Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94027 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 23: Charred to the Bones
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2010, 02:03:36 pm »

Or use the most inexpensive elemental magic spell and cast it using water. "They call me firetruck!" harharhar.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2010, 02:18:50 pm »

Attempt to ward my robes with an anti-fire enchantment, to prevent myself burning to death, and to ward off fire from now on.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 24, 2010, 02:49:37 pm »

Aim at the head of the demon, Burst.

(Ho ho, I realised that demons would like to use fire. Its such a usual element to be used. And I can't help at all :C)

EDIT:Also someone help me skin this thing, I want good armor and weapons damn it.

Actually...
Smother him! (Kilakan) (In a way that will not kill him)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:19:13 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 24, 2010, 04:30:38 pm »

Aim at the head of the demon, Burst.

(Ho ho, I realised that demons would like to use fire. Its such a usual element to be used. And I can't help at all :C)

EDIT:Also someone help me skin this thing, I want good armor and weapons damn it.

Actually...
Smother him! (Kilakan)
SO you couldn't just thank me for helping save you, no you have to kill me.  ;P
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 24, 2010, 05:19:30 pm »

In a way that will not kill him
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2010, 11:50:05 pm »

Waiting for Serious, I think I'll only do one weekend update from now on, gives people a break, and usually somebody isn't here anyhow, so it'll just be easier with one weekend update, 1 update per weekday.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2010, 03:14:10 am »

Sorry, was at a friend's house playing Tekken 6 all day yesterday and most of today. ^^

Although it's possible to see now, the light source is still far-off, so I don't trust my aim. Instead I try to close range and slash the skeleton in his remaining arm, hopefully lopping it off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 24: A Demon's Retreat
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2010, 10:50:05 pm »

Quote from: Frelock
Charge the wright, and knock the crystal down.

[5]  Again you charge towards the Wight.  He is too distracted funneling his mana in the crystal to notice your approach [3]  You hit the crystal with the flat of your sword hoping to knock it away from the Wight, but before it hits the ground he is able to catch it via magic.  Thankfully the charge he emptied into it was partially lost.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will try to point blank the skeleton once again.

[6]  The Skeleton has been around too long.  Time to die, you march behind him and put your gun to his head.  [5]  [(2+2)x2=8 damage]  His skull splinters as the bullet hits.  Finally the skeleton is dead.  You gloat over his body a little bit.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Although it's possible to see now, the light source is still far-off, so I don't trust my aim. Instead I try to close range and slash the skeleton in his remaining arm, hopefully lopping it off.

[2]  You run over to where the skeleton was, when you arrive however, you see he has already been killed.  You curse your luck and turn to face the Wight.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Cast Healing Hand on Khan, seeing as he is nearly engulfed in flames. Then attempt to extinguish the flames on myself by any means necessary.

[5]  [3x2=6 damage healed]  With a quick point of your staff, you heal Khan, so that he doesn't burn to death.  [1]  Trying to extinguish yourself however, you accidentally stop, drop and roll into more fire. [2 damage]

Quote from: kilakan
Attempt to ward my robes with an anti-fire enchantment, to prevent myself burning to death, and to ward off fire from now on.

[9+3-2 (on fire penalty)= 10 of 5]  OH GOD THE BURNING THE BURNING!!!!  MUST STOP FIRE!!!  I QUICKLY WEAVE THE POWER OF WATER INTO MY ROBES!!!  I HOPE IT IS ENOUGH!!!  MY FLESH, IT BURNS!!!!

Inventory:  Fire-proof robes (+2 Fire resist)

Quote from: Ochita
Smother him! (Kilakan) (In a way that will not kill him)

[5]  You run to to Khan and help him extinguish the flames.  He thanks you for your assistance.

[5]  A ball of water is summoned over Gardios's head, it drops extinguishing him before he takes any further burn damage.  [3+1=4] [20 damage]  Pulling out his caster pistol again and loading it with a number 14, Gardios fires.  Again a huge bolt of whitish-yellow lightning comes out of the tiny pistol and racks Velnex, burning his flesh and opening wounds all over.  [perception roll:  3]  Now that you have a second chance to look at it again, you believe you have heard of the spell.  You can't put a name to it, however, you know it is definitely part of the Divine School of Magic.  [4] [2+4=6 damage]  Velnex, no longer having nearly as much strength as he once did, fails to parry the attack and has a cut across the inside of his arm to prove it.

Enemy Turns
Velnex, Lord of Blood:  [4]  Opening a portal behind him, Velnex steps through, [1]  It doesn't close very quickly though.  Velnex looks on in horror as he realizes everyone can get an attack on him.  [5]  Thinking quick he magics a shield into existence that can absorb 20 damage. ((I wanted to save this guy for later, but the dice disagree))

Burning Chamber:  [6]  The fires in Velnex's chamber spread.  The room fills with the stench of burning flesh.  The walls start to writhe and the floor becomes unstable, (-1 to movement actions)  (also, yes everything still looks fleshy and corrupted)

Wight:  [3]  The Wight again summons winds to try and push Frelock away from him.  (vs. roll [1])  The winds prove once again to be superior to Frelock and he is pushed 10 yards (~10 m) away from the Wight.  [3]  With what little mana he has remaining the Wight successfully manages to summon a group of zombies to aid him.

Enemy Status
Velnex, Lord of Blood
Health:  9 (Shielded for 20)
Mana:  70

Wight
Health:  38
Mana:  0

Skeletal Warrior  *dead*

Zombie Mob:  (10 zombies, 2 health each)

Health:  20

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPCs

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »

Get close to the wight and try to attack it with my sword.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2010, 11:31:04 pm »

Giant Cleave on the zombie hoard, toss torch to Malgun

((I wanted to save this guy for later, but the dice disagree))
Well, that was obvious; I mean, he had a name and everything
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:50:22 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »

It looks like the others are handling the wight efficiently, so I'll take out the undead back-up it summoned. I still don't trust my aim in these light conditions, so with the hope that this armor is good protection I rush the zombies with my knife.

But, if I catch the thrown torch, I'll switch over to my rifle and shoot at them instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:45 am »

Quickly beat the shield with my staff and cast another Just Retribution.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2010, 05:21:43 am »

Burst fire! then send a necro bolt. And then retreat, getting some of the foul gibbler skin on the way out if the place starts to collapse.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:15:51 pm by Ochita »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

Elemental bolt at Velnex, then attempt to escape the burning room.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 25: Wight = failboat
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2010, 12:59:16 am »

Quote from: Flintus10
Get close to the wight and try to attack it with my sword.

[6]  You run up to the wight, him having exhausted all his mana, he has no tricks left to play.  [3] [(1+1)/2=1]  This sword really sucks you think to yourself as it fails to cut open the flesh of the Wight even.

Quote from: Frelock
Giant Cleave on the zombie hoard, toss torch to Malgun

[2]  You run up the hoard of zombies and attempt to cleave them, but you somehow miss all the zombies.  [6]  You perfectly toss the torch right into Malgun's hand and he catches it without even putting forth any effort.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
It looks like the others are handling the wight efficiently, so I'll take out the undead back-up it summoned. I still don't trust my aim in these light conditions, so with the hope that this armor is good protection I rush the zombies with my knife.

((Following your orders to switch to gun)) [4] [3+2+1=6 damage]  Lining up a decent shot with your rifle, you manage to get a shot to pass through 3 of the zombies, they aren't too tough.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Quickly beat the shield with my staff and cast another Just Retribution.

[1-1=0] (to move close enough to beat Velnex)  You attempt to get close enough to start beating on Velnex, but between the fire and the writhing floor you can't make any progress at all.  [3] [(2+3)/2=3 damage]  You cast Just Retribution at Velnex and slightly weaken his shield.

Quote from: Ochita
Burst fire! then send a necro bolt. And then retreat, getting some of the foul gibbler skin on the way out if the place starts to collapse.

[4] [5] [2] [4+2=6] [(2+2)x2=8 damage]  You fire a stream of bullets in at Velnex, though the portal messes up your last shot somewhat and it misses him.  His shield is almost completely gone now.  [3] [(1+3)/2=2 damage] [4-1=3 (movement roll)]  You begin trying to get out of Velnex's Chamber, as you do you toss a necrotic bolt over your shoulder, not carrying whether or not it hits him, As you head towards the Foul Gibberer's Chamber, you breathe a sigh of relief, it looks like the fire hasn't spread here yet, you should be safe.

Quote from: kilakan
Elemental bolt at Velnex, then attempt to escape the burning room.

[4] [5+2=7 damage (fire)]  Throwing a taste of his own medicine at Velnex, you see his shield shatter and the fire hit true. [4-1=3]  Not wanting to stick around, you catch up with Ochita in the Foul Gibberer's room, stopping to catch your breath.

Quote from: Gardios "Guy" Sorrowsworn
Finish Velnex off, Grab Dor'lek, escape.

[5] [auto-kill]  Taking out his Gun of Virtue, Gardios fires a shot directly into Velnex's head, killing him just as the portal closes, leaving the corpse to burn in the Nether.  [6-1=5]  As Gardios run towards the exit, he scoops Dor'lek up.  "Come on, I'm not letting you die like this, let's go." he says as he runs into the Foul Gibberer's room.  He puts you down, you hear something that sounds like the scream of the damn come forth from the direction of Velnex's chamber.  A wave of force knocks everyone, even Gardios to the floor as the Fleshy Corruption disappears as the walls take the shape of a rough-hewn chamber rather than the fleshy abomination it was earlier.

"Even better than I expected, we just killed a major lord of the Nether, thankfully he hadn't attained full power yet or we all would have died."

Enemy Turns

Velnex:  Die prematurely against the dice master's wishes, reverse the corruption.  *dead*

[5]  Burning Chamber,  Despite the Flesh that was burning disappear, the fire does not, the room is now completely engulfed in flame.  The walls start to shake and then give way, tumbling down hiding this chamber that used to be home to the Demon Lord.

Wight:  [2]  The wight attempts to scratch at you but it's clear he isn't very good at hand-to-hand combat.  [1]  Pointing his staff at you he tries to unleash some sort of spell he stored earlier, but it hits him instead, immobilizing him.

[3] [6] [1+1=2]  [6/2=3-3(armor)=no damage]  The zombies once again try to mob Frelock into submission, but are no match for his armor and don't do so much as scratch him!

Enemy Status

Velnex, Lord of Blood *dead*

Wight
Health:  37
Mana:  0

Zombie Mob:  (7 zombies, 2 health each)

Health:  14

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)