Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94070 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 33: Siege of Zaludthur
« Reply #375 on: November 05, 2010, 05:01:44 pm »

:D

But seriously, if Malgun's big thing is going to be construction & tech use, I'd better play it up as much as possible. Also, good idea, Kilakan. Too bad zombies aren't sentient enough to panic when they're on fire.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 05, 2010, 05:06:46 pm »

I Guess I will have my weapons with me. Plus I can tell when people lie but I don't know what I can really do other than attack with the bar stool. I need to increase my damage...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »

Enchant the Barstool with a simple something.  Get Serious to Balance and attach a weight stone to your Bar Stool in order to optimize it's efficiency.  Here I'm going to list some simple construction options that Malgun, or really anybody can attempt to do right NOW to improve weapons or armor.

Sharpen swords/axes
Balance weapons to allow them to be easier to wield (allows 2 attacks instead of 1)
Weight Stone attached Maces and other Blunt Weapons
Stud leather armor to allow more protection
Add spikes to blunt weapons in order to add puncture damage.
and lastly barb sharp weapons to allow them to rip flesh.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2010, 07:53:26 pm »

I'm also willing to do an enchant your item for money or an item exchange at any time once the seige is over.  If you ask nicely I shall do it for free.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 05, 2010, 08:04:32 pm »

I HAVE +2 you have plus... 3... Well If you do it then I wont blame you for this...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 05, 2010, 09:23:02 pm »

I HAVE +2 you have plus... 3... Well If you do it then I wont blame you for this...
Well this is fun and all, plus a great way to kick off our epic journy, but ya I saved ya I may as well keep you alive.  Haha ya what would you like me to try when this is over, so I know how much mana I should plan to save?
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2010, 11:11:37 pm »

Hmm, I think when I get a free moment and some spare materials I might try studding my leather armor. Quick note, you want any of those modifications done, come to me; I won't charge much, if anything... Maybe a few bullets so I can stay out of melee.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 34: Gardios has an A.D.D. moment
« Reply #382 on: November 06, 2010, 03:12:22 am »

Quote from: Ochita
SWING SWING SWING To the temple.

[5] (heads no damage to Frelock) [(4+2)x2=12 Damage]  Swinging your bar stool around, you hit the zombies.  With two hits you take out three zombies a piece severing their top halves from their lower halves.  Thankfully Frelock had the foresight to get out of the way of your blows.  [3]  You begin to walk off towards the temple, but decide to wait for Frelock to join you before you head out.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Same as last turn, try and get to the plague infestor located at the temple.

You arrive at the temple district and at see a hideous plague infector trying to raise the dead in the graveyard.  It must be brought to justice.  [4] [(2+6)x3(heads)=24 damage]  The Plague Infector begins to writhe with pain, it's pores shooting toxic blood out into the air and splashing on the ground all around it [luck roll: 1]  It landed directly into your open mouth.  Ohhh, that's not going to end well.

Quote from: Flintus10
Gather some citizens and get them armed and tell them if they wish to live they will follow my orders.

[2]  You run through the streets, trying to find some civilians but they all appear to have disappeared into their houses now, the stench of rotting flesh obviously cueing something is wrong.  You return to the South gate for some reason.  [13x3=39 damage]  The guardsmen are doing better against holding off the zombies, their numbers being slightly reduced now.  [2]  Looking at the vast army of them though you begin to lose hope.

(I had you return to the same spot for simplicities sake of keeping track of where everyone is)

Quote from: Frelock
Kill the stupid zombies! Righteous Fury if I need to.

[5] [(2+3)x2=10 damage]  With the zombies finally caught off-guard by Ochita's rampage with a bar stool, you finish the rest of them off by slicing their heads off.  You rub your hand against your head.  "That could have gone a lot better."

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
It looks like that one zombie is rallying the rest... maybe if I can take him out, it would weaken them all? Using my knowledge of construction, I look around for a weak point that I could shoot on a large structure. Maybe I can get lucky and collapse a wall onto him or something...

[6+4=10 out of 10] Looking at the Zombie General you see that he will in particular be a nuisance if allowed to live.  You look for a spot where if you hit it, you might be able to kill him.  You see abundant loose tiles on the roof of the building.  It looks like only one tile is holding them all in place, here goes nothing.  [4]  Shooting the tile, you manage to get a chain reaction going.  The tiles squash the Zombie General underneath their combined weight.  Now if only the Plague Infestors were so easy to dispose of.

Quote from: kilakan
Cast earth skin on myself and attack the horde closest to me that isn't on fire.  If there isn't any in the market district that's not on fire head to the temple and attack the first horde I get to.
  (You do not have sufficient mana for that action, thus I have chosen to change your action to Earth Skin + Physical Attack)

[5]  You cast Earth skin on yourself, and a particularly powerful version at that.  Charging head long towards the temple you head straight for the zombies besieging the doors.  [2]  Unfortunately melee combat isn't your strong suit and you miss the zombies and strike the steps of the temple, you have stopped them from battering the doors down though.

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Get weapons, rush to Town Hall

[1]  Gardios stands there stunned, looking at Ochita.  "Are you using a bar stool as a mace?"  Staring at the strange scene, Gardios completely forgets about collecting his weapons and awaits a response from Ochita.

Spoiler: Enemy Turns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Status of Zaludthur:
Temple:  1 turn until forced open (paused)
Town Hall:  1 turns until forced open
Civilians Alive: 514 (5 dead, 31 undead)
Houses Intact:  62/64
Graveyard:  150/250 graves intact, 100/250 graves immune, 0/250 graves defiled

Time:  8:30, 1 hour 30 minutes until the Representative arrives. 

Just a question, how do you guys like the siege, to hard, not hard enough, or just right?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 06, 2010, 04:11:09 am »

The infestors can't be reanimated as well, can they? O_O

BLEGH! BY NORREC THAT TASTES FOUL! Attempt to take cover behind something and cast cure disease on my... mouth I guess. This is going to take a lot of brushing to get rid of the taste, though. Be prepared for another Destroy Undead spell on the infestor ASAP.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2010, 05:19:35 am »

Dash to the temple, slicing through any zombies that get in my way.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2010, 07:17:36 am »

No problem where I ended up didn't matter because:

I will stand on the wall and begin my moral boosting and dramatic battle speech to fire up the soldiers.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:34 am »

Call for help from the temple, and continue attacking the undead, attempt to set the most on fire as opposed to going for the kills.
Also I have melee weapons rank 2 doesn't that add a plus one to my rolls?
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2010, 09:29:10 am »

Enchant my barstool to do more damage and... Protect the temple!
"Yes Guy I am wielding a barstool. Wait until I get a pipe!" (Shadow hearts 2...)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2010, 10:00:01 am »

Enchant my barstool to do more damage and... Protect the temple!
"Yes Guy I am wielding a barstool. Wait until I get a pipe!" (Shadow hearts 2...)
well thanks for the help, I figure I have 3 turns until I potentially die when my skin wears off.  Also I'll make you a heart-re-starter shirt later, and  I have one now so If I die, I'll come back the turn after so don't leave me for dead, eh, and I'll watch you.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2010, 11:13:14 am »

"Scratch one zombie," I say, ejecting the spent shell casing as the roof collapses on the general. With that one taken care of, I have a bit of time to observe the situation, and I notice someone else outside about to get swarmed. It's going to have to be a plain shot... I can't risk trying the same thing here, I think, ejecting the clip to check the amount of bullets left. Two in the clip, one in the chamber... I'll have to reload soon. I put the clip back in and take aim through the scope at some of the zombies around Khan.

Having never played through a siege scenario before, I have nothing to compare it to, but I have to say I like being a sniper right now. I prefer being support anyway.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:15:49 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116