Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30595 times)

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 06:02:14 pm »

I do consider myself a beginner.

Also, I'm not trying to tell USEC how to play. I'm trying to tell him that if he's town, he shouldn't say he's the one that should get lynched. The ones that should get lynched are the scum.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 06:42:20 pm »

USEC-I am happy for you that you went and read the posts everyone put up, though filling pages with it and comments that don't make insight is not very helpful.  I would like to ask.  What are your plans if you survive to day two, do you plan on following the "Oh look over here!" approach or would you switch to a more thoughtful, or an aggressive approach?

Kilakan, If I survive to day 2, something is seriously wrong with the town, not lynching the most scummiest player. If I do survive, I'd try to stay as aggressive as possible. I'm finding it very fun.

Also what do you plan on accomplish in having everyone vote for you, maybe a goat sacrifice for the scum team, in such a way that the rest go unncticed and un-thought of for the first day, or are you simply panicking in having so many people vote for you?

Frankly, I'm only doing this to see what would happen. But the beauty of this is that anybody who is lurking, like ein (Don't think I have no idea that you were online today. I've checked your profile) looks incredibly scummy. Not saying anything looks more scummy than attacking the obvious target.

So, ein, what scumtells have you seen from me? I've been dropping tons of them, you must have something.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:27 pm »

I continue to wonder if your role was accidently sent out as fool.

But since I doubt it, and it seems you want to be lynched so badly, fine.

Unvote Jet

Vote USEC
DungeonEscape

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

Oh, God, this is going to take forever. Ah, well; the night is young...

Notice the part at the end. The part that says "but if he's busy IRL... well. There's hardly much I can do about that, now, is there?" You know what this implies? It implies that if ein posted more, you would be able to play more. But you know what really bizzare about this? It's that you didn't vote for me, the number one on your scum list.

Ugh, I didn't vote for you because you seemed too obvious a newb to be scum, and in my experience the most obvious target is seldom the dangerous one in games such as this. Evidently, this rule will require some revision; unless you really don't care whether you live or die, which would sufficiently explain your behavior. Even if it makes no sense. >.>

But wait, you've given a reason why you are not voting in your next post:

That's just, in a word, retarded. I'm not voting because I don't have any outright scum-tells, and I want to not only figure out where everyone stands so far, but I also want to see if anyone can bring up a scum-tell I haven't noticed.

Where have I heard that before?

I've learned to watch for scummy tactics, like somebody who may be trying to force others against each other.
Right now I'm waiting, and watching for a tell.

How is this similar to your excuse? Well,

A. You are both not doing anything

B. You are both waiting for somebody else to do something.

That's right. Some would call what ein is doing lurking, and I'm calling what you are lurking. You are waiting for somebody else to do your scumhunting. That's both passive and scummy.

Pffhahahaha. You're well, well off on this one. XD

I've actually asked a question as opposed to simply going quiet for no explicable reason, and it's usually considered good manners to wait for the answer to a question before moving on. Specifically, I asked 'what are everyone's FOS's?' Now, if I had no reason for asking this, I could see how it could seem pretty scummy. It does seem like I'm basically asking everyone to do my work during the RVS for me. Excepting the fact that the RVS is quite over by now, as people have tells to work with and suspicions they've nursed.

By hearing what everyone has to say, I can draw a fairly accurate map of the game and better draw my conclusions from there. I was also trying to encourage more activity by presenting a group question, as a stagnant game basically offers the mafia the game on a platter.

More importantly, have you? Because last time I checked, ein hasn't posted here in a day. If you really wanted to get ein to talk, you would have asked ein follow up questions, instead of saying that your vote is redundant.

I would have, if kilikan hadn't attacked me for attacking a self-admitted lurker, which was a fairly peculiar move under any circumstances. Of course, if he hadn't read Ein's post, as he says, that clears things up. Assuming he's telling the truth.

Azure, Azure, Azure, you were never part of that 0.06%. (Broody and Sir Bayer was a part of that.) Of course now, that percentage is redundant, since everypost has posted something. That means that you are back up to having a 25 percent chance of being scummy.

I reckon you're feeding me bull. Why?

Deflecting your question? SirBayer, the chance of the scum being one of those two people is less then 0.06%. It would have been a deflection if I said no idea.

That's why. You were talking to SirBayer at the time, so why would you refer to him as 'being one of those two people'? Why not simply say 'neither you nor [insert name here]'? Because you were talking about other people. Most likely the two names you'd voted for during RVS. You're just trying to blab your way out of this now because I've caught you in the act of buddying.

Oh, and apropos of nothing... don't you dare patronize me. My name and Spade's were the two most prominent in the quotes highlighted at the time, hence any possible misinterpretation. Even if you are telling the truth, it was horribly unclear, and you know it. Hell, if it hadn't been, then why hasn't anyone else corrected me on such a mistake by now, considering I've mentioned it twice?

Azure, where does it say that I can't get myself involved in a question that is directed at you? I didn't try to buddy with you at all. I was merely saying that the question was incredibly stupid, because it assumed information that you didn't know at the time. How is that buddying?

Is your username Azure Sepulchre? No? Then don't answer my damn questions for me if you're not trying to protect me. Let me do it. Common sense.

Azure, you attacked kilakan because of this quote:

Azure-Last few games I've read and played, people who begin accusing lukers the second they are off for a few hours, have all been scum.  Would you disagree that trying to point blame towards the people who seem to have lives, or nothing to say at the moment, to not be an attempt to move away from yourself or other people who are acting scummy without people pointing it out, which could lead to covering yourself and your team?

to which you replied with:

I also have a pinky finger of suspicion on both kilakan and SirBayer; kilakan because he leapt to the defense of Ein during an RVS of all things,

The only way that I could see kilakan jumping to the defence of ein was through saying that ein had a life.

...gaaaaah.

The context of his support was not important. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who get's themselves involved in another persons line of questioning without a valid reason is either stupid or buddying. What he did had no redeemable qualities; it brought his name to the attention of the questioner, it can potentially alienate the person being questioned if their villagers or could attract them if they're mafia, and it makes him seem scummy for, at the very least, giving the person being questioned something to respond with. 

Go on. Tell me I'm wrong. Please.

Oh, and guess what you said afterwards:

Still vaguely suspicious of Ein, but there's nothing really for me to go on other than the fact that he's lurking, and he's already explained why he is. Gut feeling on this one, more than anything else...

You say you have a gut feeling on ein, but you don't follow it up. Why? The best reason I could find was that you accepted his reasons of having a real life. And guess what kilakan said?

I attacked kilakan because he did what you did; defended someone else who could defend himself just as well. I stopped voting for Ein, on the other hand, because he answered my question and to maintain the vote on him any longer would be pointless.

So it would be pointless to maintain your vote on a person who gives you a gut feeling? I believe the standard opperating procedure for that case would be to SCUMHUNT. And what do you do? Nothing! You don't even keep your vote on the guy!

Gut feelings mean nothing. They are weak; the weakest form of attack, by far, and meaningless in the face of any other kind of evidence, and even in the absence of that they don't mean squat. Besides which, when compared to the gut feeling I got from Ein, you are giving me piles. You can drop this line of attack now. =/

Umm...

Because I'm bored, and have no idea know idea how much mafia Spade has played.

As such, I'm going to Unvote, and ask Azure Sepulchre the same question.

Have you even read this thread?

(Looks like I've been voting for you all along. Surprise!)

Oh, yeah... forgot you'd voted for me. During RVS. And never dropped it to pursue anyone else when I answered your question. In a way that appeared to satisfy even you.

o______o

Good going there, man. Way to hypocrite. Again.

I NEVER TRIED TO BUDDY WITH YOU!

Psh. Whatever, man. I read what I read. But if you wanna repeat the same line every post, then hey; that's your prerogative >.>

Finally! The great Azure Sepulchre puts his money where his mouth is and votes for me! WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU DON'T GIVE PEOPLE THE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT IN MAFIA, YOU SCUMHUNT THEM TILL THEY EARN THE DOUBT! And Azure Sepulchre, you haven't earned it.

Ooh, someone's added two big ol' spoonfuls of SirBayer to his Raisin Bran this morning! Eh, I'm getting tired of repeating why I didn't vote for you in the first place, and I find it amusing that you presume to alter how I think (in caps lock, no less. Very impressive). I did what I did because it made sense to me; although I must admit, my initial theory still seems to be holding strong. Any sensible player wouldn't try to convince everyone to lynch him at all, much less on day 1... unless he'd simply lost interest in playing before we'd even really begun, or was attempting some ultra-bizarre double-bluff I've never seen before. Mainly because I doubt anyone would believe it would work. I don't know what it is you're playing at, but you're acting almost too scummy to be real scum.

I'm getting another gut feeling on this, but - like I said - gut feelings mean very little in the face of any kind of evidence, and you are barely even trying to offer explanation for your wanton trail of scumitude throughout the game.

...I swear, if you aren't scum, you had damn well better be fool. =/

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 11:07:59 pm »

I thought I'd be able to handle this, and while it is true I could handle the end of the previous game, the beginning is just a bit too much for a limited schedule.
I just don't have the time to type up long posts until about midnight, when I end up being too tired to think straight.
So I'm going to have to call for a replacement, unfortunately.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 07:23:37 am »

I thought I'd be able to handle this, and while it is true I could handle the end of the previous game, the beginning is just a bit too much for a limited schedule.
I just don't have the time to type up long posts until about midnight, when I end up being too tired to think straight.
Psh. First Day... I dunno if I can. I'm getting bogged down by other games.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:37 am »

i could in, but today+tomorrow+saturday i'm gonna be super duper busy and won't be able to read or post. so if you still need somone by then (sunday), put me in.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2010, 10:20:46 am »

i vote for Usec

When you make yourself suspicious and then want to be voted for.... i will vote for you

as somewhere i red that people who make themselves suspicious in order to make confusion, you just vote for them.
(I red that somewhere in wizard duel 4)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:43 am »

i vote for Usec

When you make yourself suspicious and then want to be voted for.... i will vote for you

as somewhere i red that people who make themselves suspicious in order to make confusion, you just vote for them.
(I red that somewhere in wizard duel 4)

Hey everybody, this is the scum.

Why? Feels the need to completely ignore everything I say.

Good heavens.

Psh. First Day... I dunno if I can. I'm getting bogged down by other games.

I can catch you in a scumgame over here, too, if you like!  :P
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2010, 10:57:13 am »

Good heavens.

Why? Acts patronizingly to everyone, and as those his words are FACT.

Good heavens.

You might be one of the more experienced players here, but you're not a mafia god, and your acting as though you are is starting to piss me off.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2010, 11:02:39 am »

Good heavens.

Good heavens.

You might be one of the more experienced players here, but you're not a mafia god, and your acting as though you are is starting to piss me off.

So hey, buddy, you got any suspicions based on something other than my attitude pisses you off? You can make the time to criticize my play style, ignore my former evidence, and insult me, but you can't find the time to scumhunt?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2010, 11:37:19 am »

That seems to be your playstyle. Going through other games, you seem to hammer away at some random person, not listen to them, and just keeping shouting OMG YOU SUCK at them until they stop playing out of the futility of arguing with you, or are lynched. You can argue that any lynch is better than no lynch, but going blinkers on straight for the first person you pick out of a hat, ignoring any of their arguments, until either you or they are killed, rather defeats the point that we're supposed to be catching scum.

That's why I didn't vote for you, even though you piss me off, because that's not enough of a reason to seriously shout you out as scum. Well, unless you're being so aggressive to shift attention away from you, or to make it look like you're doing some quality scum-hunting.

The person who really acts scum to me is USEC, with his insane ramblings and shouting of 'SHOOT ME' like some 80s action hero who's been cloned. But, of course, since every possible argument against him has already been used by others, and he hasn't responded adequately to any of them. And if I vote for him now, you'll shout 'bandwagon' at me.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

That seems to be your playstyle. Going through other games, you seem to hammer away at some random person, not listen to them, and just keeping shouting OMG YOU SUCK at them until they stop playing out of the futility of arguing with you, or are lynched. You can argue that any lynch is better than no lynch, but going blinkers on straight for the first person you pick out of a hat, ignoring any of their arguments, until either you or they are killed, rather defeats the point that we're supposed to be catching scum.

That's why I didn't vote for you, even though you piss me off, because that's not enough of a reason to seriously shout you out as scum. Well, unless you're being so aggressive to shift attention away from you, or to make it look like you're doing some quality scum-hunting.

The person who really acts scum to me is USEC, with his insane ramblings and shouting of 'SHOOT ME' like some 80s action hero who's been cloned. But, of course, since every possible argument against him has already been used by others, and he hasn't responded adequately to any of them. And if I vote for him now, you'll shout 'bandwagon' at me.

If you had a decent argument, I certainly wouldn't.

Seeing as you don't seem to feel the need to produce one, do ANY SCUMHUNTING AT ALL, etc., you've warranted an FoS. But hey, feel free to not read the thread, not see why JetSquirrel is scummy, etc. You can defend him all you want, it's not my problem. Not right now, anyway. Also: You have time to go through other games but you can't SCUMHUNT IN THIS ONE? Come on now. You whine about my scumhunting, claiming that it's purposeless, and then you refuse to scumhunt at all yourself. You worry about what I think about you, you're -

Oh, huh. That's interesting.

You ARE suspicious of the easy, obvious target, but you can't be bothered to vote for him, because...? Because you're afraid of me. Unvote. Vote Akigagak. Jetsquirrel can wait, seeing as he doesn't seem to feel the need to actually play the game.

Let's see if you'll do any better, upon review of all your posts.

So here are the basic questions: Why are you so afraid of what I think of you? Why are you letting that affect your playstyle? Why do you feel the need to choose me as a target to fight, instead of hunting after who you yourself said you think is scum? Why do you think that's acceptable at all?
Rules are for suckers.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2010, 01:55:02 pm »

If you had a decent argument, I certainly wouldn't.

Seeing as you don't seem to feel the need to produce one, do ANY SCUMHUNTING AT ALL, etc., you've warranted an FoS. But hey, feel free to not read the thread, not see why JetSquirrel is scummy, etc. You can defend him all you want, it's not my problem. Not right now, anyway. Also: You have time to go through other games but you can't SCUMHUNT IN THIS ONE? Come on now. You whine about my scumhunting, claiming that it's purposeless, and then you refuse to scumhunt at all yourself. You worry about what I think about you, you're -

I wasn't defending JetSquirrel, and don't act like I was. I know damn well why JetSquirrel seems scummy, it's because he can't come up with his own arguments.

As for not scumhunting in this game, but going through others, how much time do you think I have had? This game has been going for a couple of days now, but I've had much, much longer to go through other games to see how people play. Scumhunting in this game, however, takes second fiddle to College, which started just last week for me.

Oh, huh. That's interesting.

You ARE suspicious of the easy, obvious target, but you can't be bothered to vote for him, because...? Because you're afraid of me.

Ahahaha.

Seriously?

You think I'm afraid of you, and that being so makes me not vote for other people? That argument makes no logical sense.

TBM: He got himself shot to death by me and Aqizzar. Then Aqizzar shot me and rode into the sunset.

Aside from that, let's have a good game everyone, and I Day One Vote Spade. Because shovels are best.

This is a random vote. There's not much to say about it alone, but...

TBM: He got himself shot to death by me and Aqizzar. Then Aqizzar shot me and rode into the sunset.

Did Aqizzar jump in near the end, or was he quicker on the draw than that?

Just as all seemed won, just as I could taste that sweet cool beer, he done shot me in the face.

(He was the last Mafia of three players, and I got Ein lynched.)

Nope, but I wasn't speaking for him, since I'm not him.

Nothing about Spades. Nothing about scumhunting. Nothing about anything.
You're right, no random spurts of aggression, charging for Spades based on my random vote which had little reason for existing. That's not the way I play.

FoS: Sir Bayer. You're being really overaggressive for a newbie game, treating any slip up, which really should be expected, as a massive scumtell. Not even as just a possible scum tell, but jumping on it and waving it the air as proof. I think you're being this aggressive to hide your own scuminess, but have overcompensated.

Also, Unvote Spade.

Also Also, don't edit, Jetsquirrel.

When you unvote Spades, you don't mention why. You don't question him. You don't chase him. You don't seem to feel the need.

Because this was me getting rid of the random, baseless vote.

You don't even have the guts to vote me then. You don't have the guts to vote me now. Why is that?

Because Over-Aggressiveness =/= Scumminess. Though the amount you're doing this game seems over the top, even for you.

Yes, I know that, USEC, stop badgering people to vote when they don't have a decent case yet.

You KNOW you don't have a case. Why do you think that's acceptable? You can always fall back on RVS, if you need to, it's early enough in the game. But you don't feel the need to. Why is that?

I said decent case. I'm not going to put one up when it's half-done and still has a few grey areas. By the time I did have a good one, everybody else had, between them, made all of the arguments I was going to.

Good heavens.

Good heavens.

You STILL don't have the guts to vote me. Only to insult me from a safe distance. Don't want to be too closely associated? Don't want to be seen as buddying, but don't want to be seen as passive?

No, just tired of your self-assertion over everyone.

And of course, here, you're so worried about appearances. "What does Bayer think of me? I won't vote anybody because I'm afraid of what Bayer thinks of me!" Well then, scumbucket, you know what I think of you - you're scum.

Again, your logic makes no sense here. Why would being afraid of your opinion, which I give jack about, stop me voting for other people?

So here are the basic questions: Why are you so afraid of what I think of you? Why are you letting that affect your playstyle? Why do you feel the need to choose me as a target to fight, instead of hunting after who you yourself said you think is scum? Why do you think that's acceptable at all?

1: I'm not. Really, get over yourself.
2: See answer 1.
3: Because, originally, I was tired of your attitude. But yes, your arguments have told me something.
4: What makes being cautious so unacceptable to you? Yes, I don't want to get lynched, nobody does. But being randomly over-aggressive doesn't help anyone.

You want a vote, with a reason?

Sir Bayer. For being so over the top aggressive in a newby game, trying to shift attention onto whatever person you choose, trying to make it seem as though you're being a pro-active townie when really you're just trying to scare the newbies into either inactivity or voting with you, so you and your scummy pall can pull an easy win.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2010, 02:53:16 pm »

I don't see much I can do right now...
so may I request a vote count?

I'd also like to see more of Broody.  :p
DungeonEscape
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17