Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371372 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11325 on: March 23, 2014, 06:47:40 pm »

The dremer. Just, the dremer. They appear at turn 28, when the best I have is a warrior hero and vampires. To top it off, turns out the Fertile Lands spell (turns target hex, plus all other surrounding hexes into grasslands) don't work on corrupted terrain, which is pretty much everywhere. Then the game decides to spawn neutral templar units near my border cities and even more dremer gates, but this this time around my capital city. And this was on the second-lowest difficulty, too.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane (armaggedon mode)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: March 24, 2014, 04:35:56 am »

When playing a squishy mage and doing solo quests at level seven, it might  be a good idea to see what's around you before casting an AOE spell. In my case, I sicced four giant spiders on myself.

World of Warcraft. It's a much more solitary experience than I remember.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11327 on: March 24, 2014, 11:18:42 am »

Eh, with 'looms and decent planning you can fairly easily kill pretty much anything you encounter at low levels. Although I've not leveled a mage in a long while so I don't remember how they play out at low level.

Of course nothing is as broken and facerolly as a Prot warrior.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: March 24, 2014, 11:24:11 am »

So I was cruising through town, doing some raiding and I see a gas station. "Hey" I think to myself, "You have a lighter, compressed air can, and some duct tape. Let's make a homemade flamethrower!" So I do. And I refill it with gas at the pump. While I am doing this, my previous looting drew zombies. As in, dozens of zombies. I flip shit and use my new flamethrower.

While still at the gas station.

Things went boom, and I was a thin paste of ash underneath the rubble, as the town caught on fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: March 24, 2014, 11:37:05 am »

YES ANOTHER DESTROYED GAS STATION :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: March 24, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

You're not the first person to do stupid fire-related things at a gas station, trust me.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: March 24, 2014, 12:00:25 pm »

I blow up gas stations for fun in CDDA, though. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: March 24, 2014, 12:02:11 pm »

Exploding gas stations are fun. However you rarely have time to enjoy the explosion when you're in the middle of the station.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: March 24, 2014, 12:04:51 pm »

True, true. That's why I usually chuck molotovs from a distance.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: March 24, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

I found it very cathartic to spray and sweep the classroom of a girls' boarding school with a flamethrower.

Unfortunately, SSC did not agree.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »

My crew had all the required loot plus a whole bunch of extra loot from maybe 75% of the safe deposit boxes (all opened slowwwly without a saw because it was a pub group) before we decided it was time to get out.

3 of us charge out the back door while the last guy covers the front, toss our bags in the cage, and turn to get more before we are sniped down by the about 5,000 snipers that had been accumulating on the roofs of the nearby buildings.

Last guy turns, sees us all down. Does he wait for a hostage exchange to free us? no. Does he wait for the plane to grab the loot and win the mission without us (so we at least get some reward)? no. Does he bunker down and wait for the full timer so we all get back in the game? no.

He charges out into the open trying to save us and is promptly sniped to death before he even reaches the first guy. ~20 minutes of tediously opening safe deposit boxes, gone. (at least his heart was in the right place and he tried to be helpful)

There were so many snipers because it was an all low-level pub group, nobody even had a scope so we couldn't really kill them and they just sort of accumulated.

payday 2 GO bank map
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: March 24, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »

Giant spiders again, this time joined by feral nightsabers. I'm starting to think that I might just suck at WoW in general.

World of Warcraft. Why is Teldrassil so empty of players? I've never seen more than a couple at a time, usually just noobs going through the first few quests.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:06:52 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:44 pm »

Do you suppose everyone is cluttering the endgame?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: March 24, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »

Do you suppose everyone is cluttering the endgame?
As usually happens in any MMO that's been out for more than 6 months?  ;)

On-topic: Still more Dark Souls. In particular, a certain pair of bosses have been flattening and electrocuting me, often in that order. I've discovered that Power Within + Great Chaos Fireball is enough to kill one foe... but then I'm out of decent spells, and the other enemy impales me as I desperately flail at his legs with a Claymore.

Not sure if I should keep trying, or start burning Humanity to get some summon support, or make the trek alllllllthe way back to Blightown for some more powerful Pyromancies.  :'(

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: March 24, 2014, 08:24:31 pm »

Ah, biggie and smalls.
I never actually made it that far before moving onto the second game in rage.

EDIT: Oh yeah I died recently.
Trying to get to the guy who is obsessed with maps in the Forest of Fallen Giants.
Died to archers.
That's the first time I've ever had it happen and I felt a little embarrassed.
Damn sorcerers are squishy in this game.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:28:20 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1575