Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373316 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8085 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:03 am »

Look on the bright side, they didn't destroy your tent. :D
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:43 am »

After finding a mininuke (active!) and a backpack on my shelter mate NPC which I beat to death with a pipe passed away because of a... heart failure, I decided to do the most obvious thing. To nuke one of those triffid groves which had given me oh-so-much trouble and robbed of me of so many good places to start up a base.

So I made my trip to the grove, got about a dozen sticks, and threw them one-at-a-time at the sap-spitting things using a lighter which made them BURN AND DIE after two or three turns. Clearing the entire ground level was easy, and the only challenge was their sap which dropped my torso health to about 40 but no matter! My goal is to nuke them all! Hence I filled my backpack with more 2x2s and continued my journey downstairs.

Downstairs went the same way... or it would have, were it not for the (excuse my language) frigging creepy vines. They just would BURN AND DIE so I quickly punched my way through them and went down the stairs they were guarding. The hub was too powerful to die with two hits of my superior melee skill so I had to ignore him.

Unfortunately, that's when my problems arose. The entire root was... filled with walls when no way to anywhere. So I decided to activate a nuke, throw it, and backup into a corner and hide. It was fantastic, except for one small problem. It wasn't just a mininuke, it was an active mininuke! So as soon as I activated it, it exploded and made me BURN AND DIE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least your next character won't be bothered by triffids from there.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: February 04, 2013, 10:16:21 am »

Well, I faced some difficulties falling asleep in my tent so it led to me rolling around for an hour before finally falling asleep. As soon as I woke up, I noticed many yellow question marks around the tent. Oh dear. As soon as the 'tent flap' was opened, more than sixty zombies came in and nommed on my flesh.

This is the last time I will camp in a city.

Something similar happened on my second to last death.  Living in a tent out in the wilderness, wake up to another beautiful day only to find my tent under siege by a graboid and a dozen worms.  I made a mad dash for the road but didn't make it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: New Death

I was cooking breakfast and my house exploded.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:02:09 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8088 on: February 04, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

All of the Cataclysm deaths in here please me greatly.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:37 pm »

Someone acid-sprayed me in the face for no reason, then shoved me into cryo.

SS13.

FOR NO RAISAN

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: February 04, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »

Round 12/20 on Cabin Fever, and my entire team dies in about half a second. I have no idea what went wrong, but I managed to rack up 20 extra kills before I finally died as the last player.

Seriously? People still play CA? I thought it was too infested with hackers and forgotten long ago. And then one from B12 plays it.

It's not really infested, it's just a non-zero number (which is still very terrible). The guns are balanced about as well as a drunken sloth trying to juggle plates on a seesaw, but Fireteam and Quarantine are still pretty fun.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: February 04, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »

Damn that double-post.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:05:10 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:51 pm »

After a Disruptor Blaster turned 7/10 of my squad to dust, my three remaining aquanauts (Victor, Helga and Ulrich) went on a rampage. Using captured grenades/disruptors, they've blasted upper level of the colony and generally made such pandemonium, that even the aliens started panicking from the Hell that was set loose.

Sadly, Victor, the main Disruptor launcher operator, then perished to that damned Tentaculat that was hiding in the corner. The other two dealt explosive punishment to the tentaculat.

Helga and Ulrich then descended deep into the alien base. Sneaking through rooms nad using less populated areas, they blew up several Lobstermen with grenades. They had one grenade left, a Plasma Rifle with two shots left, and a fully loaded Gauss Pistol.

They decided to leave the grenade for Symmonium Device in case they find it. They were sneaking around and almost got there, when suddenly Helga was accosted by a zombie - Ulrich got Tentaculat'd! Helga, in a rage, killed the Zombie with gauss pistol, killed emerging Tentaculat with gauss pistol, then let the other Tentaculat zombify her.

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, went the primed Sonic Grenade before sound-liquidifing the room (and the Tentaculat) to mush.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:05:41 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

My army of melee warriors and archers faced a numerically smaller enemy. Piece of cake, I laughed. Oh, they've got some cavalry, I'll just counter them with my spears. Fast forward some minutes and half of my spears are exhausted, running after enemy horsemen, while bulk of their force has pincushioned my remaining melee troops and my archers are fighting a losing battle against overwhelming numbers.

I have no idea how I screwed it up so bad.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »

My army of melee warriors and archers faced a numerically smaller enemy. Piece of cake, I laughed. Oh, they've got some cavalry, I'll just counter them with my spears. Fast forward some minutes and half of my spears are exhausted, running after enemy horsemen, while bulk of their force has pincushioned my remaining melee troops and my archers are fighting a losing battle against overwhelming numbers.

You screwed up by chasing their cavalry. Keep your spears in reserve to countercharge their cavalry next time. Infantry should never, EVER chase cavalry. Ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

You screwed up by chasing their cavalry. Keep your spears in reserve to countercharge their cavalry next time. Infantry should never, EVER chase cavalry. Ever.
Pseudo-ninja'd.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: February 04, 2013, 08:26:31 pm »

You know, with Rome I wouldn't have done that. I mean obviously horse > human, but these sprites just seem like they're sprinting endurance runners. But yeah, definitely a dumb move on my part. I should probably have one of my generals commit seppuku for this.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: February 04, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »

Make sure it's the weak, superangry, idiot, extorting cousin that everyone hates. Because I hate the generals with all bad traits.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:15 pm »

DOGS.
Just after I lost my tank and obliterated the beggar + hellknight army the rng decided to turn the dogs on me. I can take aliens, cyberdemons, beggars, those guards from daggerfall and EVEN jetpack larry, but dogs? ohcrap. They are faster pinkies that come in numbers right out of a zerg rush. At least some burned because of my TF2 flamethrower but that didn't last long.

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »

I heard spiders scuttling around on top of my shack, so I created a one-block hole to punch the spiders through until day arrived. And then a creeper saw me jumping out of the hole and invited himself in. Kaboom.

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1575