Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371128 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11310 on: March 22, 2014, 12:58:24 pm »

Recalling a death in Diablo 1. I quick saved in a bad spot, half a second before dying. I don't remember what the exact penalty for dying was, but it must have been bad because I ragequit and never looked back. I was within sight of the endgame too, since I seem to remember finding the last "shortcut" from the overworld to the lowest part of the dungeon.

Diablo.

The very first time I played, everything was smooth sailing up to The Butcher.  In a blind panic I ran past him into the room, hit escape, and saved.  My rogue was perma-screwed...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: March 22, 2014, 01:30:38 pm »

Walked into a boss fight. Ran right up to him, dodged his first attack... and fell into a bottomless pit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: March 22, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

I'm one of those corpses. A deal went seriously wrong.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: March 22, 2014, 03:58:06 pm »

I just read the Trickster Mode section. Oh, dear sweet baby troll jegus, that killed like half my brain cells. My eyes are bleeding. My ears are echoing weird sounds that are killing more brain cells.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: March 22, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

Recalling a death in Diablo 1. I quick saved in a bad spot, half a second before dying. I don't remember what the exact penalty for dying was, but it must have been bad because I ragequit and never looked back. I was within sight of the endgame too, since I seem to remember finding the last "shortcut" from the overworld to the lowest part of the dungeon.

Diablo.

The very first time I played, everything was smooth sailing up to The Butcher.  In a blind panic I ran past him into the room, hit escape, and saved.  My rogue was perma-screwed...

Yeah, the Butcher is a giant "screw you" to non-Warriors. He has ridiculous HP for the first dungeon layer, does a ton of damage and moves around like he's on rocket skates. I'm only able to beat him by clearing the next few levels and coming back for him. His Axe is good enough to carry a well-built Warrior for a significant portion of the game, though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: March 22, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »

WHAT IS THIS AMAZING GAME?
WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
HOW MUCH DOTH IT COST?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: March 22, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »

Sub Rosa
Link
Free

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: March 22, 2014, 06:26:59 pm »

Alright, clutch, downshift, release clutch, hit the brake to bring down the RPM to a safe level, then... oh god no that wasn't right, why is my engine at 0RPMs, and why is there a giant smoke trail. Oh......... oh no I screwed that up.....

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

WHAT IS THIS AMAZING GAME?
WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
HOW MUCH DOTH IT COST?

Its kind of amazing, but I knew what game that was without clicking on any spoilers.  Despite how obscure it is.

Here's a good gameplay video.  In a weirdly circular little thing, that youtuber is part of the gaming group that made Dark Business, the ARMA 2 scenario that game is based on.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: March 23, 2014, 12:06:27 am »

It lags terribly for me though, and the game isn't terribly popular and usually only has about 10 people playing.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: March 23, 2014, 03:05:55 am »

Metro 2033 Hardcore Ranger mode. 'Nuff said. Strangely, I'm actually dying less than on my first playthrough. Most of my deaths so far have been from being spotted as the guards pass their spot check for ninjas. I also just beat the entire library chapter only firing two shots, both necessary to advance. One for the plank, and one for the chandelier.

Metro 2033, if you didn't catch it above.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: March 23, 2014, 01:44:10 pm »

As a Pteranodon, I'd just managed to peck a scientist twice, and it's a three-hit kill. Launched into the air to find her again, and quickly spotted her. I decided that the best way to avoid another snipe (and death) was to freefall at her, but as I did an epic fall from the sky to eat her face, I was sniped by her and hit the ground like a wet flannel. I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: March 23, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

I have the black disk on my back, one of my allies has an empty briefcase, we're "making a deal" with yellow. The two dealers walk to the middle of the road and drop their cases and my side opens up. We lose the dealer but kill the yellows. Almost as soon as that ends, a car full of blues does a burnout right into the firefight zone and guns us down, taking both disks and leaving.

Sub Rosa.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: March 23, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »

I have the black disk on my back, one of my allies has an empty briefcase, we're "making a deal" with yellow. The two dealers walk to the middle of the road and drop their cases and my side opens up. We lose the dealer but kill the yellows. Almost as soon as that ends, a car full of blues does a burnout right into the firefight zone and guns us down, taking both disks and leaving.

Sub Rosa.

You have to tell me how to have it not have massive unplayable lag every 5 seconds.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: March 23, 2014, 06:35:27 pm »

What to do in a base defense mission:
1) Set up soldiers.
2) Kill a few Sebillians.
3) Discover this game's chryssalid equivalent.
4) Lose entire squad to unstoppable army of lightning-fast aliens that take advantage of the spread-out troops and cover.
5) Quit battle and game without saving.
6) Sit in a corner and try to resist the tear-jerking nightmares boiling in your head.
7) Cry. A lot.

Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1575