Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091043 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5085 on: March 11, 2014, 02:20:25 pm »

* Descan puts the ubiquitous "Ireland is tutorial island" comment here.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: March 11, 2014, 02:21:34 pm »

Don't forget to start in 1066 for Ireland, though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: March 11, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »

Challenge, challenge. Ireland is really not challenge.

You could look around at the later bookmarks - the Latin Empire time period has the region very broken and nice, for example. There's the 'why you should play as any particular character' thread on the Paradox forums, too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: March 11, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »

You could try and replicate the Habsburg, they have a count in Aargau (near Switzerland) you can play as.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: March 11, 2014, 02:37:22 pm »

So I'm having a really hard time getting into the game. I mean I like it but it always seems that I get so much power so quickly that it is a little to easy, but at the same time I don't want to have to start out hopelessly low either. Can anyone recommend a starting place in vanilla for a fun, but challenging campaign, preferably western europe
try an iberian character in 1066, if you want a good challenge go with navarra or aragon

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:16 pm »

Irish count in the Old Gods start.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: March 11, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »

The patch for Raja's looks to be fixing Decadence [Dev Diary]
Quote from: Paradox
Does this mean AI Muslim empires in general are a little more stable, with the revamped decadence system?
Yes, but when they fall, they fall hard.

Awh, I like unstable Empires.  But at least they'll die gloriously instead of just changing the ruling dynasty like they do now.

Challenge, challenge. Ireland is really not challenge.

You could look around at the later bookmarks - the Latin Empire time period has the region very broken and nice, for example. There's the 'why you should play as any particular character' thread on the Paradox forums, too.

Just don't try and play as the Latin Empire itself.  Ouch, is that painful.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5092 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:15 am »

Irish count in the Old Gods start.

While not as easy as the 1066 start, you're still relatively safe in the Old God's start. Leinster's a decent start for a challenge because Tara has multiple provinces and you only have 1, and unlike in 1066 you don't almost immediately inherit another province. If Skotland or England ever get organized you'll have some trouble, but they can be dealt with before and after they organize by using assassins, so...
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: March 13, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

Have you actually played that start?  You can get invaded by a fairly large Norse army almost directly after unpausing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: March 13, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

Have you actually played that start?  You can get invaded by a fairly large Norse army almost directly after unpausing.
It depends a lot on how lucky you are. I've seen the norse completely ignore ireland in some games, while in others they've gone after it straight after unpausing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: March 13, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

In that case, Norţhymbra is the hardest start.

.... Challenge accepted.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: March 13, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »

Haven't actually tried it but I've heard that Northumbria is quite a bit easier now since you can just abuse the jew loan plus expel to get a free merc army and stomp all over the Great Heathen Army.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5097 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:32 pm »

You could say I have played that start, yes.
I'm not saying it's easy or even as easy as Leinster 1066, I'm just saying that all the difficulty is front-loaded, and, barring that Norse invasion, you don't have anyone really breathing down your neck other than Tara. You take out Tara, you stop the other earls from creating petty kingdoms and you should be golden for the rest of the game. In my experience, anyway.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »

Fair enough.  I still wouldn't recommend it, he said "not hopelessly low" which implies he doesn't want to randomly lose in the first half hour of gameplay.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:49 pm »

I'm just saying that all the difficulty is front-loaded,

Thats something you can say about just about all starts in CK2, barring the uber hard ones like 1066 slavic/norse games or 867 Christan Hungary area dukes.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1002