Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2368989 times)

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14355 on: April 19, 2015, 11:13:26 am »

Ahh, the luchs, the cutest tank in the game. Don't let that fool you though, with the sheer agility and speed it has, along with that 30mm autocannon, it's a very very fun tank to drive :P
Nah I've already got everything but the top radio so safe to say I like it.

EDIT: forgot there's a preview button for a reason
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:15:13 am by shroobot3000 »
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14356 on: April 19, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »

Popped boostgate and moved to retake the station.. turns out they had an assassin lying low, and the sensor drone didn't do what I thought it did.
-Fractured space
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: April 19, 2015, 08:52:43 pm »

It seems a number of people stumbled upon my money making scheme in Guild Wars 2, crashing the market for it.

Fingers crossed it recovers.

Did you buy up Ugly Woolen Socks or something?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: April 20, 2015, 04:44:03 am »

At a certain point the game decides to turn into a parody of its own mechanics by adding a "support" enemy that can:

1.  Disable your ship's defenses to both of the longest range weapon types in the game, which all enemies hold one or the other of, causing the AI to fire all of them at the same ship at once and kill it with no possible defense.
2.  Halve a ship's energy allotment, which they use to both move and shoot.  Oh, and did I mention this enemy type has such high evasion and health scores you have to move in close or fire multiple times to kill them... both of which require energy.  Also your best counter is a sniper unit which cannot fire period if they decide to use this ability on her.
3.  Repair enemies, which of course makes them almost invincible at long range.
4.  Do all of the above, at infinite range with no possible defense.  The only exception is that repairing has limited range (irrelevant since it targets allies) and you have a unit which can clear debuffs, which doesn't matter because the supports act first in the enemy turn and all of the debuffs will have already had an entire turn's worth of impact by the time you clear them.

This is all fine and well when there's one or two of them, as each individual unit can only use two of those abilities per turn.  Still can result in BS if they randomly decide to use their abilities in a smart way, but if you were going to win overwhelmingly it doesn't matter.

However, they follow up the mission these enemies are introduced with, with an "assault carrier".  This is the highest health standard unit that's appeared thus far, which can spawn two of these guys per turn but might choose not to.  It literally comes down to a dice roll.  In this mission, which is the only mission in the entire game thus far where you are not allowed to upgrade your units before, they start off with two assault carriers on the field, and then quickly spawn them on 3 different sides of the map so far apart you could never cover them all.  In my first playthrough, the only assault carrier which appeared far away from my units spawned almost a dozen support units, which proceeded to lock down my entire fleet so badly that they couldn't kill the carrier units faster than they were repaired.

Literally every enemy on the battlefield was spawned either by a scripted event or a carrier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14359 on: April 20, 2015, 05:25:48 am »

It seems a number of people stumbled upon my money making scheme in Guild Wars 2, crashing the market for it.

Fingers crossed it recovers.

Did you buy up Ugly Woolen Socks or something?
Not saying what it is. In the unlikely case it recovers, I want as few people in on it as possible.

It's not as if there isn't a surfeit of easily obtainable and easily manipulated items, Fapmaster.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14360 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:40 am »

I thought those giant magic ogre thingies with skeletons riding them couldn't hit you when you were at a different height. One in the previous area supported this hypothesis, so I shot one with my crossbow.

I was wrong.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14361 on: April 20, 2015, 11:29:17 am »

I'm so fucking done with prometheans

like during the campaign there were ok to fight I guess because the game made an attempt to seem fair and you had better shields

but good god damn in spartan ops i'm getting real fucking tired of fighting prometheans

they aren't even fucking fun to fight anymore. They're using weapons that are almost identical to the human weapons (orange Combat Rifle, orange Magnum, orange Battle Rifle, overpowered orange sniper rifle, overpowered orange shotgun, and overpowered orange rocket launcher). Not to mention the only three varieties you face: the original ones that are interesting, the fucking watchers that are so goddamn infuriating, and the overpowered orange elites.

I can only hope to assume what the fucking design meeting for the fucking promethean knights looked like. "Okay guys, so basically we'll take the elite, right? But we make him an eight foot tall orange robot. Give him the same shielding as the elite ultras, then make him invulnerable to headshots. We'll give him overpowered versions of the human weapons, and then let him teleport anywhere on the battlefield. Oh, and for good measure we'll give him an energy sword as a secondary weapon."

The short of this is i'm tired of fighting the goddamn prometheans. The dog robots are okay, but the watcher/knight combos are ravaging my anus. I cannot express to you how many times i've managed to kill one of the spooper dooper orange robots with the scattershot, only to get blind-sided by the fucking devestator cannon and watch one of the watchers revive the same motherfucker.

Honestly the only reason i'm still playing spartan ops is for the covenant fights, which are really fun and remind me of an objective-oriented firefight.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14362 on: April 22, 2015, 02:06:37 pm »

Holy phallusblasting dickpiston being underleveled sucks HARD compared to the previous game.  I guess it might be because i'm like halfway through the game and not even level 40.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14363 on: April 23, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »

A door was booby-trapped and exploded, knocking my gnomish archer from 20/56 hp to-4/56 hp.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14364 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:19 pm »

Tried to ride a dragon carcass with the power of magic. I was able to get surprisingly high before the whole thing went unstable and did a back flip. I didn't survive the fall.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14365 on: April 24, 2015, 11:05:48 am »

I was trying to shoot a rocket through a narrow window. However, rockets launch from slightly right of the crosshair rather than dead-center, so the rocket hit the edge of the window. I died.

Halo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14366 on: April 24, 2015, 11:42:48 am »

Wow, ok, this was a rasputinian death.

So, my toll monk finds a locked door. He kicks the locked door, smashing it, triggering a trap, and causing a stone block to fall on hisd head. From 30 hp to 10 hp. I wait a bit to heal a little, then take a step past the doorway into the new room. I immediately fall in a pit and pit vipers surround me. By falling in the pit my health went from 14 hp to 7 hp. A pit viper crawls over another stone block trap and is crushed. Another pit viper bites me and poisons me, bringing me down to 4 hp and poisoned. The third pit viper crawls over a trap and triggers a landmine. The explosions kills the two remaining pit vipers and takes me from 4 hp and poisoned to -7 hp, poisoned, and dead.

In the span of less than a minute of real time and in only 3 steps I got hit on the head by a block, fell in a pit, mobbed by snakes, poisoned, and blown up by a landmine triggered by the snakes.

The RNG really wanted me dead.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14367 on: April 24, 2015, 11:53:14 am »

Impressive  :o
I assume you found an artifact weapon in the previous room and the RNG was merely obeying the law of averages.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14368 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »

Impressive  :o
I assume you found an artifact weapon in the previous room and the RNG was merely obeying the law of averages.
Nope. No artifact. Just went through the small cave at lvl 1 trying to get a waterproof blanket and go through the unremarkable dungeon to the fortress village. Was still level 1, 1st floor of the unassuming dungeon, only one room connected to the room with the stairs I had come from. That room had the locked door and the imminent death.

Just awful RNG. Wasn't even doomed. RNG was just like "trolls suck, I'mma kill you."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14369 on: April 24, 2015, 02:48:33 pm »

Damn floaters. Ironman mode, too. Rest in peace, squaddie sniper who's name I can't remember.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 1574