Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574]

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2368794 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23595 on: August 17, 2024, 11:18:07 am »

Been staring at one of the last puzzles in Murder by Numbers all night since it's too hot to sleep anyways, and getting absolutely nowhere... while I'm sure that the answer is available online, does anybody see what the next step is?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A complex one.

I can give you a hint.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23596 on: August 17, 2024, 03:04:02 pm »

...Derp. Thanks; cracking the bottom right made everything else fall into place in 2:15. I was wondering how this was classified as a T2-E(F?) difficulty puzzle, after doing all the T3/4 puzzles (because working from hard to easy is a thing?), then it was like the sun parting the clouds, and a heavenly choir...

Now to go off and get stumped on a 5x5 in T1 or something.  :o
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23597 on: August 17, 2024, 09:47:58 pm »

Wound up on the losing end of an apparent pubstomp on my very first match in more than 12 years. Suffice to say I died a lot.

Team Fortress 2
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23598 on: August 21, 2024, 04:49:17 pm »

Kentaurosmon managed to eke out a victory against the Chapter 2 final boss, Titamon, though it was a hard enough fight that he had to fuse with GranKuwagamon(which for some reason, produces Rosemon Burst Mode) in order to win. Well more of a curb-stomp after the fusion, but that's generally how it goes in anime, doesn't it?

Even then, he had just enough life in him to also fight an optional battle against Vikemon, who I would say is slightly harder than Titamon due to using multiple status effect moves, particularly confusion and sprite. Both of which prevent orders from being given(which is critical to winning). Still managed to win that and recruit Vikemon to town.

Then he died.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23599 on: August 22, 2024, 03:34:05 am »

Went outside without a scarf causing my head freeze thus killing me.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23600 on: August 22, 2024, 08:06:09 pm »

Bandits upgraded themselves to full bronze armor. My guys, smacking them with whatever they were carrying, were doing a single point of damage. I had to abandon that save anyway, since my people were barely, if that, breeding at replacement levels. Immigrants are apparently not a thing, and I hadn't set up any infrastructure to capture and recruit bandits.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23601 on: August 30, 2024, 08:42:35 pm »

Hippogriff, for some reason, ran out of breath after a single wing flap. There was a massive horde of greed bearing down on me and not enough time to eat to get its breath back, resulting in me losing the crown.

Te last one I lost due to my own idiocy, this one because my mount was apparently struck my intense laziness at the precise wrong moment.

Kingdom: Two Crowns
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23602 on: August 30, 2024, 08:45:49 pm »

Evidently three evolved weapons is not sufficient to win a run on the Inlaid Library. Died at the 28:50 mark.

Possibly could have walked slower, maybe that would’ve worked.

I did unlock many, many things as a consequence though, including hyper mode for that particular map, which looks like it might be fun if the base stats include +90% speed, +50% gold, and a 15 minute time limit as opposed to the usual 30.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23603 on: September 07, 2024, 08:00:44 pm »

Killed by Ridley in Super Metroid because I thought I was over prepared and just face tanked a lot of hits.  Disappointed in myself because it was the only death I had, and I was trying to see how much better I could do since I'd only played it once before.

Cut my time from 6:49 to about 4:15, so that was good.  Item completion went from like 70% to 84%.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23604 on: September 18, 2024, 03:09:52 pm »

Tried getting back into CK3 after a few years.

Seems they've altered the AI to be hilariously aggressive, explicitly to the player. Every war I got into, everyone surrounding me would immediately declare war. I outnumbered every single one of them, but they'd still take the opportunity to attack. Other AI? Nah, leave them alone. Me? Good relations, small armies, I'm *the* target.

Wouldn't be so bad except you can only play so much siege whack-a-mole before they start successfully sieging down your holdings.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 03:20:12 pm by Great Order »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23605 on: September 18, 2024, 03:18:09 pm »

Is the AI in CK3 as bad as Stellaris?  If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they just made them do that to pose a sense of challenge when it can't plan properly.

Anyway, I'm dying to a lot of stupid stuff in the A Link to the Past.  I never played this game as a kid but started playing it on the Switch's virtual console, and I'm honestly surprised at how hard and unforgiving the combat can be.  Mercy invulnerability is short, and if an enemy gets on top of you you're almost guaranteed to take 2-3 hits before you can do anything about it.

The dungeon bosses have been cleaning my clock.  Especially that stupid worm that moves randomly and you have to hit its tail.  I'm on dungeon 5 now and have probably died 40 times in total so far.

Things got better after I found a second bottle and learned you can use magic dust on the weird spinning things that drain your magic into fairies, but wow.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23606 on: September 18, 2024, 03:21:47 pm »

I don't know, it's a bit hard to tell how good the AI is when you have to quit 20 years into a 650 year long game because you're losing provinces left and right to human-hating AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574]