Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94005 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 20: Ochita, Lord of the Gun
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:05 am »

Necrotic Bolt the wight before taking out my pistol ready to counterattack.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 21, 2010, 02:15:37 am »

Attempt to imbue holy mana into my sword so it'll do a little more damage against undead for a time.  Then attack the wight.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2010, 03:44:06 am »

Use lesser healing hand on myself and ask everyone else if they are OK. Ask Guy what his real name is, seeing as we've all shared a brotherly love of battle now.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2010, 09:45:36 am »

Meditate and attempt to regain my mana.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:30:22 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2010, 09:49:36 am »

I assess the situation; I'm unsure if I can hurt the non-corporeal enemies, so I aim for the skeleton's skull and fire.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2010, 09:58:25 am »

Find some type of weapon in this room.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:45:30 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »

Find some type of amour in this room.
way to copy my action.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:14 pm »

Whoops.... I meant a weapon to use when out of bullets. Really.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:17 pm »

I can tell you right now both of those actions are auto-fails, you might as well change them.  Though if you were to create leather out of the Foul Gibberer's regenrating flesh, that would be really powerful.  Of course only Ochita could wear that seeing as Demonic Armor insta-possesses a non-Demon Hunter.  But all of those Gibbering Cultists/Goblins were of similar construction to the Foul Gibberer with only fragments of thier past selves remaining, thus they had no need for armor or weapon, it just formed out of thier twisting flesh.

Edit:  I just thought about it, there was a spear made of twisted Gibbering Goblin Flesh, I guess you could grab that for a weapon.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:16:45 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 21: Darkness
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:38 pm »

Quote from: Flintus
Necrotic Bolt the wight before taking out my pistol ready to counterattack.

You open the door and bust into the room, recognizing the Wight as probably the biggest threat, you decide to face him first.

[5] [(1+2)x2=6-5(resistance)=1 damage]  Shooting off a necrotic bolt, you hit the Wight, but barely a mark is left where you hit him.  "You'll have to do much better than that!"  the wight says with an evil smirk.

[6]  You prepare to counter-attack with your pistol the first creature that attacks you.  (counter-attacks first enemy to attack)

Quote from: Frelock
Attempt to imbue holy mana into my sword so it'll do a little more damage against undead for a time.  Then attack the wight.

[6 out of 3 Enchantment test]  You place all you mana into the sword, to cause extra-damage against the undead.  Running forward you rush towards the wight.  [5]  You get to him as he is distracted by taunting Flintus you reach him and deal [4] [2+3+2=7 damage] a moderate blow to the body of the Wight.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Use lesser healing hand on myself and ask everyone else if they are OK. Ask Guy what his real name is, seeing as we've all shared a brotherly love of battle now.

"No really, what is your name Guy?"  you ask again, determined to know his true name.

"If you really must know, my name is Gardios Sorrowsworn.  The name Guy is what I use in most places however."

[4][7]  You cast Lesser Healing Hand on yourself, completely healing all the wounds you sustained during the battle.

Quote from: kilakan
Meditate and attempt to regain my mana.

[5]  You successfully regenerate half of your mana this turn.  You see or hear nothing that happened this turn however.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I assess the situation; I'm unsure if I can hurt the non-corporeal enemies, so I aim for the skeleton's skull and fire.

[1]  Assessing the situation, you point your rifle in the direction of the skeleton's skull, being unsure whether your bullets are sufficient to damage the ghosts.  Not bothering to look through the scope, you completely miss the skeleton.  (-1 to defense as you berate yourself)

Quote from: Ochita
Find some type of weapon in this room.

[4]  You look around for weapons, the best you can find is a spear made of twisted Gibbering Goblin Flesh.  Seeing no alternatives, take the spear and separate the goblin from it.  You have no confidence in this weapon.

Inventory:  Twisted Flesh Spear (-1 to hit, +1 to damage)

Quote from: Gardios "Guy" Sorrowsworn
Continue to the next room.

"That was only the beginning.  Don't celebrate yet.  The Gibberer was only a guard for what we will face next.  I now know who we will be facing next.  Believe me when I say that Velnex, The Blood Lord, is no push-over.  Let's go."

[4]  You lead everyone, excluding Khan who was meditating out of the room and to the entrance to the next chamber.  The entrance is tall and narrow, with no doors.  It appeared to be made out of bloody bones.  Gardios whispers, "I will go in first, in stealth.  Do not follow me until I have occupied Velnex's attention.  If I die, run, and tell the guard as quick as you can what took place here, they would be our last chance to take Velnex down.  I go now."

[7 vs. 3 Perception check]  Gardios enters the room with his cloak of stealth draped around him, seemingly melting into the background, even to your eyes.  Gardios loads his most powerful shell, #14 and loads it into his caster pistol silently.  Now to wait for the right moment.

Enemy Turns

Wight:

[5]  "You will regret that Crusader"  says the Wight as winds begin to swirl around him.  Frelock feels himself being pushed backwards and tries to resist it [2] but fails as the Wights winds push him straight into the wall. 

[5]  "LET DARKNESS REIGN!!!"  Says the Wight as magically causing all the torches in the room extinguish themselves, leaving only Flintus able to see what is going on around him.  (-2 defense to Frelock and Malgun)

Ghost 1: 

[1+2+1] [1 cold damage] The First ghost appears behind Malgun, not that he would know it, before it's too late.  The ghost attacks Malgun by placing his arm through Malgun and chilling the insides of Malgun.

Ghost 2: 

[2+2] [2 cold damage]  The Second Ghost attacks Frelock, also placing his arm through Frelock trying to chill his insides causing death, but resulting only in modest damage.

Skeletal Warrior:  [1]  The Skeletal warrior rushes towards Flintus, expecting him to also be blinded by the darkness, but Flintus dodges out of the way of the Skeletal Warrior's attack easily.  [3+1(bonus from 1 attack roll by the Warrior)=4]  Flintus let's a bullet fly into the Skeletal Warrior.  [2+2-2=2]  The bullet hits, but the Skeleton raises his enchanted shield to protect him slightly from the bullet. 

Enemy Status

Wight
Health:  38
Mana:  20

Ghost 1
Health:  2

Ghost 2
Health:  2

Skeletal Warrior
Health:  23

Velnex, Lord of Blood
Health:  100
Mana:  100

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

NPCs

BTW, not to ruin anything, but you are both on your final encounters right about now.  After this you will collect your prizes, a random-ass dream/vision will expand on the exposition and you will meet the Zealot Representative.  I thought I'd let you know.  Also, unless Ochita expands on his reasoning behind no health increase, I'm doubling health values.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »

The bullet hits, but the Skeleton raises his enchanted shield to protect him slightly from the bullet. 
Totally calling dibs on that.

Pray to the gods to give me strength in my hour of need.  Close my eyes, crouch, and prepare to counterattack the first ghostly thing I hear / that touches me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2010, 03:19:33 am »

Be prepared for the worst once again by having another Holy Light spell at the ready. Possibly warn others to cover their eyes whilst I cast it next time by giving a warning signal. Though obviously don't try to interrupt Gardios' sneak attempt.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2010, 05:08:35 am »

Channel some necromatic energy into the spear.

(If you want then double health. Also I am so skinning that demon, regen armor or better is win.)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:18 am »

Keep my distance and continue to shoot at the skeleton. also try to draw attention away from frelock and serious.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2010, 08:18:17 am »

Catch up with ochita, and get ready to attack upon guys mark.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 116