Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091051 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5070 on: February 27, 2014, 01:38:18 am »

So I started a HIP (minus SWMH so I can convert it) game as a Muslim Siculo-Arabian in the Kilbik emirate (Rather, AS the kilbik emirate, on Sicily)

It was a specialty character, a Sayyid Hurufi Muslim.

So far, I've managed to create the Hurufi Caliphate, convert 7 provinces to Hurufi (my authority is pretty low, because I have none of the holy sites. I might try and get them), take the Sicilian kingdom and most of it's provinces, put my half-brother Hurufi Muslim on the throne of Mauritania, and survive a Crusade with only one save-scum (had to, really. They captured me in battle and I only had Sicilian provinces. It'd be a game-over either way)

Shia still has 12 provinces so I'm a little bit aways from turning Hurufi into the parent-religion, but once I do, I SHOULD have the Hashashin to help me take at least up to Italy. I'm planing on taking the Greek peninsula (the ERE is pretty fractured) and the African coast, and try and convert up Italy to Hurufi, but not under my control (except Roma, obviously :P)

Anything else I can manage on the side without turning me into an EU4 power-house and ruining the fun, I'll try and do. Like getting my half-brother on the Mauritania throne, I wasn't expecting that but hey why not. I don't care if it stays my dynasty, but the added Hurufi weight should help speed up the parent-heresy switching.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: February 27, 2014, 02:57:58 am »

Beware of putting your dynasty everywhere if you plan to convert to EU4. I did so in a game, and soon half of Europe was in a PU with Denmark, with another third in a PU with Hungary. Also, convert the save with a young ruler, to avoid your guy dying within months of the beginning and finding yourself as junior partner of one of the aforementioned PU.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5072 on: February 27, 2014, 05:51:41 am »

Started from the Old Gods with Leinster. I have formed the Kingdom of Ireland, the Kingdom of England, the Kingdom of Wales and I just annexed the last province of the King of Skotland to destroy the title and allow for the creation of the Kingdom of Alba so it inherits the laws I want. However, I don't think I'll form it until after I form the Britannian Empire due to the piety cost involved. My biggest issue right now is the Kingdom of Asturias owns a lot of the southern provinces of England and they are almost 3/4ths of the way to those provinces becoming, de jure, a part of Asturias rather than England.
I'm a handful of decades away from the 1066 start, so I'm kind of proud of my accomplishments despite pretty much going easy-mode by starting in Ireland. I plan on eventually owning a considerable chunk of Europe and exporting the save to EU4. Might get an actual WC out of it.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: February 27, 2014, 05:55:32 am »

Of course you'll if you don't have Sunset Invasions on, you'll have nothing to oppose you on the whole map.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:32 am »

Of course you'll if you don't have Sunset Invasions on, you'll have nothing to oppose you on the whole map.

That's the plan. I don't own the SI DLC, so that's out of my hands. I want to have fun in CK2, and then I want to actually get a damn EU4 WC, even if it's through an exported save. I almost owned the entire world in EU3 as the Teutonic Order, and I miss that, damnit.

If there was a more reliable EU4->Vicky2 converter, I'd settle for owning most of the world and picking up the rest in Vicky2, but because there isn't I'll have to go with the earlier deadline.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:29 am »

I might have a extra Sunset invasion code if you want it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: February 27, 2014, 06:33:16 pm »

I might have a extra Sunset invasion code if you want it.

Please!?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

Does anyone know if you need Sons of Abraham for a heresy to take over as the orthodoxy?

Everywhere I look it SAYS it's only a patch 2.0 function, but... It's not happening in my game. o_o And no one responded to me when I asked on the forum.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: March 04, 2014, 06:13:33 pm »

Does your religion  have 7 (I think) more provinces than it's mother religion?

If that's true and it's still not a proper religion, then you'll need the DLC :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:27 pm »

30+ Hurufi provinces to ... 3 Shia.

So yeah, I think I have more :P

That's the thing, I don't know if it's a bug or just a DLC only thing! D:

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:18 am »

Finally got to 1066 in the Empire of Alba game, here's the state of the world so far.

My plans for European domination got sidetracked when Venice took all of Andulusia, decided I couldn't safely ignore the Crusades, so I hopped on the Crusade for Jerusalem. The Byzantine Empire got gobbled up by the Russeifid Empire, which also owned Jerusalem, during said crusade. I wrecked their empire, took Jerusalem, and after a series of Holy Wars declared by them to take it back (all failed) and counter-Holy Wars by me to take more of the Holy Land, as well as some of the neighboring Emirs, Sultans and Caliphs fighting over fierce succession wars and somewhat exploding in the process, I ended up with this.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: March 05, 2014, 12:40:07 am »

Are all those emirs in Byzantium Arabian or are most of em just sunnified Greeks?

On a related note, I wonder if there is any religion requirements for the restore the empire decisions in EU4, would be pretty cool to finish of the ERE there and remake a Sunni ERE in EU4.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: March 05, 2014, 12:49:45 am »

Greece is mostly ruled Sunnified Greek, the rest is Bedouin and they are all ruling over Greek-culture provinces. Anatolia is mostly Bedouin ruling over Greek-culture provinces with a couple sprinkles of Egyptians ruling over Greek-culture and Egyptian-culture provinces. Armenia is a mix of Bedouin and Turkish over Greek and Armenian provinces.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: March 11, 2014, 12:42:40 pm »

The patch for Raja's looks to be fixing Decadence [Dev Diary]
Quote from: Paradox
Does this mean AI Muslim empires in general are a little more stable, with the revamped decadence system?
Yes, but when they fall, they fall hard.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: March 11, 2014, 02:14:33 pm »

So I'm having a really hard time getting into the game. I mean I like it but it always seems that I get so much power so quickly that it is a little to easy, but at the same time I don't want to have to start out hopelessly low either. Can anyone recommend a starting place in vanilla for a fun, but challenging campaign, preferably western europe
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1002