Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30647 times)

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »

Sorry about the double post, but I forgot my question.

TBM: What do you think of the arguments between SirBayer and Akigagak?
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »

I don't see much I can do right now...
so may I request a vote count?

I'd also like to see more of Broody.  :p

I second the vote count and would also like to see a day extension so we can get someone in here to take over for Ein and have their say.

First, unvote, because lynching an empty seat is like interrogating to Hellen Keller; she won't tell jack shit.

Akigagak and SirBayer mutual distrust I think is healthy, though misguided. SirBayer has plenty of cause to be suspicious of USEC; that his vote happened to land on him before he made an ass of himself is rather accidental- or fortuitous. Depends on how you look at SirBayer.

SirBayer, I think in a beginning mafia game you're playing a bit hardline- you're the most experienced player; accusing every one every which way doesn't help town if it just makes people distrust and question your motives. Because if people distrust you, you will get you lynched, which means we're losing a scum hunter of some merit- provided you aren't scum of course; considering the level of playing field this is, you could just as well be scum- though if you weren't I'd imagine scum would have you in their sights.

I think Akigagak has been a tad bit skittish in this game; while, to me, OoS worthy, it does not make him a priority in my eyes. He hasn't asked many hard questions, he's even gone as far as to say that he would not vote someone because it would cast suspicion on him. It was poor wording but a sentiment I could understand: Akigagak, attack people you think are scum- if you put enough information out there you're only helping town. Getting lynched is sometimes a by-product of scum hunting, but if town wins, you still win.

USEC was scum in my last game, and in that one he lurked heavily toward the start of the game. He's posted a lot in this one, considering, but seems to implicated himself pretty heavily. He's said some pretty good things here and there, and I like that- but I am afraid he may be taking a page from the Book of Breadbocks, hallowed by thy name. I don't like that he has totally rolled over on being lynched. I am likely thinking too hard about this. He played differently, though; that could be that he either isn't scum now, or his scum partner is not as good as scatterbrain was. All this "I'm being an idiot guise" makes me a little uneasy. I sense a flim-flam.

Azure, it took you a while to settle your vote, though I wouldn't begrudge you for it. I mean, hell, look at me! Frankly, I need to read over your stuff more; You seem to dismiss a lot of allegations as hog-wash. I'll get back to you when I've got more time.

Jetsquirrel, you unvote USEC don't post for about 21 hours, then just rank and file, with Spade and Azure, vote him again- giving pretty much a paraphrased version of what Spade had said. You're not even trying are you? Oh, and I believe that makes you the third vote- and the Bandwagoner. Though we've been over this: "I am not bandwagoning you guise". Why are you letting SirBayer off the hook all the sudden?

Spade, are you voting USEC because you think he's scum, or just at his behest? This is an important question- have you ever seen 12 Angry men? I don't want to have to pull a Henry Fonda up in here. He may be scum, but don't vote him just because its the simple solution- vote him because you Suspect him. And, if you do suspect him, whose your number 2 scum- why?

Kilakan, you've been a scare poster- though you haven't dropped the game yet, so bonus. I feel like, this may be in part due to your icon, that you're just sort of smiling in a corner and watching us. Your posts have, thus far, been very concise and to the point. You throw out your thoughts and go back to the corner, perhaps suck on your pipe and grin. I am curious, oh so very, to hear your other suspicions. Now, from someone whose been lurking that last couple days, it may not seem like much a demand- but please enlighten us.

I would like to clearly say, by definition, I have been lurking. This has been due mostly to online distractions and constantly falling behind on the reading. I apologize, and I want to make an attempt to be here as often as I can manage- keeping in mind, like all of you, I will have my off days.

Cool Beans.

I have no clear idea of whom is the most scummy.

My list, in no order specifically:

Jetsquirrel, USEC Akigagak and Azure.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure I said earlier that I suspected him. I also said I thought the #2 scum was Jet. He just doesn't seem to be doing anything helpful. After a couple people(including me), question him, all he says is this:

Also Also, don't edit, Jetsquirrel.
Yeah sure

I think he's just voting USEC(who I beleive is his scum partner) to make us beleive that since he's voting for scum, he can't be scum himself. I also thought the plan for USEC was that because he said he might as well die, we would know he's town. If that's the case, the plan surely failed.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »

Kilakan, you've been a scare poster- though you haven't dropped the game yet, so bonus. I feel like, this may be in part due to your icon, that you're just sort of smiling in a corner and watching us. Your posts have, thus far, been very concise and to the point. You throw out your thoughts and go back to the corner, perhaps suck on your pipe and grin. I am curious, oh so very, to hear your other suspicions. Now, from someone whose been lurking that last couple days, it may not seem like much a demand- but please enlighten us.

Ok, I'll spit my thoughts out again (haha), My suspicion is currently tied between USEC, akigagak, and Jet.
USEC:May either be noob and thus not taking the game seriously and just messing around, or he could be trying to feign noobness, to try and confuse us in such a way that he somehow survives, though he currently has my higher suspicion due to his complete and udder lack of any serious scum-hunting, making him both not valuable and potential scum.
Akigagak:He come along with SirBayer, as I was reading their last posts, I began to think that it seemed to well planned, in such a way that they either do really dislike each other or that it was a play by the scum to make it so they don't draw attention by hitting a non-scum with their vote.  A dangerous game but one that seems to be working so far, if in fact it is a game and they don't dislike each other.  The lines
Ahahaha.

Seriously?

You think I'm afraid of you, and that being so makes me not vote for other people? That argument makes no logical sense.
and

Hey everybody, this is the scum.

Why? Feels the need to completely ignore everything I say.

Good heavens.

Why? Acts patronizingly to everyone, and as those his words are FACT.

Good heavens.

You might be one of the more experienced players here, but you're not a mafia god, and your acting as though you are is starting to piss me off.
Tends to make me feel that this is a play.  Though they are a good distance from making me actually believe them scum.  I also tend to think people are lying more often then not, especially with the amount of unusual lines, such as those you would hear in a cop movie, so it may just be my mind making this up.

Jet:He simply doesn't care a bit about the game, or he is trying the cool-whatever attitude and hoping no one votes for him, makes me feel uneasy.

AkigagakWould you tell us the reasons why you seem content on attacking SirBayer and him alone?  Along with the reasons why you feel the need to defend yourself so much against him, when only he was suspicious of you?

SirBayer:Though you have an aggressive play-style, why do you focus so much on one person in each of your posts, why not ask questions to more then just one person?

I really can't ask any more questions until more people talk, of and by the way Broody, my avatar has a cocktail drink not a pipe. (ha)
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:08 pm »

Also Day Extension and Vote Count
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2010, 05:51:32 pm »

i vote for Usec

When you make yourself suspicious and then want to be voted for.... i will vote for you

as somewhere i red that people who make themselves suspicious in order to make confusion, you just vote for them.
(I red that somewhere in wizard duel 4)

Good heavens.

I thought I'd be able to handle this, and while it is true I could handle the end of the previous game, the beginning is just a bit too much for a limited schedule.
I just don't have the time to type up long posts until about midnight, when I end up being too tired to think straight.
So I'm going to have to call for a replacement, unfortunately.
Psh. First Day... I dunno if I can. I'm getting bogged down by other games.

I can catch you in a scumgame over here, too, if you like!  :P
1. Games are separate.
2. I'm not scum.
3. Perhaps I could play this game. I had forgotten that Archangel was an SK in Panda's BYOT and got himself lynched. That'll help.

Send me the role!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2010, 05:53:51 pm »

aw come on this is a beginner game.....
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »

Someone's gotta replace in.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »

AkigagakWould you tell us the reasons why you seem content on attacking SirBayer and him alone?  Along with the reasons why you feel the need to defend yourself so much against him, when only he was suspicious of you?

I haven't attacked the other people I think are scum (Jet, USEC), because everyone else has done that already, and I'm waiting for answers to those arguments before I make my own.

Your second question is a bit confused, but I'll try to answer it. The reason all of my defense post was against Bayer is because, so far, he's been the only one to attack me. If that isn't what you were asking, sorry.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2010, 06:32:38 pm »

That seems to be your playstyle. Going through other games, you seem to hammer away at some random person, not listen to them, and just keeping shouting OMG YOU SUCK at them until they stop playing out of the futility of arguing with you, or are lynched. You can argue that any lynch is better than no lynch, but going blinkers on straight for the first person you pick out of a hat, ignoring any of their arguments, until either you or they are killed, rather defeats the point that we're supposed to be catching scum.

That's why I didn't vote for you, even though you piss me off, because that's not enough of a reason to seriously shout you out as scum. Well, unless you're being so aggressive to shift attention away from you, or to make it look like you're doing some quality scum-hunting.

The person who really acts scum to me is USEC, with his insane ramblings and shouting of 'SHOOT ME' like some 80s action hero who's been cloned. But, of course, since every possible argument against him has already been used by others, and he hasn't responded adequately to any of them. And if I vote for him now, you'll shout 'bandwagon' at me.

If you had a decent argument, I certainly wouldn't.

Seeing as you don't seem to feel the need to produce one, do ANY SCUMHUNTING AT ALL, etc., you've warranted an FoS. But hey, feel free to not read the thread, not see why JetSquirrel is scummy, etc. You can defend him all you want, it's not my problem. Not right now, anyway. Also: You have time to go through other games but you can't SCUMHUNT IN THIS ONE? Come on now. You whine about my scumhunting, claiming that it's purposeless, and then you refuse to scumhunt at all yourself. You worry about what I think about you, you're -

I wasn't defending JetSquirrel, and don't act like I was. I know damn well why JetSquirrel seems scummy, it's because he can't come up with his own arguments.

As for not scumhunting in this game, but going through others, how much time do you think I have had? This game has been going for a couple of days now, but I've had much, much longer to go through other games to see how people play. Scumhunting in this game, however, takes second fiddle to College, which started just last week for me.

I'm not concerned about your personal crap. I accept personal reasons, because that's just kind of a nice thing to do and I'm not a complete douche when I'm playing Mafia.

What I don't accept is people saying they have no time and then coming up with crap that takes time to generate. You do, however, have a point; general meta is generally acceptable. This argument ends in your favor.

Quote from: Akigagak
Oh, huh. That's interesting.

You ARE suspicious of the easy, obvious target, but you can't be bothered to vote for him, because...? Because you're afraid of me.

Ahahaha.

Seriously?

You think I'm afraid of you, and that being so makes me not vote for other people? That argument makes no logical sense.

See later.

TBM: He got himself shot to death by me and Aqizzar. Then Aqizzar shot me and rode into the sunset.

Aside from that, let's have a good game everyone, and I Day One Vote Spade. Because shovels are best.

This is a random vote. There's not much to say about it alone, but...

TBM: He got himself shot to death by me and Aqizzar. Then Aqizzar shot me and rode into the sunset.

Did Aqizzar jump in near the end, or was he quicker on the draw than that?

Just as all seemed won, just as I could taste that sweet cool beer, he done shot me in the face.

(He was the last Mafia of three players, and I got Ein lynched.)

Nope, but I wasn't speaking for him, since I'm not him.

Nothing about Spades. Nothing about scumhunting. Nothing about anything.
You're right, no random spurts of aggression, charging for Spades based on my random vote which had little reason for existing. That's not the way I play.

So you don't scumhunt? Do I have to remind you people to check the scumhunting guide? That's my reference, and it sure as hell paints you as scum.

FoS: Sir Bayer. You're being really overaggressive for a newbie game, treating any slip up, which really should be expected, as a massive scumtell. Not even as just a possible scum tell, but jumping on it and waving it the air as proof. I think you're being this aggressive to hide your own scuminess, but have overcompensated.

Also, Unvote Spade.

Also Also, don't edit, Jetsquirrel.

When you unvote Spades, you don't mention why. You don't question him. You don't chase him. You don't seem to feel the need.

Because this was me getting rid of the random, baseless vote.

THEN WHY PUT IT DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE? You're trying to look like you're RVSing, but you're NOT!

You don't even have the guts to vote me then. You don't have the guts to vote me now. Why is that?

Because Over-Aggressiveness =/= Scumminess. Though the amount you're doing this game seems over the top, even for you.[/quote]

Really? That's not what you said later. Again, as before, see later.

Yes, I know that, USEC, stop badgering people to vote when they don't have a decent case yet.

You KNOW you don't have a case. Why do you think that's acceptable? You can always fall back on RVS, if you need to, it's early enough in the game. But you don't feel the need to. Why is that?

I said decent case. I'm not going to put one up when it's half-done and still has a few grey areas. By the time I did have a good one, everybody else had, between them, made all of the arguments I was going to.

What a crying shame. A half-baked case is better than none, because none tells me that this is an excuse. But again, see later - you didn't do it because you were afraid I would attack you.

Good heavens.

Why? Acts patronizingly to everyone, and as those his words are FACT.

Good heavens.

You might be one of the more experienced players here, but you're not a mafia god, and your acting as though you are is starting to piss me off.

You STILL don't have the guts to vote me. Only to insult me from a safe distance. Don't want to be too closely associated? Don't want to be seen as buddying, but don't want to be seen as passive?

No, just tired of your self-assertion over everyone.

Really now? Not what you said - yet again, move on to see the conclusion to this.

That seems to be your playstyle. Going through other games, you seem to hammer away at some random person, not listen to them, and just keeping shouting OMG YOU SUCK at them until they stop playing out of the futility of arguing with you, or are lynched. You can argue that any lynch is better than no lynch, but going blinkers on straight for the first person you pick out of a hat, ignoring any of their arguments, until either you or they are killed, rather defeats the point that we're supposed to be catching scum.

That's why I didn't vote for you, even though you piss me off, because that's not enough of a reason to seriously shout you out as scum. Well, unless you're being so aggressive to shift attention away from you, or to make it look like you're doing some quality scum-hunting.

The person who really acts scum to me is USEC, with his insane ramblings and shouting of 'SHOOT ME' like some 80s action hero who's been cloned. But, of course, since every possible argument against him has already been used by others, and he hasn't responded adequately to any of them. And if I vote for him now, you'll shout 'bandwagon' at me.

And of course, here, you're so worried about appearances. "What does Bayer think of me? I won't vote anybody because I'm afraid of what Bayer thinks of me!" Well then, scumbucket, you know what I think of you - you're scum.

Again, your logic makes no sense here. Why would being afraid of your opinion, which I give jack about, stop me voting for other people?

The bold is right there. You can't erase a scumslip. You were worried that I would come after you. The only reason to be worried enough about another person's opinion to not vote or to change your behavior is if you're scum. Thus, you're scum. You said it yourself - not in the same words, but you were afraid of being attacked. Not necessarily by me, but you just didn't want the attention that putting your vote down would bring.

So here are the basic questions: Why are you so afraid of what I think of you? Why are you letting that affect your playstyle? Why do you feel the need to choose me as a target to fight, instead of hunting after who you yourself said you think is scum? Why do you think that's acceptable at all?

1: I'm not. Really, get over yourself.
2: See answer 1.
3: Because, originally, I was tired of your attitude. But yes, your arguments have told me something.
4: What makes being cautious so unacceptable to you? Yes, I don't want to get lynched, nobody does. But being randomly over-aggressive doesn't help anyone.
[/quote]

1. See the above. You're being ridiculously scummy.
2. Blah blah blah same story
3. You're "tired of my attitude"? Cry me a river of tears, this is Mafia.
4. Cautiousness is a scumtell, you fool! Cautiousness is the HALLMARK of scum. What better way to avoid attention? You don't want to be associated with the lynch at the end of the day, do you? Well then, best not be there when the lynch comes.

What better way not to be there then to never have voted at all?

You want a vote, with a reason?

Sir Bayer. For being so over the top aggressive in a newby game, trying to shift attention onto whatever person you choose, trying to make it seem as though you're being a pro-active townie when really you're just trying to scare the newbies into either inactivity or voting with you, so you and your scummy pall can pull an easy win.

So you choose to end this argument with an OMGUS vote, of all things? "Your arguments tell me enough!"

You know what tells me enough? Your reaction. You ARE afraid of being lynched. You said that, too. "I don't want to get lynched, nobody does." That doesn't matter to a town player. A town player is more valuable in death. You know that. This isn't your first game of Mafia. You're just scum.

SirBayer, I think in a beginning mafia game you're playing a bit hardline- you're the most experienced player; accusing every one every which way doesn't help town if it just makes people distrust and question your motives. Because if people distrust you, you will get you lynched, which means we're losing a scum hunter of some merit- provided you aren't scum of course; considering the level of playing field this is, you could just as well be scum- though if you weren't I'd imagine scum would have you in their sights.

SirBayer:Though you have an aggressive play-style, why do you focus so much on one person in each of your posts, why not ask questions to more then just one person?

I more or less subscribe to the Toony theory of Mafia - you pick a target, you attack him until you know what he is, and then you move on. Whether I realize this by breaking a player town or mafia or by killing him, it makes very little difference to me.

Honestly, I don't have the presence of mind to make two arguments worth making at the same time. I therefore choose to, instead of wasting my time with multi-tasking, hit one target (suspicious or not - see the scumhunting guide), and drag that target across the coals until I'm sure what that player is. End of story. Thus my aggressive, single-target hunting.

WEBADICT: In, Webadict, In! I need another good scumhunter.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:41 pm »

No offense to Webby, but I would prefer if the newbie games didn't become populated with veteran players. To Echo Kilakan:

But, if no one else is around, come on aboard- Town would love to have you.

Also, would anyone else support the Extend Day motion? I am sure Web is caught up on the happenings, but we should have some time to digest what he has to say and retort. You know, dialogue.

Also, Jetsquirrel, you've got a lot of explaining to do: show up (look who's talking, =P ) and explain yourself. Is USEC still your top scum pick, or are you just voting because he's suicidal? There's a big difference.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2010, 06:58:51 pm »

Psh. I haven't started reading. You're probably right, I shouldn't in if there's another newbie available. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »

Ehhhh.... Not sure if I should sub in on this.

I caught the book of breadbocks reference there broody. He was an idiot, just like I said in XIV, and was also town. Amusing, to say the least.

And vector was right, you play an incredibly chill game dude. I salute you.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:59 pm »

I caught the book of breadbocks reference there broody. He was an idiot, just like I said in XIV, and was also town. Amusing, to say the least.

I am not sure if that makes me cut out for this game though: considering I lost my first two games. I am hoping I've learned something. If you come aboard, I promise not to vote for you if you claim cop- not this time. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:58 pm »

Rule 1. Listen to Webadict. Always. He's always right eventually.

I am not sure if that makes me cut out for this game though: considering I lost my first two games. I am hoping I've learned something. If you come aboard, I promise not to vote for you if you claim cop- not this time. :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17