Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372485 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15315 on: September 02, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »

Ah, yes. I have experienced that glitch too. You can escape it by jumping before/during the trolley derails.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That didn't work - you can't jump during that segment anyway. I've seen responses saying to never crouch at all from some point starting at the end the previous level or lowering the graphics resolution. Screw that, I'm uninstalling this. Seriously, when you make a game, finish it. Don't leave the game impossible to complete.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: September 02, 2015, 06:27:38 pm »

I had already crushed two enemies in this free for all of naval warfare, and now it was time to bring the third one down, and this game to a close. I was already at the pinnacle of might with two near fully upgraded Battleships, which were the biggest and most expensive ships available, each singlehandedly capable of wiping out the enemy's remaining forces.

But I decided to do something different. I maxed out my remaining pilot slots building a bunch of Shiry class fighters, deciding it would be more entertaining to zerg rush and cherry tap the remaining computer opponent. After a somewhat lengthy building process (as even fully upgraded shipyards and Mother Ships take a while to churn out units) I had a total of 63 squadrons of fighters to send at the enemy.

I select then all, bind them to a control group, and start moving them to the enemy. Once in range, I right click a particularly vulnerable target. And the game promptly crashes.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: September 02, 2015, 06:32:26 pm »

Four inkstrikes were coordinated on me to coral me into a corner that had an ink mine and splat bomb on it. Jesus christ guys what did I do to you.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: September 02, 2015, 06:33:27 pm »

was exploring in elite dangerous and ran smack into a trinary star system where they were 5ls apart and well overheated and exploded before i could get out

swagdaddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: September 02, 2015, 08:02:38 pm »

Crash my car while chasing a limo, then get run over trying to hijack a new one.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: September 02, 2015, 08:30:22 pm »

That didn't work - you can't jump during that segment anyway. I've seen responses saying to never crouch at all from some point starting at the end the previous level or lowering the graphics resolution. Screw that, I'm uninstalling this. Seriously, when you make a game, finish it. Don't leave the game impossible to complete.

To be fair, a lot of other people seem to have finished the game just fine. However if you're one of the unlucky few with a hardware combination that the game hates, there's not much you can do about it. I guess they didn't check enough combinations or something.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: September 02, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »

Same reason as any other real problem in life: too many ninjas.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:27 pm »

Playing the co-op campaign with my brother, on a mission where one of the objectives was to destroy several huge spider-robot things that I can't remember the name of. We had a flying machine in our possession, so our plan was to have my brother shoot the legs of the machine and drop me on top so I could take it out, then have my brother pick me up and fly me away before it exploded so we could quickly go and get the next ones. We tried this plan, and it seemed to work very well at first, until I busted the power core and went to where my brother was supposed to be. He wasn't there. Apparently he hadn't remembered our plan or something, because he had flown off without me and gone to fight other enemies. My brother quietly apologized while the mech exploded loudly, killing me.

Halo 3

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:24 am »

Playing co-op with my brother, on The Ark where one of the objectives was to destroy several scarabs. We had a hornet in our possession, so our plan was to have my brother shoot the legs of the scarab and drop me on top so I could take it out, then have my brother pick me up and fly me away before it exploded so we could quickly go and get the next one. We tried this plan, and it seemed to work very well at first, until I busted the power core and went to where my brother was supposed to be. He wasn't there. Apparently he hadn't remembered our plan or something, because he had flown off without me and gone to fight other enemies. My brother quietly apologized while the scarab exploded loudly, killing me.

Halo 3

FTFY, you glorious halo-illiterate!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: September 03, 2015, 12:48:42 am »

I remember when I once tried to skip the leg shooting part and just jump off of the hornet and go for the core directly. After many, MANY failures, I finally managed to overcome the wonky physics and stay on the machine, I then got to the core and left the doomed veichle with satisfaction.

NEVER AGAIN though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: September 03, 2015, 02:51:50 am »

th-
that's how i've done it literally every time
Or you can just kill it with the hornet. Not very hard.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: September 03, 2015, 07:43:56 am »

...Is it hard to stay on the Scarab?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: September 03, 2015, 10:08:03 am »

...Is it hard to stay on the Scarab?
I don't remember it being hard. Maybe if you are trying to get a vehicle to stay on it. Otherwise physics are just as normal as they normally are. You don't even really need to shoot the legs. If you aren't concerned about loosing your hornet, you can just jump out of it while above the scarab.
You want a difficult way to take out a scarab? Mongooses. I think you can use them on each level a scarab apppears. For sure on the Ark and The Storm. On the Storm it is easy, you just have to wait for the scarab to appear right in front of that huge crane. On the Ark, there is a very specific jump you have to make on one of those hills. Only ever done it once.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: September 03, 2015, 01:50:03 pm »

I picked up and threw a turret, which didn't seem to care or even really notice. However, when I threw a cardboard box at it, it instantly swung around and killed me. I let it kill me, since I had accidentally tossed it into a rather inconvenient place in the hallway where it was not easily retrievable.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: September 03, 2015, 05:11:43 pm »

Tried to be clever.  Was gonna take a ride on a container.  Failed to hang onto the thing, fell to my doom.

MGSV:TPP
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1575