Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372779 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15255 on: August 13, 2015, 08:14:45 pm »

I don't think I've ever gotten past E4M2 in any version of Doom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: August 16, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »

I think this screenshot is pretty self-explanatory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The game physics got really slow because of all the bullets. But I'm impressed that there was literally 0 lag, it was completely smooth.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: August 16, 2015, 02:24:27 pm »

We got through our first contract (against bandits) while only loosing 1 person (unfortunately a founding member). Strapped for cash and isolated we accepted the first contract we could find. We were to clear out a hideout that was considered challenging. I get there and am informed it is occupied by some young orcs. I mean we could win and some casualties means less upkeep.

We slaughter 3 of 6 orcs but on turn 5 half of my band dies in a row. On turn 6 everyone but 1 guy is dead. On turn 9 an orc catches the fleeing brother and decapitates him.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: August 16, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

I spawned as a Geneticist, gave myself a couple mostly cosmetic powers and then wandered off to go grab some medical supplies because Medbay was understaffed and they needed the help. While I was gone, all of Robotics and Genetics exploded in a fireball, killing the cloner and my gene scanner things. Welp, I thought, now I'm out of a job. Or am I? My job is to revive people. There's still one way besides borging or cloning to revive people in this game: Strange Reagent. So I spent the next 15-20 minutes opening twenty packs of Pro Puffs to find the proper ingredients for it. Once I had the ingredients, I crushed up all the cigarettes into a drinking glass to create six whole units of strange reagent. Since even one unit is enough to revive a corpse, I used a dropper to remove five units and put the remaining one unit in a syringe. At about this point, someone called Mike Litoris ran up dragging his own corpse and injected me with something that turned me into him and did a bunch of TOX damage. I ran over to the minimedbay near the bar, dragging the other Mike with me. I injected some charcoal to deal with the toxin and revived the dead Mike with my Strange Reagent. After maybe five minutes of me frantically repairing the damage to his body so he didn't die again, he finally stabilized. He thanked me and then ran off to get on the escape shuttle, which had been called a while back. I followed, still carrying a dose of Strange Reagent. There's almost always a brawl or something on the escape shuttle, so there was bound to at least one corpse to revive. The escape shuttle was oddly peaceful, but there WAS a corpse, which I immediately resurrected with my Strange Reagent. He was still in crit though, so I applied all the meds I could to him and crossed my fingers that he'd live. He died again anyways and exploded, killing everyone on the shuttle. Turned out he was a traitor with a macrobomb implant and had commited suicide on the shuttle hoping to kill everyone. But the macrobomb implants don't work if you suicide via command and nothing happened. But the implant was still in him and when he died the second time he exploded violently. This is what you get for being helpful, I guess.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: August 16, 2015, 03:05:00 pm »

E4M1 is perhaps the most brutal of levels in the original

I dont find E4M1 too hard. E4M6 on the other hand.... fuck that level. Fuck it with a rusty pike.
This is a blank sig.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: August 16, 2015, 05:54:45 pm »

I think this screenshot is pretty self-explanatory.

The game physics got really slow because of all the bullets. But I'm impressed that there was literally 0 lag, it was completely smooth.
Sadly, I do experience lag when I go into yellow-plant zones.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: August 17, 2015, 08:41:39 pm »

What's funny is I don't play Guild Wars 2 but I know someone who is trying to do all the Living World stories without friends.  I'm pretty sure I watched her play that part and get frustrated.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: August 17, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »

Showing a friend Invisible Inc.  Intentionally playing sloppy, aggro'd 3 guards.  Internationale took one down in the name of Elite Liberal Justice, but future tasers take a long time to recharge.  The other two burst in on Decker straightening his trenchcoat.  A new option appeared - "Last words".

"I was getting tired of this anyhow" the grizzled detective cosplayer muttered, glaring at the rifles.  FEED LOST
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: August 17, 2015, 09:12:35 pm »

Showing a friend Invisible Inc.  Intentionally playing sloppy, aggro'd 3 guards.  Internationale took one down in the name of Elite Liberal Justice, but future tasers take a long time to recharge.  The other two burst in on Decker straightening his trenchcoat.  A new option appeared - "Last words".

"I was getting tired of this anyhow" the grizzled detective cosplayer muttered, glaring at the rifles.  FEED LOST
"You are nothing.  This changes nothing." ~Sharp

My theory is that they aren't actually tasers, they're advanced weapons designed to make people helpless without knocking them out.  That way they can be kept under for an extended period without suffering brain damage.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: August 17, 2015, 10:15:33 pm »

Definitely seems that Living World season 2 was designed for several people to do at once. I'm doing better than my elementalist, but still REALLY struggling. Died properly three times thus far, and at the point where you have to fight 2 inquest assassins I was REALLY pulling out all the stops.

Guild Wars 2
I think I've asked before, but are you on NA? If so, shoot me a PM and I can lend a hand.

On-topic: Last turn of the mission. All the enemy infantry are dead, the enemy tank is distracted, and I've got a scout in range of the final objective. I just have to move her over, hit the switch, and...

...oh right, there are dual Gatling Bunkers on the walls covering the final point. Both of them opened up simultaneously and ripped my scout apart, leaving me with no other infantry nearby to finish the operation.

The worst part is, the game stops you mid-action to warn you about those bunkers, a warning I'd completely disregarded last turn. So no excuses besides raw incompetence.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: August 19, 2015, 11:13:04 am »

Some kind of glitch where anyone targeted with a fire spell had their mentality trait reduced to zero.  permanently.

tactics ogre for the japanese snes
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: August 20, 2015, 09:20:54 pm »

Not a death, but as close as I can get: I was searching for a giant snakehead, one of the last six fish I have left to catch, for two hours.

I read my hitlist wrong and looked for it between 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM, instead of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.

D'oh.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: August 20, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »

Apparently the uber boss Lilith's poison attacks can kill the player when their health reaches 1, unlike EVERY OTHER POISON IN THE GAME that only leaves players at 1 hit point and requires something else to finish them off.

Well there goes an hour or two spent farming keys to fight the ubers. Cool. Thanks game.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: August 20, 2015, 10:12:22 pm »

Apparently the uber boss Lilith's poison attacks can kill the player when their health reaches 1, unlike EVERY OTHER POISON IN THE GAME that only leaves players at 1 hit point and requires something else to finish them off.

Well there goes an hour or two spent farming keys to fight the ubers. Cool. Thanks game.

My favorite example of this kind of shenanigans is a boss in Witcher 2 who throws poison grenades that bypass poison resistance.  Its not even a lategame boss.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: August 20, 2015, 10:18:48 pm »

Er, who? I can't remember poison grenades, like, at all.

Do you mean Letho?. I thought he threw regular explosives? I can't ever remember being poisoned by him.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1575