Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94116 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 40: DEMONIC DEATH COMES FOR YOU!
« Reply #495 on: November 14, 2010, 08:42:15 pm »

well If I don't blow myself up, turn myself to stone, or melt my own brain.  the zombies will be dealt with.  Also
Norrec: Can what I'm hoping to do, have even a small chance of succeeding?
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 14, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »

yes, it might work, it's worth a try as, in fact, you'll need the assistance to hopefully down the cultists and demons about to come out.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:54 pm »

Righteous fury the flier, attack one of the transforming cultists.

Two quick questions; why did my 6 to attack do nothing, and does my shield's +2 against ranged attacks help against magically summoned missiles?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 14, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »

6 did nothing because that falls as a dodge on the scale, and if the missile is magical in nature (i.e. elemental bolt) no, if it's a physical bolt summoned magically, then yes.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 15, 2010, 12:21:16 am »

Ah, forgot about the dodge part.  Thanks.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 15, 2010, 01:00:52 am »

"I knew I should have taken that anti-demonic class back home," Dor'lek thinks to himself. Cast Just Retribution at the first transforming cultist as well as try to seek some cover after casting.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 15, 2010, 04:30:23 am »

I take aim at the flying demon cultist and shoot at him. We have to take these three down quickly and this one looks to be the most dangerous.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 39: Ochita is saved!
« Reply #502 on: November 15, 2010, 11:38:14 am »

well crap....... humm.
Drain the energy from my amulet of light, and drink the mana potion, then cast a mix of a elemental and enchanting spell on the gates where the zombie army is breaking through, to cause the gates to harden and turn to stone, while also locking themselves to the ground and walls, making so they can't be pushed open or down.
AHHHHH!!!!!!
Help him!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 15, 2010, 01:38:40 pm »

I'm the only one actually dealing with the huge zombie horde, and also the only one down there..... so yay for soloing!
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 39: Ochita is saved!
« Reply #504 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:23 pm »

Make sure the guards are prepared for the zombies breaking through and try to have a formation organised so that we can stop them from running rampant through the city.

Flintus would would be down there as well.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 15, 2010, 02:06:35 pm »

ahh well if I fail, then his back-up plan should help alot
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 41: Gardios is rag doll!
« Reply #506 on: November 16, 2010, 02:39:08 am »

Quote from: Flintus10
Make sure the guards are prepared for the zombies breaking through and try to have a formation organised so that we can stop them from running rampant through the city.

[4]  You organize all the guards and militiamen into a formation ready to stop the zombie army if they break through the gate.  The Captain of the Guard approaches you and thanks you for your help.

Quote from: Kilakan
Drain the energy from my amulet of light, and drink the mana potion, then cast a mix of a elemental and enchanting spell on the gates where the zombie army is breaking through, to cause the gates to harden and turn to stone, while also locking themselves to the ground and walls, making so they can't be pushed open or down.
Quote from: Ochita
Help him(kilakan)!

[6-1=5]  Sensing his assistance was needed, Ochita gets up on one leg and hops all the way to Kilakan and directs him towards the South Gate.  Working together they [1+3+4+2=10 of 10]  Manage to turn the wooden gate into stone, keeping the zombies from knocking it down.  The guards look much relieved and let out a cheer in honor of Ochita and Kilakan

Quote from: Frelock
Righteous fury the flier, attack one of the transforming cultists.

[2]  Your try to hit the Winged Cultist with Righteous Fury, however it covers itself with it's wings and the spell bounces harmlessly off.  [6]  You run forwards towards the Transforming cultists and [5] [(2+4)x2=12 damage]  You cut the transforming cultist's head off in a single blow cutting the foul transformation short.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I take aim at the flying demon cultist and shoot at him. We have to take these three down quickly and this one looks to be the most dangerous.

[5] [(3+3+1)x2=14 damage]  You line up a careful shot and hit the Winged Cultist straight in the back.  He lowers a little bit, looking like he's about to fall, but ultimately rights himself and returns to his former height.

Quote from: CoughDrop
"I knew I should have taken that anti-demonic class back home," Dor'lek thinks to himself. Cast Just Retribution at the first transforming cultist as well as try to seek some cover after casting.

[5] [(2+4)x2=12]  With a blast of holy energy, the other foul transforming cultist disappears into light with a shriek.  You wipe your brow, thankful for the transforming cultists have been dealt with.  [2]  Looking around for some kind of cover, you find none from where you can still get a decent shot off at the foul demons.

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Shoot Demon Hand Cultist 2, Taunt all the demons into attacking me.

[3] [(1+4+3)/2=4 damage]  Shooting towards the Demon Hand Cultist, the bullet hits the Cultists rock-hard demonic arm, causing very little damage.  [5]  Gardios begins to radiate mana, attracting all demons into attacking him with his immense outlay of pure power as he circles it around him and back into his energy reserves.

Enemy Turns

Zombie Army:  [3+1-3=1]  The zombies beat ineffectually against the gate, it'll probably hold until the demons are defeated.

Winged Demon 1:  [2]  The Winged Cultist rushes down towards Gardios and attempts to claw at his face, but misses, much to Gardios's delight.  [6]  Attempting to cast a spell Gardios dodges out of the way as the Hellfire crashes into the ground where Gardios was standing, lighting a small fire.

Demon Hand Cultist 1:  [5] [8x2=16-3-2=11 damage] The Demon Hand Cultist grabs Gardios and throws him to the ground.  Thankfully the shield absorbs all the damage and saves Gardios from any pain. 

Demon Hand Cultist 2:  [5] [4x2=8-3-2=3 damage]  The Second Demon Hand Cultist grabs Gardios by the leg and throws him across the road into a shop.  Thankfully the shield is still holding up, not for much longer at this rate however.

Demon Gate:  [1]  You see several Legion Demons approaching as the Bloated corpses and Spine Demons exit the portal

Enemy Status

Zombie Army:
Health:  231-12=219 Health

Winged Demon Cultist 1
Health:  14
Mana:  495

Demon Hand Cultist 1
Health:  48

Demon Hand Cultist 2
Health:  39

Transforming Cultist 1*dead*

Transforming Cultist 2*dead*

Bloated Corpse 1
Health:  3

Bloated Corpse 2

Bloated Corpse 3

Spine Demon 1
Health:  20

Spine Demon 2
Health:  20

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPC's

Wow, Gardios had terrible luck this turn, at least you know I'm not messing with his rolls to make him look more bad-ass :P

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2010, 06:16:17 am »

Well I suppose it was for the best but the epic battle with zombies would have been fun. still nice work guys, guess my guy is more suited to fightin demons anyways.

Tell the soldiers they did well and they should now find and protect any civilians. meanwhile I will head up to the battle with the demons and send some necrophite bolts at the winged demon cultist.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:13 am »

Bang, Bang, Bang.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:06 am »

want to be a little more specific what you are shooting at?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 116