Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373093 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8100 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:22 am »

*Mission impossible theme*

Spiders:  Yes! He took the bait!  Quickly, signal Carl!  It's his turn to close the deal!
Carl: Ssssssssss...
Player: What! Nuuuu!
Carl: *BOOM*
*Spiders walking calmly away from explosion while putting on shades, because cool arachnids don't look at explosions*

==Mission Accomplished==
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: February 05, 2013, 01:11:09 am »

Round 12/20 on Cabin Fever, and my entire team dies in about half a second. I have no idea what went wrong, but I managed to rack up 20 extra kills before I finally died as the last player.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously? People still play CA? I thought it was too infested with hackers and forgotten long ago. And then one from B12 plays it.
The guns are balanced about as well as a drunken sloth trying to juggle plates on a seesaw, but Fireteam and Quarantine are still pretty fun.
Yeah. I remember when I got the Minimi.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: February 05, 2013, 01:16:00 am »

Trying to build the perfect soldier, got savaged by a vampire I lured into the wilderness for a one on one unarmed match.

DF
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: February 05, 2013, 03:24:42 am »

What happens when somebody accidentally crashes his motorcycle at a speed of around 100kph into a beehive and gets promptly thrown off of it? A reason to post in this thread, that's what happens.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: February 05, 2013, 05:34:13 am »

Thin Men got 3 lucky criticals in a row. The sole survivor didn't make it back to the transport. That was only the third mission, and I'm left with nothing but rookies back at the base. Panic spreads across the globe and the X-COM project gets disbanded.
For some reason, I keep playing "Classic Ironman" even though I know I can't win it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:35:58 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: February 05, 2013, 06:44:36 am »

I forgot that The Core is a huge bitch without the Machine Gun. And when I finally defeated it, I realized I forgot to take the rope to tow Curly, so I'll have to do it over again. fml.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: February 05, 2013, 07:53:10 am »

Whoever decided that spiders should make noise while walking needs to be smacked upside the head. I spent five minutes in a hole in the ground hearing them scuttle above me before I starved to death underground.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: February 05, 2013, 09:19:55 am »

I had something that Frank wanted. Frank is good at prying open skull. Frank was kind and ate me quickly.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: February 05, 2013, 10:16:31 am »

Alright men. Today we fight. We fight like we've never fought before. Today we make a stand against Napoleon and his vile Imperial forces. Today we tell him "Not one damned step further!" FOR MOTHER RUSS-

And then my general was decapitated by a cannonball in the first volley. The entire army legged it.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »

Not exactly a death but it will be one soon if things proceed at this rate. The French had decided they wanted some of my more advanced technology and sent a spy to steal some intelligence from Persepolis. Kurkhundid*, azizanam! And with that, they finally gave me an excuse to declare war on them.

Most of their puny military units were pummeled and their cities captured. Except barbarians appeared out of nowhere and captured one of my undefended towns from far behind the battle line. Yes, undefended. By the time my troops managed to fall back from the battle with the French and reinforce the defenseless towns, I had already lost four cities and towns to the barbarians. Stripped of gold and with the French sending what few soldiers they had on an ultimately successful mission in recapturing Paris, it didn't take long for them to produce more conscripts and reverse the battle tide.

Now I just have Persepolis and a few other towns, down from over twenty cities. *sniff* But I will make them BURN AND PAY... Somehow.

* - Excuse my language.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: February 05, 2013, 03:42:07 pm »

Got to mom's heart, got it down to 1/3rd health.

Those fucking laser eyeballs!

Binding of isaac.

But the heart soars into the ceiling and only comes down when the eyeballs are dead, does it not? Surely it was something else that killed you. ???

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: February 05, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

I learned the value of seatbelts.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »

My arms were ripped off and I was kicked to the floor!

Toribash.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: February 05, 2013, 07:28:16 pm »

I always seem to get a little bit too cocky around gas stations/anything flammable.

That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: February 05, 2013, 08:08:17 pm »

Did an amazing jump into a group of NC with a grenade and a LMG. Only upon starting to fire my LMG did I realize I was HA, noT LA. A split second later I impacted the ground and splattered.

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1575