Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091036 times)

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5100 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:01 am »

l l So doing my glorious game session of CK2, I stumble upon a shia muslim who is 218 years old and has 99 diplomacy, about probably 32 marshal intrigue is like 54 and the other stats are pretty much above 20. (I don't remember, I'll have to go back into the game and get a screenshot) But, Is this a bug or something or is this just something mystical going on in my game?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: March 18, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »

Ck 2 does not get that mystic.  And if they did decide to make anyone immortal, they'd do it to Caliphs, who were getting all sorts of (political) superpowers last time I played.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: March 18, 2014, 07:28:14 pm »

I've heard of people randomly getting generated with crazy stats like that. I've also heard of people using ruler designers to create rulers capable of living through an entire game from the TOG start. So its a bug, but its possible within the "normal" constrain of the game.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: March 18, 2014, 07:39:13 pm »

200k Muslims just spawned from a 4 county province and are invading Andalusia. I fear my Norse empire may fall.
But 200k... honestly
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: March 19, 2014, 12:29:27 am »

I don't know nearly enough about what's going on to comment on that.  There are a few things that could be.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:02:44 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: March 19, 2014, 02:00:35 am »

Wouldn't they all die to attrition in about a year?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: March 19, 2014, 02:18:09 am »

Wouldn't they all die to attrition in about a year?

The AI might split them up.  Even if it does though those are likely event troops; as long as Elfeater can attack them with even slightly comparable armies anywhere, he will slowly wear them down since he can continually raise levies and they can not.  Or if they're mercenaries its going to be almost impossible to sustainably fund them, and I don't think the AI builds up fortunes although there's no strict reason it couldn't have that kind of money.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: March 19, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

I'm guessing its either a revolt or a vulture stack, and AFAIK both of those are vulnerable to attrition.

Also, the AI does sometimes build up fortunes, I've seen 2pm counts get 5k+ gold before. Though the amount of gold necessary to hire and field 200k mercs for any extended period of time would probably be well over 5k.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: March 19, 2014, 03:48:27 pm »

They did split them up. I am gathering levies, might call in as many Norse as I can.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: March 19, 2014, 03:52:43 pm »

Is it normal that a child born while its mother is being held prisoner, has the culture and religion of the captor? While raiding I managed to imprison the wife of the king of france, currently pregnant, and 2 months later the heir to Kingdom of France is now of Norse culture and religion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: March 19, 2014, 04:06:22 pm »

Is it normal that a child born while its mother is being held prisoner, has the culture and religion of the captor? While raiding I managed to imprison the wife of the king of france, currently pregnant, and 2 months later the heir to Kingdom of France is now of Norse culture and religion.
Kinda makes sense, since he is raised in your court.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: March 19, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

Rajas of India patch notes, in case someone hasn't seen it on the paradox forums yet:

Spoiler: HUGE (click to show/hide)

A lot of it seems to make the game somwhat harder.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:04 pm »

Yeah, that's happened to me before. Somehow the heir in question even (I think it was some french duchy), ended up residing in my court (not a prisoner).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: March 19, 2014, 07:35:05 pm »

I didn't know that. When I capture children from sieges though I usually try to make a gregarious zealot their educator so that when I ransom them as an adult they can be useful for plots or just inviting back to court as a free adult.

- Much less likely to plot against characters they have a high opinion of.
- Much less likely to form factions against characters they have a high opinion of.

Yay
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:50:58 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: March 19, 2014, 08:59:03 pm »

Man, some of those are really making me happy.

Especially the removal of suicidal independence revolts. While I like unstable realms (and often purposefully play sub optimally to make them), The whole thing that anyone who was out of you're De Jure area or not the exact same culture and religion always joining independence factions and then always launching them as soon as they hit 30% power was really damn annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1002