Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94121 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 39: Ochita is saved!
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2010, 05:37:41 pm »

For a better definition, I originally intended for the remove curse spell to apply only to status effects, but you had such a good idea about removing negative modifiers on equipment I'm going to also say remove curse can remove any negative enchantment, which would also include the sort of area wide enchantments that Kilakan has done a couple, only if they're negative though.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »

Sorry thought the zombie horde was at the north gate too, anyways that's where I want to end up so I changed my action, also didn't realize that gardios actually says things in his quote..... How hard would a burning rain spell/enchantment be to make, think small embers falling from the sky on a large area.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 13, 2010, 07:22:55 pm »

Would you want it to catch things on fire or just damage combatants?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2010, 07:25:50 pm »

either catch things on fire, or damage people who stand in a certain area
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2010, 08:10:37 pm »

well, depends on the size of the area, it'd actually be easier to do both as that wouldn't require as much control, but if you just wanted one, the difficulty modifier would probably be around 12 or so for a small-medium area.  It's a bit harder to make it rain fire than rain water.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:23 pm »

Um... Does the fire affinity do anything other than fire resistance? Does it get better?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:10 pm »

oui, not that it matters at level one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2010, 01:50:48 am »

Ochita still can't walk, so I hold position nearby, ready to protect him should anything attack.

Also, boo... I did get Ochita to Dor'lek, like Gardios asked. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2010, 02:54:05 am »

Gah, I just realized Frelock didn't bold his action and now I'm too tired to post >.>  I guess it'll be done tomorrow, sorry guys.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2010, 06:08:44 am »

We can wait, its worth it.  :P

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »

Sorry, it's now bolded.  I was kinda in a rush back then.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 40: DEMONIC DEATH COMES FOR YOU!
« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2010, 07:30:48 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue to fire at the zombies through any holes in the gate.

[2+1] [(4+2)/2=3 damage]  You fire at the zombies and hit a couple of them, better than none.

Quote from: Ochita
Look for a sword and some type of armor, leather.

[1-1=0]  FORGET THAT BROKEN LEG!  I'M FINDIN'.... OH GOD THE PAIN IS UNIMAGINABLE!!! [1 damage]

Quote from: kilakan
Attempt to find the town guards (south gate?) take out my staff and use the new fireball spell on any enemies I see.  When I get there attempt to get to a high location

[2]  You attempt to find the town guards.  You find several militia men trying to find things to brace the gate, you decide to help them as you can't seem to find any other guard-like figures.  [2]  You don't really find anything useful for bracing the gate and [3] neither do the militia men, other than a couple planks of wood.

Quote from: Frelock
Go help Gardios in attacking the demons.

[6]  You run fowards towards the demon gate.  "FRELOCK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!  NO!"  [Cultist/gate Roll:  4]  The Cultists see you approaching, instantly all their eyes begin to glow red as they all begin to cast some kind of foul ritual.  Three of the cultists begin taking on monstrous forms.  One sprouts leathery wings and flies up into the air.  "You . . . will. . . die."  He says as he begins raining down demonic hellfire on the town. 

[Defense Roll Frelock:  4]  [Defense Roll Gardios:  6]  [Defense Roll Dor'lek:  4]  [Defense Roll Ochita:  1]  [Defense Roll Malgun:  2]  [Damage Frelock:  5-1=4] [Damage Dor'lek:  3]

As he rains down the Hellfire, Frelock and Dor'lek get hit directly in the chest, Gardios dodges out of the way and the demon misses Malgun and Ochita, much to their relief.

The other two cultists arms explode in a shower of gore as a demonic black arm replaces it, this new arm is oversized for their human bodies and is hard as stone.  There are three red looking fingers at the end of these arms.

[Demon Hand Cultist 1: 2]  The first Demon Hand Cultist heads towards Frelock, but Frelock manages to parry his hand as it tries to grasp for him and throw him against the wall.

[Demon Hand Cultist 2: 4]  The Second Demon Hand Cultist runs towards Gardios, picks him up and throws him against the wall with a howl of rage.  [8-3-2=3 damage]  Thankfully Gardios is well protected against physical attacks.

[Frelock Attack Roll:  6]  Frelock attempts to attack the Demon Hand Cultist, but it proves much more nimble than anything with such an over-sized hand should be.

Quote from: CoughDrop
On his way back to help Gardios, Dor'lek downs his weak mana potion and attempts to cast his Shield spell on Gardios as quick as possible.

[5]  With the situation growing worse by the moment you decide there's never going to be a better time to drink the mana potion.  You do so and begin casting a shield spell on Gardios to protect him from these grave threats.  Thankfully it's an incredibly powerful shield, at least twice as powerful as the one normally produced by the spell.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Ochita still can't walk, so I hold position nearby, ready to protect him should anything attack.

[1] And does it ever attack.  You lift your rifle up and attempt to shoot at the Winged Demon Cultist but it dodges out of the way.  Damn flying things being more nimble than zombies!

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Use a number 3 in my caster pistol, shoot the Demon Hand Cultist.  Pray to the heavens for some kind of assistance.

[5]  With a flash, the Legion Demon Horde disappears into nothingness.  Unfortunately most of the demonic cultist appear to be resistant to it's effects. (I modified health directly, as there would have been so many rolls it would have been distracting)  [3] [(2+4+3)/2=5 damage]  With a shot to the Gardios hopes to distract the Demon Hand Cultist, however it seems to be immune to pain and merely roars in anger.

Enemy Turns

Zombie Army:
[6+1=7]  The gate begins to crack and splinter, soon the zombies will be swarming across the town unless serious action is taken quickly.

All Demon Turns were taken in Frelock's Action

Demon Gate:
[4]  On the other side of the Demon Gate you can see several gruesome and powerful looking demons approaching.

Enemy Status

Zombie Army:
Health:  287-56=231 Health

Legion Demon Horde *dead*

Winged Demon Cultist 1
Health:  28
Mana:  500

Demon Hand Cultist 1
Health:  48

Demon Hand Cultist 2
Health:  43

Transforming Cultist 1
Health:  11

Transforming Cultist 2
Health:  11
Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's

Well, the end battle is upon you, the gate is going to start pumping out more powerful demons and you obviously have the cultists who are turning into demons to deal with.  I wish you would have followed Gardios's advice and deal with the weaksause zombie army first so the guards could assist you with this.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2010, 07:39:59 pm »

Make sure the guards are prepared for the zombies breaking through and try to have a formation organised so that we can stop them from running rampant through the city.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2010, 07:44:27 pm »

well crap....... humm.
Drain the energy from my amulet of light, and drink the mana potion, then cast a mix of a elemental and enchanting spell on the gates where the zombie army is breaking through, to cause the gates to harden and turn to stone, while also locking themselves to the ground and walls, making so they can't be pushed open or down.
AHHHHH!!!!!!
Nom nom nom

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 40: DEMONIC DEATH COMES FOR YOU!
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2010, 08:28:48 pm »

Oh dear... It appears the animal fecal waste has impacted with the rotatory air circulation device. Big time too.

Your best hope is for the representitive to arrive with knights and priests. Be sure to protect the town's priest, as she will be vital in helping you guys to stay alive. Perhaps you should get her to look at Ochita's leg? I would advise with dealing with the zombies first, but the priority here is to close that portal and kill those two transforming cultists before they morph out into something nasty. Don't forget, if it all goes to hell, you can bail out of the town and run for it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 116