Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 273980 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:01 pm »

Lovely, did you make it just for me?
One wheel short of a wagon

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #1036 on: May 20, 2015, 11:37:16 pm »

One of my dwarves named one of his shields rather nicely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

bernhari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 22, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

A dwarven deity of metals named The Silver of Copper.

That must be the most unoriginal name ever.

soulsource

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:18 am »

It seems that one of the monsters to test the quality of my fortress defences was doomed to do this from birth.
The poor thing was called Stâsost Testmonster.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Porkins Windu
Really, DF and Metal are practically the same. Drunkenness, Death, Depression, Depravity, Despondence, Demons, Dementia, Darkness. And thats just the D's!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1039 on: June 30, 2015, 07:51:40 am »

I just genned a world for Deathsword's Dwemer Fort Mod, and got some good civ names:

The Coalition of Style (They're fabulous!)

The Pusses of Kneading -- has to be Khajiit.

The Entrance of Cacti-- OWW!

The Lungs of Grizzling (am guessing they do a lot of whining)

The Realm of Fondling--make your own jokes here!

The Society of Lathering--Main export would no doubt be soap

The Neutral Band --If we die, tell my wife I said 'Hello'

The Unholy Black Fire  --that one is awesome

The League of Pulling  --I bet their one-handed skill is through the roof.

The Group of Lovers --Ohh, myyyyy

Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1040 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »

Well, I'm back, with an ash demon name:

Rekos Lustdrool the Seducer of Hogs.

There's a civ called Candyskin.  Someone mod this.

And an FB called Pecawi the Thief of Hearts lol.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1041 on: August 15, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

Nobody Will Tell In The End was a legendary mongoose leather-bound book.  The written portion consists of a 189-page autobiography entitled Nobody Will Tell In The End, authored by Leto Quakewilt.  It concerns the human necromancer Leto Quakewilt.  The writing is thoroughly mechanical.

Start Your Day With The Tower: Get your zombie coffee!  Guaranteed to wake you up, lethally poison you, and reanimate the remains!  Only at Silverylead.  Made by Bomrek Doorsummit.

The Tall Hill: Isn't that just a mountain?

The Big Dune: Again, really sounds like a mountain.

"The Bodices of Silver": Really?

"The Palace of Guts": A good name for once, considering it's the name of a ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ [CENSORED] full of ▓▓▓▓▓▓ [CENSORED].  In the older versions, some ▓▓▓▓▓▓ [CENSORED] would decorate the place with organs and tortured sapients.

"The Wordy Goat": That market must sell a lot of talkative goats sheep.  Because otherwise it's just too obvious.

"The Scraped Cloud", built by the "Euphoric Fellowship."  Skyscrapers, anyone?  Mead halls could go pretty high, I guess...

The Dwarf The Easy Way: Necromancer's Meta-Tutorial to Dwarf Fortress
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 27, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »

In my Civilzation, "The Bent Hammers," there is a fortress called "Nutshoots."

Ouch.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 03, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

I was wandering through a human town today when I ran into a holy site called "The Abbey of Hell".
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 04, 2015, 03:04:41 am »

Dwarven Deity: Mothram Orngimidar "Mothram the Unremarkable Dog"

Most often takes the form of a rotting male dog and is associated with jealousy, death and blight.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

StumpytheOzzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 07, 2015, 01:09:40 am »

I put this in the other thread about favourite names but I think it also belongs here.

The odorous bodices.
Jesus doesn't embark in terrifying biomes, and these forums certainly count.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1046 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:27 pm »

Even though I've read these all before, somehow reading them with my boyfriend and his friends makes it even funnier.  They don't even play! :D

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:38 am »

I have an artifact iron amulet called "Elmbetad Nazomegur, Swayedmatch the Dreamy Sorrow".  It menaces with spikes of native silver.  I'm worried the creator not only read Twilight but is on team {whichever one isn't a werewolf}. 

One of my axe lords has named his axe "Tustemruzos, The Courteous Extrication." 
A swordmaster named Lor Spearfocused has named his sword "Edtuldesor, Groovedtrance."  I guess he likes fullers. 

I also have interesting names in historical events. 
Bluntglacier, an apparently human settlement in The Massive Forests.  Someone was killed there by a tiger during "The Attack of Violence." 
There's an elven civ named The Hail of Carnage.  The humans attacked them in "The Splattered Battle."  And I'm sure with iron weapons against wood there was a lot of splattering and a hail of carnage. 
Dunesdance is an apparently elven settlement, also in The Massive Forests.  I'm starting to get suspicious about these "forests."
Lema Skirtsoared, the elf ripped the right lower arm off Quithe Youthfulsmile, the elf during "The Outrageous Sieges."  It sounds like someone didn't like having her soaring skirt looked up.
An elf named Ohe Dangercourage killed a less interesting fellow during "The Assault of Martyring."
I had a forest titan named Fepa Mistytufts, the Plain Deer.  I think it was a spider made of steam.
Also during The Assault of Martyring, an elf with the surname Hammerspoon killed another elf with the suspiciously un-elfish surname Fellbronze. 
A human named Kafek Jokecottage smashed the second to, right foot of an elf during "The Assault of Rage."  I'm sure they both laughed about it afterwards. 
An elf named Cimathi Romanticfangs was killed by a nameless goblin.  Good riddance to vampire sympathizers. 

Everyone should browse their statues occasionally.  It's satisfying to see elves killed by bobcats even if that one had a boring name. 

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 27, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »

I genned a world today with a region known as The Plain of Naughtiness.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1049 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:25 pm »

I just got a Dwarven civ called "The Sour Tower".

Well, you're not supposed to lick it!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 93