Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369011 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14325 on: April 11, 2015, 11:21:32 am »

Stupid baby zombies, making me bleed and hindering my improvised escape from a blood-stained library over a metal fence. Should've paid attention to rule #22.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:06:52 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14326 on: April 12, 2015, 11:07:40 am »

I saw a herd of large, green, rhino-like creatures. I saw a little one, and decided to kill it. Unlike other passive animals that aggro when attacked, which normally only the one attacked goes aggro, the entire herd went aggro. Oh, and besides the one I went for, they're all larger than a dropship and can take off almost all your health in one hit.

Reload the save from just before the above incident, and instead of those beasts, I'm instead attacked right on game load by a giant bear With four arms. And breathes fire.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14327 on: April 12, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »

Now, I've died numerous times in horribly ignoble ways; but suicide by firing a rifle grenade into my own horse's butt is definitely not the most dignified way to go.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14328 on: April 12, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »

What game?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14329 on: April 12, 2015, 06:58:47 pm »

Fucking Dreamdark Enclave jumping puzzle. I can do it fine, until I tell my guy to jump and they do the tiniest hop in response.

Guild Wars 2

All hops are equal among men!

Nah, seriously, you're always jumping the same height, regardless of animation - it often looks like Norn jump like a centimetre in the air and Asura jump twice their height, but in the end, it's all the same. It's the same with regards to fighting - everyone shares the same hitbox for balance reasons.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14330 on: April 12, 2015, 08:18:50 pm »

I decided to play on Goonstation again. Accidentally murdered someone with the biggest burger ever, then ran into a fire and died because lag.

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #14331 on: April 12, 2015, 08:29:21 pm »

heh, doesnt beat the time I bought a crate thingie and got two recharge guns and then a cloak field, sat there gunning fools who went into my field of death, only for a grenade that turned me into ash into said field.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14332 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:54 am »

What game?
Skyrim, with Project Flintlock Rifle and Immersive Patrols (Or Random Encounters).

I run into an encounter with 30 or so stormcloaks/imperials duking it out. I, dismount, take out my flintlock and snipe the archers/mages (which needs to be done at extreme range as rifles are LOUD); leaving behind the melee mooks all in a ball. I switch to rifle grenades, calculate the distance, and let loose... right as my horse runs in front of me. A skeever must have caught me or something.

Obviously, the grenade goes off and blows us both into the stratosphere. Master difficulty is no joke.

This may be one of those moments that I look down on Skyrim for lacking ludicrous gibs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14333 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:52 am »

Not really a death, but poor Estelle got stuck in-between an NPC and a stair.

Requiescat in Pace.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky FC (PC ver)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

On an alien planet, full of bugs.  We were a group of 4 marines.  Giving freedom and liberation to the bugs via judicious application of accelerated objects to carapace.  We ended up moving down a bridge sort of thing.  There are no railings.  It was after escaping a firefight with the enemies, we kinda had enough of their never ending numbers and there was not a lot of room to maneuver, cause friendly fire and supply drops ain't.  The bugs were of course still coming after us, specifically a giant front armoured bug...  We were about to exit the bridge area, when that giant bug came rolling up behind us.  I jumped for cover, over the ledge of that bridge thing, to my doom.  Another one of us was crushed under it, while the other 2 that were ahead of managed to make it out over the bridge.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14335 on: April 13, 2015, 09:21:50 pm »

I launched a tactical nuclear missile from my commander. Almost immediately, it hits a plane from below, goes off, and kills half my base. I did not know that could happen.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:16 pm »

(one reason nuclear missiles don't work like that)

While hunting titular cherry blossoms as Marisa, and hoping to find who stole spring's warmth from the land, I lost a life to Alice Margatroid.
"It seems you hold some spring of your own"
"Perhaps I will partake of your small spring as well?"
I'm sensing some subtle subtext here but I can't imagine what it is.

Danmaku is love, danmaku is beauty.

I do love that if you win with continues, you totally prevent the evil nasty thing in the depths of the underworld from getting resurrected.  But spring's still stolen and everything kinda sucks.  ...Win?

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14337 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »

Madagascar was the only country that didn't get infected with the new wave of the black death.

...of course it had to be Madagascar.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14338 on: April 14, 2015, 09:18:05 am »

Overwhelmed by the Soviets. I need to get better at managing multiple fronts in RTS games.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14339 on: April 14, 2015, 11:01:48 am »

A toilet threw a car at my head.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1574