Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371039 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11295 on: March 21, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »

Wow. Fuck the Librarians. One took a sticky grenade to the face and a full 40-round mag to the head and it STILL didn't die. Oh, and these guys are just fucking EVERYWHERE. On normal too.

Metro 2033

Ran out of ammo on that level, ended up killing 23 librarians with a knife.
You sir, are a god.

D: it was terrible, jumpscares got me every couple of seconds and I backpeddled through whole segments because it took so long to kill the black librarians. I must of died like a hundred times!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11296 on: March 21, 2014, 09:15:04 pm »

There aren't any jumpscares in that game, aside from one part where you can get grabbed if you try to take some conspicuous looking ammo.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: March 21, 2014, 09:47:18 pm »

Fuuuuuuuck. So, through a combination of game dickery, mutants being bullet sponges, and dubious accuracy, I have all of 21 smg rounds, 8 pistol rounds, four shotgun shells, and three throwing knifes, and I have to fight amoebas, which are explosive balls of goo. Greaaaat. This isn't going to suck at ALLL.

Metro 2033. I went from 400 rounds to 40 because of those goddam Librarians. I have an update on their survivability. One survived getting stuck with grenades twice, took a full 40 round clip to the face, and then took two point blank shotgun blasts to the head, which finally put the bastard down. On NORMAL. I can only imagine the nightmare Hardcore Ranger is.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »

Ugh, I really disliked those amoebas. It's like the turret section in Dead Space, out of nowhere and more trial and error than anything else.

I don't think I fought that many Librarians. You can dodge past most of them by maintaining eye contact or something, but that's rather picky from what I remember.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: March 21, 2014, 09:59:16 pm »

What. You can stare those bastards down? Son of a bitch...... I know you can scare the glowy eyed bug thing in D6 with your flashlight, but you can stare down what seems to be a mutant gorilla on steroids?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: March 21, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »

One survived getting stuck with grenades twice, took a full 40 round clip to the face, and then took two point blank shotgun blasts to the head, which finally put the bastard down. On NORMAL. I can only imagine the nightmare Hardcore Ranger is.
I'm pretty sure that when you start a game on Hardcore Ranger, 4A releases a few real life librarians to kill you.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: March 21, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »

What. You can stare those bastards down? Son of a bitch...... I know you can scare the glowy eyed bug thing in D6 with your flashlight, but you can stare down what seems to be a mutant gorilla on steroids?

I'm pretty sure. Something about eye contact and distance, you don't want to be too close as to be in melee range but not too far or they move closer to you. It's really picky and as soon as they move out of sight I found they come barrelling back to smack you through a wall.

Wiki link if people are interested.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: March 21, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »

Can I take a moment and say that I'm extremely jealous of both of you, since Metro 2033 always bugged out at the end of the minecart sequence for me. And thus I never got to get any further in the game. *shakes fist*

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »

With Hoji dying on the floor and the mythical katana thing in my possession, I walked to the staircase down to the final boss arena, accidentally hitting dash and dying from the fall damage in an explosion of blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: March 22, 2014, 12:37:51 am »

Re: Librarians:

I had a lot of luck using that sort of railgun you can pick up at some point. Charge it up to full power, fire a ball bearing through the Librarian's face. It seems to take them down in only a few hits, and I'm pretty sure I was playing on Normal.
Staring them down is really finicky, and doesn't work well if there's more than one of them at a time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: March 22, 2014, 01:13:45 am »

Wasn't really paying attention, but then I found myself losing limbs rapidly against better equipped and higher leveled opponents.

I've only ever managed to stare down the very first librarian that you encounter in 2033. And when I leave the room it will usually start barreling after me. I think I would have liked it more if the level played out a bit more like it does in the book.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: March 22, 2014, 02:18:09 am »

Can I take a moment and say that I'm extremely jealous of both of you, since Metro 2033 always bugged out at the end of the minecart sequence for me. And thus I never got to get any further in the game. *shakes fist*

Could you get a save past that point and put it in your own save folder?  Maybe even send someone your save and then have them skip that?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: March 22, 2014, 02:56:47 am »

Recalling a death in Diablo 1. I quick saved in a bad spot, half a second before dying. I don't remember what the exact penalty for dying was, but it must have been bad because I ragequit and never looked back. I was within sight of the endgame too, since I seem to remember finding the last "shortcut" from the overworld to the lowest part of the dungeon.

Diablo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:12 am »

Could you get a save past that point and put it in your own save folder?  Maybe even send someone your save and then have them skip that?

I have absolutely no idea, to be honest. I'd have to do some searching around the net to find out. I'll try and keep you posted.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: March 22, 2014, 08:05:15 am »

Die, load, die, load, die, load etc. for about 1-2 hours. I've never been this happy when a barrage of missiles were fired at me than now.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1575