Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372772 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15270 on: August 20, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »

Apparently the uber boss Lilith's poison attacks can kill the player when their health reaches 1, unlike EVERY OTHER POISON IN THE GAME that only leaves players at 1 hit point and requires something else to finish them off.

Well there goes an hour or two spent farming keys to fight the ubers. Cool. Thanks game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My favorite example of this kind of shenanigans is a boss in Witcher 2 who throws poison grenades that bypass poison resistance.  Its not even a lategame boss.
Oh, yeah, what makes the death even better is I had already killed her, after 5 or 10 minutes of whittling her down. Then the poison dots killed me. I didn't pick up her drop before dying, making the attempt to kill her pointless.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: August 20, 2015, 10:51:05 pm »

Do you mean Letho?. I thought he threw regular explosives? I can't ever remember being poisoned by him.
Yeah, Letho.  The game's been through several different versions (and I was playing on hard) so we might have had a different experience.  But I distinctly remember receiving lethal poison damage, beating him, and then dying during the cutscene.  Or after it.  Its been years since this happened.  But basically the game was like "you won" and then it was like "lol jk game over".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: August 22, 2015, 08:54:52 pm »

Got too close to Andariel while critically low on life. Like, "1 health from Andariel's poison" low on health. "No problem," I think, "I'm a sorceress and I'll just kite her." My play skill as a sorceress is weak. I don't play sorceress much.

I thought Andy only did poison damage and couldn't kill players at 1 health, but apparently if you get too close when she releases a poison nova she can bitch slap you.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: August 22, 2015, 10:59:30 pm »

Andariel was the first truly difficult part of the game for me. I was shit at building my character though. I thought that you were supposed to spread your points over the skill tree rather than pick two or three favorite skills, putting a single point in prereqs as needed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: August 23, 2015, 01:08:42 am »

A run as Eden could have gone well. Started with the Heart Jar and fear-causing tears. First floor treasure room contained the PHD, first floor boss dropped the Placenta for HP regen. Not a bad start, right?

For the entire rest of the run, I just got one fairly useless item after another. Every treasure room contained either a different activatable item (none of which were worth leaving a full Heart Jar for) or the more useless familiars. I got a single devil room on the entire run, which contained three chests, two of which contained troll bombs and the third contained a couple of soul hearts. Not a single angel room. No defensive items, not even an orbital fly. Aside from shielded shots and a couple of range-up pills, I did not improve my tears at all. I was running around the Womb with just a single pip of attack power, for crying out loud! I died in a fit of frustration.

Binding of Issac: Rebirth
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:56 am »

I'm playing an all-perks-per-rank mono-ish-scout campaign in Long War. The seven unique soldiers (Van Doorn, Private Friendly, Zhang, Annette and the Furies) are going to be one (and my only one) of each non-scout class. So anyway, I had a shitload of floaters activate on me. I had killed a few, then saw that Peter Van Doorn, ROCKET HERO OF XCOM, had a really good rocket he could take. It could conceivably hit four of them, and since PVD had Ranger it would be an instant kill (base damage of 7 +1 from ranger means 5-11 damage). It scatters right and only hits two of them (entirely within reason), but those two only take three damage (wait what the actual fuck that was the shittiest goddamn rocket Pete did you ignore my orders and fire a goddamn shredder or something because dude they should not be fucking sitting there still they should be on the ground dead). Then the rest of my troops miss. Alien turn:

>Injured Floater takes ~30% shot on Van Doorn: Hits for 3
>Floater takes ~30% shot on Van Doorn
>Action cam triggers
>force close game
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: August 23, 2015, 03:18:14 pm »

I learned that while the shotgun is a righteous if not disarming tool for killing mancubus, the mancubus has actually got a flamethrower attack instead us just firing those napalm blasts.

Brutal Doom
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: August 23, 2015, 03:29:21 pm »

>Action cam triggers
>force close game
The worse part about this is those rare times when the action came triggers... and then either you or the aliens miss. I've had a couple of times where I nearly force quit or started celebrating only for whatever shot is being aimed to totally miss. The only thing worse is the times when overwatch triggers and your guy never shoots, but just sits there in slow-mo for like 35 seconds. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: August 23, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »

>Action cam triggers
>force close game
The worse part about this is those rare times when the action came triggers... and then either you or the aliens miss. I've had a couple of times where I nearly force quit or started celebrating only for whatever shot is being aimed to totally miss. The only thing worse is the times when overwatch triggers and your guy never shoots, but just sits there in slow-mo for like 35 seconds. :P

I find that hilarious.
Game: "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! HERE'S A PERFECTLY GOOD CHANCE TO SHOOT WHICH YOUR ELITE SOLDIER TOTALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT! I'LL SHOW IT TO YOU FRAME BY FRAME!"
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: August 23, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »

>Action cam triggers
>force close game

I find that hilarious.
Game: "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! HERE'S A PERFECTLY GOOD CHANCE TO SHOOT WHICH YOUR ELITE SOLDIER TOTALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT! I'LL SHOW IT TO YOU FRAME BY FRAME!"

"Maybe if I look threateningly enough at him he'll die without me shooting. Any moment now."

I was just minding my own business, then this drug dealer looks at me and so I blow his head off. Now, apparently this is illegal, and so the police shot me a lot.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: August 23, 2015, 05:36:53 pm »

Do you mean Letho?. I thought he threw regular explosives? I can't ever remember being poisoned by him.
Yeah, Letho.  The game's been through several different versions (and I was playing on hard) so we might have had a different experience.  But I distinctly remember receiving lethal poison damage, beating him, and then dying during the cutscene.  Or after it.  Its been years since this happened.  But basically the game was like "you won" and then it was like "lol jk game over".

I've beaten the game twice on normal, once on Hard and once on Dark and I can't remember poison grenades. He definitely threw explosives, but I dunno about poison. God that boss fight was a bitch, though. I remember playing it on Dark Mode with some sort of combat/enemy mod and his health regen was insane.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: August 24, 2015, 10:03:40 am »

Not a death, but it's quite galling to gain reputation with one of the AI players for lagging behind, when it's the no-talent bard that's patronizing you.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: August 25, 2015, 08:33:18 am »

I thought this game was an Action Platformer with RPG and Roguelike elements.

I did not think it was a bullet-hell. I died many, many, many times.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: August 25, 2015, 11:01:51 am »

AhahahAHAHAHAHAHAH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: August 25, 2015, 01:32:19 pm »

AhahahAHAHAHAHAHAH
I'm now having the same problem with Alexander. Alexander himself isn't hard to dodge, I could deal with just him; but he spawns so many minions I haven't even managed to bring down 1/4 of his health, let alone kill him.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1575