Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30615 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:25 am »

i vote for Usec

as i find that his sudden changes of voting is quite strange

No, you don't vote for USEC.

You bandwagon on USEC. You're using my reasons. You're barely saying anything at all. You're the second scum, I'll bet.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 01:37:02 pm »

Jetsquirrel, what kind of things do you like about mafia?

Oops missed that question, i like the idea of giving solid arguments to uncover the lies of a person that may be scum.

You bandwagon on USEC. You're using my reasons. You're barely saying anything at all. You're the second scum, I'll bet.

Bandwagon? are you kidding me?
You already try to blame 2 people with very little knowledge that is based on a name question and just blatantly saying that im bandwagoning usec for no reason at ALL.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:31 pm »

I was hoping to come back and see another like ten new pages. I guess I was wrong.
Anyway, onto the mafia-stuff:

Ein, instead of waiting for someone else to make someone make a scum-slip, how about you try to ask some questions yourself? This way you don't have to 'wait and watch.'

Frankly, I would have been surprised if I had gotten away with it.
I still don't know why you would have said it if you thought it was suspicious. Being suspicious is bad, right?
So I'll just ask you here on this fresh page, why did you have to vote hop just to ask people questions?

Jetsquirrel, I can see reasons for voting for USEC, but your reason is pretty much what most of us have already said. You should probably try to get something else out of him.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:33 pm »

Just thought I would check in before class; Ein, lurking by any other name still smells as sweet. At least make an attempt at looking like you're trying to play the game. Are you going to vote SirBayer, or just say that you find that he hasn't moved his orginal vote suspicious- even given USEC's actions?

Ogle of Suspicion USEC, for his vote hoping, and Jetsqurriel, for bandwagoning on his first post. Totally awesome dude!

USEC, now that Azure has said his piece, and you've effectly ruined your ability to be taken seriously, what's your next move?

Jetsqurriel, to be fair Bayer was voting USEC from the beginning, and USEC cracked under pressure all by his lonesome. You had the benefit of reading this all for yourself before posting; instead of asking a serious question you choose a sure bet- this is RVS, not 'score an easy lynch phase'. Ask questions; help town. Repeating three other people who have contributed, and voting along with that concenus, on your first vote hardly inspires confidence. What do you have to say to this? Do you plan on just keeping you vote as is?

Not much. I apologize. I'll be back around about 10pm EST. TTYL, Jerks.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

Bandwagon? are you kidding me?
You already try to blame 2 people with very little knowledge that is based on a name question and just blatantly saying that im bandwagoning usec for no reason at ALL.

I'll cut you a deal.

Find your own arguments against the guy. Then we'll talk.

Until then, you're Scum #2, Mr. Reactionary. All it took was a prod and you jumped like a frog. You're the second scum.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

Hey do to a mix-up with tack I wasn't added when this started but i've read through the thread and:

SirBayer-You seem to enjoy stating people are scum, blatantly and take JetSquirrels reaction to hard.  Do you believe accusing and labeling people before day one to be scummy?'

Usec-Despite the first few replies by you, I wouldn't call that enough to vote you, however I would like to see your replies to the last page of questions and talk.

Azure-Last few games I've read and played, people who begin accusing lukers the second they are off for a few hours, have all been scum.  Would you disagree that trying to point blame towards the people who seem to have lives, or nothing to say at the moment, to not be an attempt to move away from yourself or other people who are acting scummy without people pointing it out, which could lead to covering yourself and your team?

I myself have school from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm in my local time tomorrow, but I shall check back in two hours before I have to go to bed, and this site is blocked off of the school wifi, so I shall be back tomorrow if no one else replies tonight.   I also find the rather lacking talk to be rather...... annoying since it's hard to find scum without chat.

Nom nom nom

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 06:32:45 pm »

A bandwagon is typically considered formed once the third vote has been placed.  That's the person whose reasoning you want to scrutinize, as well as any who follow.  Two votes is fairly harmless.

Hi, guys.  I'm your Town IC.  I'm an advisor, so I'm not technically playing the game.  My job is to offer advice, answer questions, and try to keep things moving if it gets quiet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »

Sorry everbody, I had an appointment today. Anyways, time to answer some questions.

Did you realise this before or after you said it?
You could also be asking these questions without voting for everyone.

Before.

I still don't know why you would have said it if you thought it was suspicious. Being suspicious is bad, right?
So I'll just ask you here on this fresh page, why did you have to vote hop just to ask people questions?

Because I'm an idiot.

USEC_OFFICER, what does USEC even stand for? And who do you think is the scum right now?

United Space Exploration Council. I've made quite a large backstory on it, from the heady (and boring days) of colony ships to several hundred years after the second encounter. It's all good.

As for who is scum? Two other people have posted (Becides me and the person who isn't playing.) That isn't enough for me to tell right now.
Unvote

Spade,
is this your very first mafia game? Or only the first mafia game on Bay 12?
Because I'm bored, and have no idea know idea how much mafia Spade has played.

As such, I'm going to Unvote, and ask Azure Sepulchre the same question.

Cool beans on the USEC stuff.

Wrong answer everywhere else. Very, very wrong answer.

I'll grant you on the "two-post" thing, but that's not the point of the question. Scum-hunting guide and all.

So you're deflecting my question, waffling on your vote, and pretending like RVS is a good time to jump all over the place. Yeah, you're the scum.

Deflecting your question? SirBayer, the chance of the scum being one of those two people is less then 0.06%. It would have been a deflection if I said no idea. It is not a deflection if I say that I haven't heard from 75% of the people in the game. Unless, of course, you got some piece of knowledge from the scumhunting guide that I didn't. In that case, would you be kind to share it with me? (You are completely right about the jumpiness though. [Except for the fact that I am not scum, but an idiot.])

USEC, now that Azure has said his piece, and you've effectly ruined your ability to be taken seriously, what's your next move?

Go into "Curse-you-all" mode, and try to get as much conversation as possible, so that the scum might make a scummy move, and get lynched in day 3.

Frankly, survival is not number 1 on my list anymore. Everybody else here looks like a better player than me, and it would hurt the town if someone else got lynched (except maybe ein or Jetsquirrel.)

Usec-Despite the first few replies by you, I wouldn't call that enough to vote you, however I would like to see your replies to the last page of questions and talk.

I'll be glad to talk.

QUESTIONS:

SirBayer, is placing the second vote on someone bandwagoning, or do FOS count as votes in your book?

ein, it looks like to me that you think SirBayer is scum for doing his job. Is that correct?

Jetsquirrel, can you explain this sentence more? Perhaps to the point where I can understand it?

kilakan, do you consider that being scum makes one aggressive, or that trying to be an effective scumhunter makes one aggressive?

kilakan, did you read the posts in order? Because ein  mentioned that he had a life after Azure Sepulchre accused him of lurking. How do you think Azure Sepulchre would know about that before hand?

That's all I can think of.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »

Deflecting your question? SirBayer, the chance of the scum being one of those two people is less then 0.06%.

kilakan, did you read the posts in order? Because ein  mentioned that he had a life after Azure Sepulchre accused him of lurking. How do you think Azure Sepulchre would know about that before hand?

Please. Don't ever try to defend me or anyone else you're not 100% sure of, ever, for any reason; even if it is only incidental. Concentrate on looking after yourself, and let us worry about ourselves. I'll leave off this just this once, because you seem new. If you do it again, however, I'll switch my vote to you against a perceived attempt at budding.

Azure-Last few games I've read and played, people who begin accusing lukers the second they are off for a few hours, have all been scum.  Would you disagree that trying to point blame towards the people who seem to have lives, or nothing to say at the moment, to not be an attempt to move away from yourself or other people who are acting scummy without people pointing it out, which could lead to covering yourself and your team?

Today was my first day back at university - something that left me rather busy myself, although I'm trying to avoid using that as an excuse to lurk. But eh; this is rather besides the point, no? Particularly considering I was merely using the vote I cast on Ein as a method of encouraging him to talk. Something that is plainly symptomatic of the RVS, unless I am badly mistaken.

Oh, and don't tell me he has nothing to say. Everyone else does, from what I can see, and the only two appreciable reasons there are for him not to speak are either because he isn't paying enough attention to the game to develop a solid opinion (perhaps due to RL concerns), or he's too worried about dropping a scum-tell to indulge in conversation.

If, on the other hand, this is your roundabout way of asking why I had targeted Ein in the first place... it was both because I wanted to know what he really thought of the game, and because I had considered his position much too mysterious and enigmatic for my taste when compared to everyone elses. For the latter I still do, actually (although the vote on him has become a tad redundant at this stage: unvote), but if he's busy IRL... well. There's hardly much I can do about that, now, is there? However, if a potential scum-buddy of his is willing to leap to the rescue, however... well, that's your affair.

...I also highly appreciated the vague implication that I have no life, by the way. Very cute.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 09:08:34 am »

Hmm... slow game much?

Everyone, list you FOS's and give a curt explanation why you've chosen that particular person. This'll give us a fair idea of what the RVS has told us. If anything.

For myself, I still have a big ol' index finger pointed squarely at USEC; one that's stronger than the one before, since he apparently tried to buddy with me. Initially went for him because he was lynching randomly and offering only peculiar, scummy answers as justification. Might just be very new, though, so I'm holding back.

I also have a pinky finger of suspicion on both kilakan and SirBayer; kilakan because he leapt to the defense of Ein during an RVS of all things, and Bayer due to his frankly wild scumhunting tactics and almost completely baseless denunciations. Bayer seems to be getting results, though - admittedly after a fashion - and kilakan may have protected Ein because he, too, is new. I dunno... too many potentially new players who might not know enough and can play on that fact. This is gonna get hairy pretty damn soon. >.>

Still vaguely suspicious of Ein, but there's nothing really for me to go on other than the fact that he's lurking, and he's already explained why he is. Gut feeling on this one, more than anything else...

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 09:29:14 am »

Quote from: Jetsquirrel on September 20, 2010, 07:37:02 pm

Jetsquirrel, can you explain this sentence more? Perhaps to the point where I can understand it?

1. he voted for usec i think only because he didnt agree with his name
2. he wants to vote me because he that im bandwagoning USEC , which isn't true

and 3. i don't know how to explain but when the mafia game started (very late in my time) and i red some stuff and as brainless and sleepy i was i voted for Usec insteand of Doing this Usec

so Unvote Usec
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:33:45 am by Jetsquirrel »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:01 am »

Man, everybody had better been asleep.

Azure Sepulchre, might I ask why in god's name you aren't voting for me? Seriously. Didn't you read the scumhunting guide? There is no reason that you shouldn't be voting for anybody. With all the reasons that you gave for me being scum, you should be voting for me. Instead, you're sitting on your ass, saying "Oh, I can't vote for anybody, they all have real lives!" Well, guess what? We all have real lives, so that is not an excuse. Vote for somebody else who spends more time playing.

Also, if you wanted to get ein to talk, asking questions would be a good idea.

And budding involves "Oh, don't vote for X, he's EXCUSE." What I'm doing is "Oh, your question is stupid because REASON_WHY_QUESTION_IS_STUPID." There's a difference.

I also find it surprising that you are attacking people who say that ein has a real life, and then go around and stopping voting for him because he has a real life.

You know what? I bet that you are scum, with ein as your scum partner. If not, you clearly haven't learned anything from your last mafia games.

(And if you want me to provide quotes, I can gladly do that.)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:16 am »

FoS: Sir Bayer. You're being really overaggressive for a newbie game, treating any slip up, which really should be expected, as a massive scumtell. Not even as just a possible scum tell, but jumping on it and waving it the air as proof. I think you're being this aggressive to hide your own scuminess, but have overcompensated.

Also, Unvote Spade.

Also Also, don't edit, Jetsquirrel.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 10:13:11 am »

Akigagak, you better be crafting a case against somebody, because there is no reason to not be voting.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 10:19:19 am »

Yes, I know that, USEC, stop badgering people to vote when they don't have a decent case yet.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17