Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370550 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2370 on: April 27, 2011, 02:02:37 pm »

Punched out by a boxing goat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 29, 2011, 06:45:45 am »

Deep space interception by an Ilwrath avenger, while coming back from a mining expedition in the Delta Centaury system. The spiders slaughtered the New Free Worlds' Alliance's flagship "Espoir" in a nasty, close quarter fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:58 am »

Heading down the stairs into the first level of the Puppy Cave, a Kobold stood right next to it. I attacked it once. Missed. He then proceeded to OHKO me.

Bloody Kobolds.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 29, 2011, 06:57:08 am »

Deep space interception by an Ilwrath avenger, while coming back from a mining expedition in the Delta Centaury system. The spiders slaughtered the New Free Worlds' Alliance's flagship "Espoir" in a nasty, close quarter fight.

Yep, them spiders are some nasty shit.
Spoiler: Here's a tip (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 29, 2011, 07:15:52 am »

Was overrun by a combination of Orks and CAHYOOS. Also had a rather amusing in-character chat with the chaos player:

Chaos:Lackey of the False Emporer! Surrender now or die!
Myself: Like hell heretic! My men and I die standing!
Chaos: You have 100  Chaos marines, 20 squads of Demons, and a group Obliterators closing on your base
Chaos: Not counting what the warboss is throwing against you
*At this point a Squiggoth enters the fray and destroys the factory that had a Baneblade at 99%*
Warboss: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Myself: I'll admit, things do look rather grim.
Chaos: So surrender! Offer your soul up to the dark gods and you shall be saved!
*At this point the Squiggoth has started attacking Chaos, turning my base into a massive Mêlée à Trois*
Warboss: Zog it! Kill da chaos boyz az well! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Myself: Well thank the Emperor for THAT
Myself: You alien allies have betrayed you Heretic!
Myself: Lay down your arms and surrender to the Emperor's mercy!
Chaos: Not for all the pleasures of Slaanesh!
*battle continues to rage, I fall back from my outer base towards the inner and start mass-producing Gaurdsmen and Commissars, letting chaos and orks kill each other*
*Chaos wins and starts up his attacck again*
Chaos: I say again, Surrender or die!
Myself: No! Death or Glory!
*battle rages back and forth. Eventually it's just my general+his preachers and psyker, a unit of Ogryns, a unit of Kasrkin, and 1 poor bloody gaurdsmen+angry flashlight+T-Shirt VS a horde of cultists and Marines*
Chaos: ((I don't think I can come up with a suitably epic conclusion to this battle, considering the number of defiler artillery I have))
Myself:((I can))
Myself: Fix Bayonets!
Chaos:((You aren't))
Myself: FOR THE EMPEROR AND TERRA! CHARGE!
*cue epic last stand. Bizarely the lone gaurdsman survived most of the engagement and the Ogryns went down first. Most of the general's unit died when some Berserkers entered the fray, but the general somehow managed to hold his own till everyone else in the army was dead*

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 29, 2011, 07:24:44 am »

Yep, them spiders are some nasty shit.
Spoiler: Here's a tip (click to show/hide)

They didn't need to cloak : Their prey combined low manoeuverability, a depleted crew, and a newbie captain. It was a butchery...
But thanks for the tip!  :)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 29, 2011, 09:44:52 am »

Vista crashed, does that count as dieing?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2377 on: April 29, 2011, 11:07:30 am »

The windows "would you like me to restart now or later, cause I have an update and I don't care what you are doing?" box popped up right as my Panzer II crested the ridge facing a line of entrenched tanks. I got back in the game just in in time to hear "ting, boom". (world of tanks).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 29, 2011, 11:14:56 am »

Playing SD Gundam Online again. I was trying to level up my Shining Gundam to get Shining Gundam Super Mode.

I join a melee-only match, thinking it'll be easy since the Shining Gundam is pretty good at melee. However, the other team had not one, but THREE God Gundam's, which are pretty much the best melee suits in the game, being unflinchable to close combat attacks when Hyper Mode activates and also throwing afterimages to mess up your aiming.

Needless to say, I died a good 12-15 times, and our team lost horribly.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00:08 pm »

I triggered the self-destruction mechanism in my big cloning-base/mutagen research lab, failed, killed everyone but a turret and my brain, then i took control of the turret and railgunned the grey out of that fish bowl!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 29, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »

I triggered the self-destruction mechanism in my big cloning-base/mutagen research lab, failed, killed everyone but a turret and my brain, then i took control of the turret and railgunned the grey out of that fish bowl!
Game?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 29, 2011, 12:06:45 pm »

Got a bugged bluemetal spire in my third cavern, unleashed the Fun when I dug my first tile.
And it was my first time, too. >:[

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »

I insta-failed the tutorial to Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines when I got spotted by some enemy vampire.
I've always wanted to try this game out. Is it a good buy?

Game?
Cortex Command, if I'm not mistaken.
Edit: Re-reading the description, I probably got that wrong. But the mention of a brain and then ''taking control'' of a turret made it seem to be the most obvious first choice. Then again, what is making me doubt myself now is the ''grey out of the fish bowl'' part, but that could just be a
reference to the enemy player's brain, I guess.

Come on dudes, do I really have to tell you the game?
Hmmm.... Minecraft? :P

And my death; either shot by enemy rifles while hiding in one of my fox-holes (Ace of Spades Beta), or burnt to death by enemy Pyros (Team Fortress 2). Can't actually remember which I played last, but I do recall that while giving the Pyro class another try in TF2 that there were some fairly proficient players on the other team who were giving me a good run for my money (they were playing Pyro too). They would've completely dominated me if I hadn't looked up a strategy guide a few hours beforehand. Who would've guessed that one of the classes that initially seems to be extremely cheap and shallow, could be so challenging and fun to play as. PYROS ARE COOL, PEOPLE!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:45:01 pm by gumball135 »
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2383 on: April 29, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »

Game?
Edit: Re-reading the description, I probably got that wrong. But the mention of a brain and then ''taking control'' of a turret made it seem to be the most obvious first choice. Then again, what is making me doubt myself now is the ''grey out of the fish bowl'' part, but that could just be a

Sounds like the original fallout endgame, but I don't think they added rail guns until Fallout 2.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 30, 2011, 11:47:37 am »

Game?

Yup! Its Cortex Command, i got alot of mods on it, so i can do clones of different soldiers, and i got syringes with crab DNA for example, a notable mod is Unitec, damn its useful, with its SAM and stuff. And the grey i blew out was of my own, hence that i triggered the base self destruct nuke. It was a ceiling mounted Unitec LAS-R-G, wich is just some kind of railgun turret, kicks rad when that stupid enemy dummy is in my chamber, attempting to dig out my greys, vile bastards.. Also i failed the mission "First Signs", wich is near impossible to fail, i got impaled by some giant mother crabs leg, while ordering a Mech with plasma guns to come down and melt its poor guts out.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1575