Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 273773 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #1065 on: November 04, 2015, 01:36:52 pm »

My current fort is named "Rockransacked". Given that I intend to channel out nearly all the stone in between the cavern layers (I will spare less than 10 inter-cavern layers) and dig out almost everything else, it's going to be a very, very fitting name.

My first dwarf to gain a title in Lancedweakened, a female axelord, was dubbed "the Virginal Crow." I just wish this had happened on a glacier.
I don't get it.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 04, 2015, 02:55:11 pm »

My first dwarf to gain a title in Lancedweakened, a female axelord, was dubbed "the Virginal Crow." I just wish this had happened on a glacier.
I don't get it.
I guess because crows don't show up on glacier biomes, so "The Virginal Crow" would be "virginal" by being the first crow on the glacier. Except the crow is a dwarf with a big axe.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 05, 2015, 02:32:50 pm »

I don't get it.
I guess because crows don't show up on glacier biomes, so "The Virginal Crow" would be "virginal" by being the first crow on the glacier. Except the crow is a dwarf with a big axe.
Oh. I thought it was some kind of innuendo.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 05, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »

I got the randomly named fortress of "Ultradeath" a while ago. I don't think I still have the save, but that gave me a laugh when I embarked.

Mike_B20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 06, 2015, 08:40:58 am »

A dwarf called Iki Waspcups was deposed as lord.

The latest news from Crowdmonstrous is that several years ago The Tired Group gave up on their occupation of the site.

The Angelic Society fled before an army of The Monster of Sneers.
The Weak Coalition of Crying also fled before The Monster of Sneers.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 06, 2015, 09:37:29 am »

I got the randomly named fortress of "Ultradeath" a while ago. I don't think I still have the save, but that gave me a laugh when I embarked.
Tired of Permadeath? Try Ultradeath! When you die in the game, you die for real!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 06, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

I was recording a video for youtube, and I was looking at the Dorf I named after myself's relationships.
His deity:
Symmetry Balancedequal the Symmetric Stability of Neutralization
This is one of those moments where I remember why I'm working on expanding the language files.
The only options in the randomizer for his name were these --
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1072 on: November 07, 2015, 10:49:28 pm »

What?  What randomizer, where'd you get that list?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 08, 2015, 04:31:52 am »

Randomizer..  obviously referring to the name generator.
That's a snippet of language_SYM.txt from the raws.
I had a dragon named Insurancemoney in one of my testing worlds. He burned his own house down. Probably.
Both of those words are additions to the WEALTH symbol from the mod I mentioned I'm working on.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 09, 2015, 10:20:44 am »

It can get worse, Jay.  With some fiddling, you can end up with all of your dwarves named Urist Uristurist.  The closest you can get in vanilla is Urist Tilaturist ("Tilat" roughly translating to "Mc").  Yes, someone has that as their forum name.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

soulsource

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 20, 2015, 02:01:14 pm »

Currently my dwarfs keep creating artwork relating to a sasquatch named "Cleanlulls the Combination of Noses".
Quote from: Porkins Windu
Really, DF and Metal are practically the same. Drunkenness, Death, Depression, Depravity, Despondence, Demons, Dementia, Darkness. And thats just the D's!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1076 on: November 26, 2015, 10:26:41 am »

Boyfriend created a new world, and got these:

The Cremation of Wiping.  We can't decide if it's flaming toilet paper, or someone pulled all the levels labled 'MAAAAAAGMMMAAAAA'.

the Fisher-Magicians of Striking  BF: I'm imagining these wizards with fishing poles marching around with signs now.

The Slick Canyon

the Fellowship of Uniting

the Band of Screams

The Band of Glowing (Me: Obviously Devo in the Worried Man video)

The Sloppy Group

The Scorpion of Glumness

The Violent Whips

the Laconic Beers

Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 27, 2015, 10:55:58 pm »

Build your dream fort in the scenic Plains of Vomit, where it mostly rains human blood and the dead never stay dead for very long! Be sure to visit the conveniently located goblin fortresses and necromancer towers!

(Now offering low-rate mortgages with no down payments!)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1078 on: November 29, 2015, 10:52:53 am »

Build your dream fort in the scenic Plains of Vomit, where it mostly rains human blood and the dead never stay dead for very long! Be sure to visit the conveniently located goblin fortresses and necromancer towers!

(Now offering low-rate mortgages with no down payments!)

Oh it sounds lovely!  We'll bring the kids :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:48 pm »

It was inevitable.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93