Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374542 times)

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7620 on: December 14, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »

Just had an epic dogfight, I was in a Hurricane Mk II vs a bunch of Spitfires, YAKs and assorted German planes. I got very lucky, shot down 3 planes in one pass. Ok, now they're pissed, I should run away through the canyon. So I run, they're right behind me, tracers everywhere around me. I look back... HOLY SHIT theres a furball of 6 planes after me. Keep running. Then a boom, the two leading planes who chased me crashed. 2 more explosions, 1 plane rammed their debris and died too, another one got teamkilled by someone behind him. Another look back, two planes still behind me, but those are weak, I can outclimb them, stall them, then turn around and finish them. So I begin my climb, get higher and higher, eyes on them. I see them losing a lot of speed, there, the first one stalled, time to turn and get them!

Wait, what is that noise?

WRRROUMMM some heavy Bomber clips my tail off with his wing, takes no damage in the process and sends me falling towards the ground... I was so fixated on those behind me I forgot to look ahead and at the airspace around me. :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: December 14, 2012, 05:36:15 pm »

As a very successful early adventurer, having killed two camp chiefs, I strode proudly into a town to report my successes.

IT WAS A SNAKEMAN TOWN. A very useless Snakeman Peasant walked up to me, tore my foot off and then ripped me to shreds.

I walked about 2 feet away from a town, and a Baldur monk attacked me. Being a Professional Axeman, I thought I could handle it. I was beyond terribly wrong. The monk ran towards me, vaporized all the bones in my left leg, and killed me.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: December 14, 2012, 07:07:23 pm »

Having just outran a whole pack of Nosalis, my cart decided that it would be a good idea to flip off the tracks and try to crush me. Luckily I managed to fall into a convenient depression, saving my life. Unluckily standing up somehow pushed me into the featureless plane of greyness.

And then the autosave icon appeared...

EDIT: And I've just realized that I could have reloaded to an earlier level. After overwriting my save. Double rage. Ah, well at least Ranger Difficulty is pretty fun so far. My weapons no longer feel so underwhelming in some situations.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:20:05 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: December 15, 2012, 01:50:06 am »

Doglike creatures ambushed me on the seventh day.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: December 15, 2012, 04:05:25 am »

Having just outran a whole pack of Nosalis, my cart decided that it would be a good idea to flip off the tracks and try to crush me. Luckily I managed to fall into a convenient depression, saving my life. Unluckily standing up somehow pushed me into the featureless plane of greyness.

And then the autosave icon appeared...

To prevent that from happening, you have to look backwards during the downhill portion just moments before the cart flips off the tracks.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: December 15, 2012, 04:10:39 am »

Trying out a handful of used games I picked up, I found that Shatterhand may be the best platformer/beat-em-up I've ever seen. Also, the tall mutants in the sewer level are tough as BALLS. They must have killed me six times by now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: December 15, 2012, 06:44:47 am »

Splattered by the Asylum Demon.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: December 15, 2012, 06:46:11 am »

Tried to fight the Destroyer. It... ended badly, to say the least.

Terraria. Hard mode.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7628 on: December 15, 2012, 09:15:39 am »

Got shoved in front of a train by a man wearing a Batman costume.

D20 modern game that some friends and I are playing.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:25 am »

To prevent that from happening, you have to look backwards during the downhill portion just moments before the cart flips off the tracks.

Alrighty then, I'll try that next time. I must have been checking my six or something when the cut-scene happened.

Also: My latest death was caused by my lack of situational awareness when fighting Nosalises. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- *SPLAT*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:18 pm »

It was a simple task: fly a corvette through some rings.

I crashed into the side of the first one, which was directly ahead.

Another simple task, blow up a dummy destroyer that launches dummy mines. Only, they forgot to tell me they weren't dummies, and that the destroyer shot back with a cannon half the size of my ship. Even my entire stock of Seeker missiles(all 32 of them) didn't kill it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: December 15, 2012, 01:02:49 pm »

Lobstermen. FUCKING LOBSTERMEN.
I miss a terror mission in Japan because my Triton won't refuel fast enough. I'm waiting, and waiting. All my soldiers now have Plastic Aqua Armor, Gauss Rifles, and I'm working on making Medikits and the new Ion Armor for them. Suddenly, a wild swarm of UFOs appear. First, a large UFO, then another one. And another. Finally, a small UFO. That's THREE frakking large UFOs. Shit.
I send the Triton to the nearest one.
Mission begins, and we clear around the ship, despite some assholes inside taking potshots at us through the 'windows'. All but three of my men stack up outside the door. That's eleven soldiers, mkay? A commander, three lieutenants, a whole slew of ensigns and able seamen. All armed to the teeth and ready to kick some ass.
First man through the door gets blasted. I can see three lobsterme. Second man through gets a full round of shooting off, and the guy after him does do. We injure the Lobstermen nearest us. Their turn, they obliterate these two poor bastards. More men pile in, because fuck you, I'm not backing down motherfucker. Before I pile them in, I throw in two grenades and a high explosive device. Then three more men go in. We kill/stun two of them, and realize that there are five of them, not three. We kill/stun another one, and then two of my three men get blasted.
Five out of eleven men down. But I'm not done yet. More pile in, guns blazing. We take down another lobsterman, and one of my ensigns, a Tracey Scot, whom I'm reccommending for some serious gallantry medals, runs out of ammo, drops her gun, and whips out the feared Thermal Tazer. She then proceeds to whup some crustacean ass with it, taking down one lobsterman.
Then, some bad shit happens. Four more lobstermen swarm out of the central elevator bank. My men are cut down in a hail of fire, only killing another lobstermen. A grenade lands outside on what remains of my squad, butchering them. The three men not inside or at the entrance panic.
Tracey Scot, on the other hand, does not panic.
She charges four lobstermen, receives two reaction fire rounds, and puts out another Lobsterman with her stun baton. The next round, the closest lobsterman claws her, FOUR TIMES. She finally dies.
Goddamn lobstermen, I WILL BREAK YOU.
Savescum.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: December 15, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »

We're in Arena_Sawmill. My first loadout sucks. Heavy with L'etranger, Flying Guillotine, and Market Gardener. You'd think that a set THIS bad would get me killed quickly.

NOPE.

In fact, I actually got a kill with the Market gardener by randomly swinging in the direction of an enemy demoman wielding a Fan O-War, and a kill with the L'etranger on a Scout running around with Natascha. I was still alive by round's end.

The map changes. Arena_Nucleus. Soldier with the Blutsauger. Constantly losing 2 health. Fuck. the only other thing I have is a custom weapon called 'The Kopesh Climber' which allows you to climb walls by hitting them. I camp out on a roof and semi-snipe people, slowly gaining health. My team eventually pulls through and we win the round.

By now, you people are asking, so, how did you die?

Well, the next round I lucked out. I got a Pyro with a Rocket launcher AND the Golden Wrench. I immediately built a sentry and ran off to kill stuff.

Only to be pinned to a wall by a soldier with the Brass Beast. My team still won. But without me.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: December 15, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »

A tree from my tree farm grew arms and swatted me into paste.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: December 15, 2012, 10:19:56 pm »

I was fighting a losing battle. I had enough money to buy a plane. Hopefully, it would help me take back what I needed. I forgot to buy it as an empty plane. Oh well, the AI dude in it may be of assistance. I ordered him to fly to a town. He quickly took off, only to curve around a few minutes after flying, do a damn nose dive, and crash into me, killing us both.

ArmA 2. I never recall the AI being so silly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1575