursue you long distances even when you think you've gotten away, and are not reset by bonfire rests. Be very cautious if you encounter one and can't defeat it.

Also, Taurus demon is good fun - he's absurdly weak to Lightning damage, and one of the chests in Undead Burgh lets you temporarily enchant lightning damage onto your weapon. Pine Resin i think?

Lastly, here's the resistances on the Black Knight shield: 100/25/95/65. You totally resist physical damage if blocking, only 25% resist normal magic damage, 95% resist fire damage, and 65% resist lightning damage. Downside is you need quite a high strength to wield it properly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:50:01 pm by Reudh »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »

Gold Pine Resin, specifically. There's a few Pine Resins that apply different effects.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: August 27, 2015, 08:13:03 pm »

Yeah, I ended up wasting those on a previous failed attempt. :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:11 am »

Ultimate mode. I walk no farther than 50km, where I get stoned by an imp for 74/110 damage.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: August 28, 2015, 10:19:11 am »

Ultimate mode. I walk no farther than 50km, where I get stoned by an imp for 74/110 damage.

...Waaaait, there's the + VERSION!?
Ooooo... ._.;

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: August 28, 2015, 11:14:17 am »

AWH
MORE THINGS TO BUY
D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: August 28, 2015, 05:16:37 pm »

Not knowing what the hell I was doing, I got a quest to kill some bears. After a few awkward turns of trying to load some hunters onto a  caravel(you don't, ground troops transform into a boat - there was little that suggested this), I finally get them across the channel to start attacking the bears... only for them to be waylaid by wild snakes and a kraken. I'm not sure how much health they have, the kraken pulled them under on the second attack.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1575