Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300134 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #945 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »

Those bully chains sound like a D&D version of Warf's Klingon metal sash, so I can see those things as intimidating. Oh, and I totally didn't read that image...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:09:41 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 09, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »

And those occupy a waist slot? Yeah, the bully chain looks fine.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 09, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »

Araph, I saw a feat that you may be interested in since you said you wanted to multiclass as a rogue. It's called Practiced Spellcaster (Complete Arcane p.82), it increases your effective caster level by 4. The catch is that the caster level can't be greater than your HD count. So if you take 3 or 4 rogue levels and you already have this feat you would stay caught up in damage as you level.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 09, 2011, 10:12:09 pm »

Your damage would stay up with the low level spells, but you wouldn't get the extra damage from having higher level spells. Good feat all the same, but it isn't full casting...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:45 am »

Caster Level also determines spell durations for your buffs/debuffs/miscellany.
Jussayin.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 10, 2011, 03:54:38 pm »

Double post for great justice?
Anyway, I'm announcing a new rule. I'll be rolling passive spot and listen checks privately, but active perception checks (for instance, "I spend a standard action to look for the invisible enemy") will be rolled by the players.

I might have to have more area description text to keep the players involved, though. And to avoid slowing the game down by typing out the descriptions and the PM's, I'll put them in macros. And while I'm at it, perhaps I could make a macro that whispers the results to people who pass the listen/spot checks. Yesss... this could work...

Quick request for feedback, though. How do you guys feel about the amount of descriptive text I give out? "Too much, I want to kill something?" "Too little, I don't feel involved?" "The monsters don't gib descriptively enough"?

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 10, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »

I thought our last little fight and such was pretty good... I mean heck I managed to use diplomacy to get out of a potentially dangerous fight. I know that the summoned monsters weren't to powerful but I don't think I want to know the challenge rating on the guy with the pack filled with magical items.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 10, 2011, 07:54:47 pm »

It should be possible to stick macros on tokens that will allow the token to add itself to the token list. I think it is based around an option to prevent the players from editing the macro even if they own the token...

Those summoned monsters hit pretty hard, I mean, 12 damage isn't so much in the grand scheme of things, but it is plenty at low levels. That particular monster has an interesting ability too. Apparently the D.M. reduced or disabled it in some fashion, but, by default, if one of those abyssal maws knocks you into negative hit points, they deal extra damage. It has a sort of vaguely practical function of making it difficult for the party to recover its disabled members, but mostly it is designed to enhance the kill-count...

I like it if things keep happening, so spending 20 seconds on each attack to describe the angle at which it bounced off of the armour or precisely which point and at which angle the character was bisected wouldn't really add much for me. I would say that we need a lot of strategic information, stuff like where the landmarks are and What our supplies are like. Which factions we have met and how quickly we can travel, especially compared to the other inhabitants. Not to mention which regions have which natural resources. It would be nice to have constant access to a map to plan stuff if we find ourselves making decisions while busy on smaller-scale items.
As for tactical information, maps take care of most of the details, knowing how high and sturdy the room is are often overlooked details, but I would hope that, in general, you can get away with relatively little information...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 10, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »

I read that in some DnD games, the players can get there own land. Like, with a fortress on it. Any chance of that? I mean, when we reach the east.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »

Some items and spells give such an ability without really acquiring the land or fortress.... like

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#instantFortress

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesMagnificentMansion.htm

However for specifically what you are asking for it is probably Shoruke's call on that one.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

Yeah, you guys can set yourselves up a base of operations. There's even property for sale in Rivershire (and other major cities outside the Civilized Lands, for instance Sandtree Haven or Eriden in the desert), and everything is cheap compared to magic. Seriously, a decent-size house costs less than +2 full plate.

Also, ninja'd.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2011, 05:55:44 pm »

Oh yeah, I won't be able to be at tomorrow's session, and very unlikely for next week.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 11, 2011, 07:17:35 pm »

I will likely be at tomarrow's session, a chance of being late but not much I can do about it.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 11, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »

Tomorrow's session is the same time as last week's, right? If so, I'll be there.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 244