Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371374 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11355 on: March 27, 2014, 04:53:31 pm »

I whittle the gym leader down to his last 'mon, with most of my team knocked out through sheer attrition. I'm one attack from finishing this when:

"LEADER BRAWLY uses a SUPER POTION on MAKUHITA."

*Makuhita's HP goes back to full*

FFFFFF-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Brawly's a dick. He was pretty much the wall that killed multiple Saphire nuzlocke runs. Either his machop one shot everything I had or I had to grind for hours on the weak pokemon in the cave to level my pokemon enough to JUST MATCH HIS LEVEL and possibly beat him. I'd still lose 'mons, and if my flying type (if I had it) died then I could gg right there. The one time I beat him and moved on, I also caught a machop later. You can guess what I named it.

It's OK.

I lose to him pretty much every time.

I beat Emerald six times.

SIX.

SIX FRICKIN' TIMES.

Ahem.

Anyway, I always pick Mudkip. Mostly for Wattson-Immunity, Flannery-Fighting, and the Surf clone accuracy-thing. Oh, and it makes Team Magma and their groundy-types easy as [spanish foot].

In Spanish, "pie" is foot.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: March 29, 2014, 12:21:24 am »

Rather than walking all the way back to Lordanel to continue an extremely boring quest chain about killing crabs or something, I decided to check out the flaming wreck surrounded by higher-level trolls and undead. I killed about two or three trolls before somehow aggro-ing every single mob in a 30 yard radius. Needless to say, I did not survive.

World of Warcraft.

Other players have finally started acknowledging me though! A worgen and some draenei thought my death was hilarious, and they helped me escape when I returned to resurrect.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: March 29, 2014, 12:28:00 am »

Anyway, I always pick Mudkip. Mostly for Wattson-Immunity, Flannery-Fighting, and the Surf clone accuracy-thing. Oh, and it makes Team Magma and their groundy-types easy as [spanish foot].

In Spanish, "pie" is foot.

Yeah, the run that beat Brawly I had gone with mudkip. Marshtomp's bide combined with potion spamming let me overpower his pokemon with their own power. Marshtomp almost died at one point, but he didn't, so it was clearly a good strategy.

Speaking of Flannery, coincidentally, Flannery then killed that same run later with Sunny Day+Overheat spam from her Torkoal. I should've taken more 'mons with type advantage than my marshtomp, but even marshtomp got two shot. Everything else pretty much melted from overheat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: March 29, 2014, 12:47:46 am »

Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am very powerful.

The Stanley Parable.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: March 29, 2014, 06:17:26 am »

Playing on Walls with the 24 total Skrimish AI bots,.   I buy a transport helicopter and make change to the Hotwire character class, as she has more explosives.    The moment I leave the base I see a nod light tank running around.  I quickly manage to blow it up using a combination of timed C4 and remote C4.   I then board my chinook, and landed right next to the entrance of the airfield.  My chinook is blown apart while still in the air, but I survive and rush inside, with everything in the base shooting at me.   By the time the doors close I am at around 10 hp.    But that's alright, because taking out the airfield will guarantee my victory.  I get ready to blow apart the master control terminal with my timed C4...
Renegade X.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: March 29, 2014, 10:48:31 am »

I joined a Special Delivery game that seemed to be composed of only snipers and pyros on both sides. Luckily, however, it seems the Red pyros had no idea how to airblast rockets back at me. On the downside, snipers. Millions of them.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:41 pm »

My first fight against the Hydra was going excellently. All the nearby Crystal Golems were dead, and my mightly Claymore had lopped off all but one of the beast's heads (and, surprisingly, they don't grow back!). The Hydra performed his Bite attack, getting his remaining head stuck in the ground, and I started sprinting forwards to lop it off.

And ran straight out of the shallows into deep water, where I sunk like a stone and instantly died.  :o

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: March 29, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »

An endgame Troll Monk is rampaging through Lor'Danel (10-20 Alliance town) on Aggramar realm. I am shadowmelded under a tree because this is fun to watch and I've already died many times trying to polymorph or root him.

World of Warcraft.

EDIT: protip, polymorph doesn't work on endgame monks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:32:08 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: March 30, 2014, 12:23:59 am »

One of my first experiences with PvP in WoW was being ganked in Goldshire. I had PvP set to always on to get a feel of the experience and It was actually kinda fun trying to hide from the gankers that rolled through. :P

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: March 30, 2014, 12:27:35 am »

One of my first experiences with PvP in WoW was being ganked in Goldshire. I had PvP set to always on to get a feel of the experience and It was actually kinda fun trying to hide from the gankers that rolled through. :P
I had a similar experience back when I played WoW, but with a town outside of Ironforge that I can never remember the name of.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: March 30, 2014, 01:55:51 am »

I fell off my ship. Twice.

Terraria
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: March 30, 2014, 02:46:35 am »

Gonna post to here first, but qualifies as both a death and an own.

We were playing Epic Munchkin (Up to level 20), I had played the "This one goes up to 11" card (Level 22 to win with Epic). My character was loaded out extremely awesomely, when I faced off against... an Undead Tentacle Monster with it's Brood and Mate.
Level 15+5(undead)+10(brood)...x2(mate)=60, plus the magic missile, was level 65. I couldn't get half that, darn them and their modifiers and not wanting me to win. So I died.

When I respawned, I had 2 level 2 monster cards, a level 17, and a cheat card in my hand, plus more awesome equipment. I went on to win despite my death, they managed to negate one of my Go Looking For Trouble level 2s, but I wound up tying the level 17 after all their modifiers and special abilities, and Warriors win ties. And thus, I reached level 23 and won. :D

Oh, and if you noticed, I am a girl according to that card. This is because I changed sex mid game 3 times. Lousy curses... :P

Munchkin Deluxe, Star Munchkin, Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe, Munchkin 8: Cheat with Both Hands.  <--To avoid any meteor storms.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: March 30, 2014, 03:08:26 am »

I'm a bit sad you didn't get the Laser-Maser-Bobaser-Bananafanafofaser.

Anyway. I chose to fight against slugs, thinking there would be dozens of them. There were six. My minions killed them in a few seconds. I then opted for the slug demiboss, and walked in the arena only to find there were 20 giant slugs. Again, the fight lasted no more then a few seconds...

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:14 am »

I'm a bit sad you didn't get the Laser-Maser-Bobaser-Bananafanafofaser.
My brother wound up with that one. It was also Armor piercing and Of Doom after he looted part of it off my corpse.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: March 30, 2014, 05:14:29 am »

Was born in Vietnam as a guy. Ended up doing only one year of school work and tried to bribe the officials not to draft me at 18, unfortunately that didn't work and I ended up serving in the military for 3 years. Took up smoking and got a wife. Got a quick job to earn a little extra money and had a kid. A year or so passed then I illegally emigrated to New York where I became a street vendor and eked out a meager living, definitely a lot better than Vietnam. Sadly however, ten or so years passed until I died at the ripe age of 45. The lesson to be learned here is not to pick up smoking. D:

Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1575