Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300132 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #915 on: February 05, 2011, 06:55:40 pm »

So, dispersion of the loot from last session:
Nael got the Dust of Dryness and the magnifying glass...
Corina has been given the Gloves of Dexterity...
and the rest of it was sold, the funds dispersed evenly throughout the party as it existed at the time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:59:30 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 05, 2011, 10:33:14 pm »

Holy crap I got some good rolls just now.

First, I realized that I needed to roll my level 3 HD. Got a 7 on a d8. Then I realized Lyca's HD needed to be rolled. Got two 8s in a row from a d8. Holy fucking crap.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 05, 2011, 11:25:48 pm »

Holy crap I got some good rolls just now.

First, I realized that I needed to roll my level 3 HD. Got a 7 on a d8. Then I realized Lyca's HD needed to be rolled. Got two 8s in a row from a d8. Holy fucking crap.
Yeah, that was pretty intense.

So: you own a bote (with a ballista and a forge), you cleared the mine out for good (won't those other mercenaries be surprised  :P), Maelrigar might get his weapon stuck in the wall sometime in the future, journals are worth 100 exp per current level, see you guys same time next week with any luck.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 05, 2011, 11:48:18 pm »

Arg! I missed another session. >:(  I need to write the next date down on a sticky note and tape it on my monitor or something....
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 05, 2011, 11:52:34 pm »

It was a fun one to be sure, would have been funner if awesomeness worked for me. However it refused me twice!.

Anyways Shoruke take a look at this homebrew prestige class I found. It's very versatile and I have a plan as to how to adapt our current sandship into a bonafided Airship. It will be some interesting rp but I think you will like it.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Airship_Pilot_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29

Of course by the time I am able to take the prestige class I will be of effective level 7 or so.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 06, 2011, 02:31:52 am »

Currently brainstorming what to spend my gold on, so this post will contain some ideas. More to be added later.

1) Bracer of (continuous/use-activated) True Strike [(CL 1) x (SL 1) x (2000) = 2000gp ][1]

2) Gauntlet of (command word) Enlarge Person [ (CL 1) x (SL 1) x (1800) = 1800gp ]

3) Adding the Death Ward effect to my +1 chainmail- 3000gp

4) An item that adds +2 to an ability score - 4000gp

5) Bully Chains (+4 intimidate, demoralization lasts an extra round. Great for fear stacking.) - 2600gp

[1] - It had to be done sometime.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:40:24 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:30 am »

Indeed, True strike is the first item on any half-decent list of things that a D.M. should be careful of. People who want true strike on a weapon tend to want power attack too, and on two-handed weapons no less, some of them even want it on lances and expect to perform mounted charges with power attack, and some of them want to take frenzied berzerker for extra power-attack...

The thing about power attack is that it makes some comparisons easier. Light weapon with power attack(10) and true strike = +10 to attack and damage = 2000000gp. Two handed power attack(7) = +13 to attack and +14 to damage = 3380000gp. And if you manage to coax out a x3 power attack(5) for the equivalent of a +15 enhancement bonus which would cost four million five hundred thousand gold pieces then one can see that two thousand gold pieces may be a tad cheap for a plus twenty to hit that stacks with almost everything...

I will tell you what Neruz let me get away with, it was on a duellist but it would work pretty well on a monk too, and even a two-handed type could appreciate it until animated shields become available. It was bracers of mage armour and shield, the story behind them was that one was mage armour and the other was shield, but they were a set and only used one slot so they were basically one item. Mage armour is identical to bracers of armour except that they only come in +4 varieties and only have a caster-level of one, so the massive price difference (2000 instead of 16000) is blatant, but limited cheating. the shield spell on the other hand looks similar, but is actually very different, it costs 4000 gp and the total item cost goes up to 7000 gp. The good news though is that it counts as a shield bonus, which will stack with just about everything these characters would have, and it isn't a shield, so that they can still use their funky shield powers. The correct way to do this is probably to charge twice or two and a half times as much for bracers with a shield bonus as you would for the equivalent bracers of armour... To be fare to Shoruke, that was Neruz's game, which had more items than this one, and generally higher power per character level, what with my character getting an artefact bow that they almost never used over the space of about half a dozen levels, and a variant fighter class that could basically keep repeating missed attacks until they hit...

While on the topic, Maelrigar should seriously consider getting the arcane preparation(Complete arcane page 73) feat and the quicken spell metamagic feat, a melee caster can get a great deal of joy out of the quicken spell feat and arcane preparation lets a sorcerer benefit from it. A quickened true strike for example would have to be competitive with other fifth level spell when you consider that you can full attack or cast another spell in the same round...

On to my wish list:
 1st level pearl of power, at 1000 gp they are worth it., I may need to take craft wondrous items on the strength of those little guys alone
 lesser metamagic rod of rapid spell, 3000gp if it existed, which it doesn't seem to, would let me cast three 1 round spells of third level or lower per day as standard actions instead. Great for summoning, but also good for enlarge person...
 Wand of cure light wounds... 750gp
 +2 ghost touch heavy fortification mithral chain shirt of greater acid, cold, electric, fire, and sonic resistance, 191000 gp
 immovable rod, 5000gp if we ever find ourselves being chased by another ship, or, if I get swallowed whole, I can leave a present behind...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 06, 2011, 09:23:28 am »

Here's another edition of Van's Tale:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's kind of awesome to be right on the whole evil overlord thing, I just made it up in the last journal. Sorry Araph, but you didn't make it into the journal. I didn't really interact with your character past the donation of the desert robe which was ruled as a logically did not happen.

Just let me know if I got something wrong, I think I got it right this time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:23:13 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 06, 2011, 12:36:00 pm »

Araph's Journal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Hey! That just bumped me up to level -- drum roll, please... 2!

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, could someone explain to me how the enchanted items system works?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:44:38 pm by Araph »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 06, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

Here's my journal. I read through the chatlogs to figure out what I missed, since Maelrigar was there while I was not.

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 06, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

*A correction to Araph's Log... It's a Sandship not an Airship... Yet at least I have some plans to try and convert it to an airship but that may take awhile and it would also require some power I do not have yet*

**Whew that was fun, Shoruke I already subtracted the 100gp for the summoning ingredients as well as the gold for the wand.**

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:55 pm »

Spoiler: Ethan's Journal (click to show/hide)

Also, couldn't recognition of his armor taken a Know(nature) check?

Two questions, though: how old was the shopkeeper and what happened after I left?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:17 pm »

Red, the reason that I stood my ground has to do with Van's ultimate goal, to rid the wilds of chaos. We were fighting a servant of chaos, the embodiment of what he hates. Also I think that I will take advantage of being an elf from here on and meditate outside (or on the top deck of the ship) for four hours instead of stealing someone's room. That merchant who refused me the water, what kind of a diplomacy DC would it have been to get a 25gp object for free?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 06, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »

Higher than an 11 since my diplomacy didn't get it...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 06, 2011, 10:26:55 pm »

Red, the reason that I stood my ground has to do with Van's ultimate goal, to rid the wilds of chaos
True, but Ethan doesn't know that. What he knows is:
-We had a pretty close chance to beat him
-Nael began diplomacy checks
-Maelrigar backed down (RAM: "This is probably completely out of character, but Maelrigar backs up")
-Van didn't
-The guy was, while not demonic himself, evil, powerful, and chaotic
-We (mostly) didn't consider the fact that there could be more of the orbs, and just sort of worked to end the conflict
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 244