Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372828 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8070 on: February 03, 2013, 01:49:15 pm »

I get a radio message about a convoy, and I spend the next day or two tracking it.  Eventually I spot it, and there is only one destroyer that I can see. I go in to attack, and someone spots my periscope.  I launch all my torpedoes in snap shots, and do a crash dive.  All the torps miss, and It turned out that there were two more destroyers hiding somewhere.  They open fire while I'm diving, damage my electric engines, and I eventually reach 100 meters.  I think I'm clear, and then I hear pinging.  And the sound of deph charges in the water.  After an attempt to control the damage, I sink from flooding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: February 03, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

Was working as a scientist, got killed by a chemistry fire.

Got cloned, was killed by a crazy traitor captain with e-sword

Got cloned again, was killed by escape arm explosion.

D:

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: February 03, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »

When you have no source of teleportation, there is precisely two things you can do when a vault dreaming horror on ID 8 drops a solipsist maelstrom on top of your head. The first thing is jack. The second thing is shit. You can do precisely jack shit. No more, and no less.

But it's pretty darn funny when it happens when you're about five steps from the stairs and vainly trying to run for them, getting pulled back into the center of the maelstrom after every turn you try fleeing.

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »

Round 12/20 on Cabin Fever, and my entire team dies in about half a second. I have no idea what went wrong, but I managed to rack up 20 extra kills before I finally died as the last player.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: February 04, 2013, 01:02:24 am »

Round 12/20 on Cabin Fever, and my entire team dies in about half a second. I have no idea what went wrong, but I managed to rack up 20 extra kills before I finally died as the last player.

Seriously? People still play CA? I thought it was too infested with hackers and forgotten long ago. And then one from B12 plays it.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:13 am »

After telling the mastermind behind an operation to steal a bunch of money that he was under arrest, three of his guards burst in from separate doors. Luckily I had I gassed the room prior. Unluckily the gas isn't instant.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: February 04, 2013, 01:32:03 am »

Doing normal lawyer-y things (drinking and playing on the arcade machines) when I hear a report of the clown disabling cameras. I go to talk to the clown before he beats the shit out of me with a crowbar. I manage to wobble away and into the medbay where he breaks off and leaves. I get healed up and things proceed as normal. Then the clown kills a guy, starts rigging doors to crush people, and fucks with atmospherics. The mime manages to release the singularity to convince the AI to call the emergency shuttle. I hide in my office until it's almost time; then run to an escape pod, where I get in one with the captain. It's here that the captain stuns me, chokes me and sucks out my insides. The captain was a changeling. As I found out INSIDE the escape pod. Which is one tile wide. And I was at the front. Sucks yo.

Space Station 13; MSPA server

Is this actually homestuck themed?  What I wouldn't give to RP as a rustblood engineer in the Troll navy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: February 04, 2013, 01:45:21 am »

In a public platoon that's ful up, riding in to counter assault a massive NC offensive. Hotdrop out, everyone except me lands on Target. I instead clip the edge of the cliff arch we were trying to land on, shoving me off and onto the ground. I land safely. Infront of a half dozen deployed engy turrets.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: February 04, 2013, 01:49:44 am »

Started a game with the scenario "Hurt and helpless", which means I got some injuries at start (generally around -50% malus). So, I launch the game :

"You wake up."
"You die of bloodloss."

I laughed. Well, at least I didn't suffered much, unlike the scenario where you start near a Njerk.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: February 04, 2013, 02:04:05 am »

Is this actually homestuck themed?  What I wouldn't give to RP as a rustblood engineer in the Troll navy.

Nope. Just MSPA's unofficial server.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: February 04, 2013, 05:05:17 am »

After finding a mininuke (active!) and a backpack on my shelter mate NPC which I beat to death with a pipe passed away because of a... heart failure, I decided to do the most obvious thing. To nuke one of those triffid groves which had given me oh-so-much trouble and robbed of me of so many good places to start up a base.

So I made my trip to the grove, got about a dozen sticks, and threw them one-at-a-time at the sap-spitting things using a lighter which made them BURN AND DIE after two or three turns. Clearing the entire ground level was easy, and the only challenge was their sap which dropped my torso health to about 40 but no matter! My goal is to nuke them all! Hence I filled my backpack with more 2x2s and continued my journey downstairs.

Downstairs went the same way... or it would have, were it not for the (excuse my language) frigging creepy vines. They just would BURN AND DIE so I quickly punched my way through them and went down the stairs they were guarding. The hub was too powerful to die with two hits of my superior melee skill so I had to ignore him.

Unfortunately, that's when my problems arose. The entire root was... filled with walls when no way to anywhere. So I decided to activate a nuke, throw it, and backup into a corner and hide. It was fantastic, except for one small problem. It wasn't just a mininuke, it was an active mininuke! So as soon as I activated it, it exploded and made me BURN AND DIE.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: February 04, 2013, 06:25:41 am »

Tropico 4; I'm on one of the last campaign missions, and it's sort of a respite from the ridiculous restrictions of the previous few, as I've just regained my position of power in the Caribbean and whatnot in the storyline. I'm pootling along, amassing swiss bank account funds (the win condition for the mission), when suddenly 11 rebels attack my palace. There was no way the populace had been unhappy enough for long enough for 11 to pop up, and they went straight for the game-over building. I hadn't built up my army at all, so I was steamrolled.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: February 04, 2013, 07:44:12 am »

so I was steamtrolled by the developers.
More fitting for that situation.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:37 am »

Turns out making a Fighting deck for use against Steve is a bad idea because Zapdos has resistance to it, and most Fighting cards don't have very strong attacks. Machoke and Machamp do, but I did not find even a single Machoke through the whole game. Machamps and Machops I had aplenty, but no Machokes.

Anyway Zapdos just spammed that Big Thunder attack to kill every card on my bench.
I HATE STEVE. Could never beat that son of a bitch.

The solution is clearly a Burnout deck.  fire with a splash of colorless/fighting.
Also good a water status-effect deck [just maybe not on him].  Man, I miss that game, but it got too easy after a while. . .

My death?  The monster found me hiding in a closet.  Grrr, I spent 20 minutes on that no-save game!

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:04 am »

Well, I faced some difficulties falling asleep in my tent so it led to me rolling around for an hour before finally falling asleep. As soon as I woke up, I noticed many yellow question marks around the tent. Oh dear. As soon as the 'tent flap' was opened, more than sixty zombies came in and nommed on my flesh.

This is the last time I will camp in a city.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1575