Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53334 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »

Eclipsetail canceling his shortening the next day could be a scumtell. If he could post to Vector's reply (about pointing out how not everyone has posted.) then why couldn't he post his cancel then?

Because I didn't know how to cancel my shorten, or if we were even able to.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2010, 03:46:02 pm »

Eclipsetail canceling his shortening the next day could be a scumtell. If he could post to Vector's reply (about pointing out how not everyone has posted.) then why couldn't he post his cancel then?

Sadly, I half think I believe you.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2010, 03:58:39 pm »

In No Particular Order, my points.

Firstly:

...And yes, as scummy as it always Looks, could I get a vote count- because I am too lazy to track all this stuff in my head all the time. :/

Secondly:

Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

I suppose I deserve that for just asking and not being more clear; Why is he the scummiest Player? What makes him more scummy than you, who is very nearly on the verge of being lynched?

Please elaborate.

Third:
I'll stand in for Shibdib, if it comes to it.
Already called, but I will relinquish my claim.
It would be much too easy. :P

Thank god.

And, Tack, get your butt in here on the Quick-fast. I want to know why you would vote Zarthras over Breadbocks?

Fourth:
Because my point stands. The worst case is that we don't lynch breadbox, the BBB gambit works, and someone tries it again. If he eventually (after today) does flip scum, it's even worse. My vote for breadbocks and my request to shorten the day stand.

What strikes me most about your posts is that you seem more blood thirsty than anything. I think its rather obvious he'll be lynched, but you seem to feel uncomfortable with the fact that people are starting to question lynching him at all, even if it is just to explore posts previously made.

I still feel very suspicious of him, but I don't think lynching him and ending the day helps anything except scum getting their night kill. We're not going to magically forget about him if we start to look at other possibilities.

Fifth:
I'm not lurking, and I've been picking up tells.

What exactly are you trying to pull here Zathras? I know you're up to something!

You sort of are lurking. I am in the BYOR mafia with you, and you're getting pretty battered in there.

I understand that this isn't your priority, but at least share information or even just voice your opinion on what's going on. Toss a vote out there, or at least tell us why you're still voting for Breadbocks. Shibdib may have an excuse as he's just not been on at all, but you don't and it looks scummy.

Sixth:
Dude, hes an idiot, not scum. I've seen it happen before with webadict, and it's happening here. He thinks it was a good idea and it backfired. I'm not defending him, I'm saying hes stupid and we shouldn't waste a lynch on him.

I generally agree, wasting a lynch is bad. But I think the cause to save breadbocks was sabotaged by breadbocks himself, the best thing he can do now is try and help us scum hunt. Plus, if he flips scum you'll end up looking like his scum buddy, even though you may "not defending him" with your multiple paragraphed posts opposing his lynch.

Zako, who do you think the scum are? Whose the first night kill?

Seventh:

I'll buy that, but why did you think shortening the day in the first place would be helpful at all? Please, be clear.

Eighth:
There's probably some (ie a lot) of scumtells I missed. But those are the major ones I found.

What are your thoughts on Zako, than? and Me? And what of the ever lurking, invisible [insert player name here]? Should we lynch the lurkers as a rule?

Ninth:

I'm leaving some stuff out (ahem-scatterbrain-ahem), I am sure, but I would like this post to wrap it up for the time being:

- If shibdib doesn't show up today, we insert tack. I don't think anyone here would object to that.
- Extension on the day. We need a full deliberations and we need to see where the chips fall before the first night kill.
- ?
- End the day when everyone's said their piece.
- Profit.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

I'm not gonna quote out that whole thing, but I'll answer to the part asking why I thought shortening would be any better.

Really, I actually don't think it is now.

I guess I thought that it was a long time to wait and didn't want to wait that long, but I realise now that that much time is actually needed.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »

Votecount:
eclipsetail - {1} - Scatterbrain
Scatterbrain - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
shibdib - {0}
Zako - {1} - USEC_OFFICER
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Spartan 117 - {0}
breadbocks - {3} - Spartan 117, eclipsetail, Zathras
Zathras - {2} - Zako, breadbocks

Not voting
shibdib, TheBroodyMoods,

If there are any errors, tell me.

About shibdib: He hasn't been online since before the game started. I'm giving him until tommorow. If he doesn't show up by then, I'll replace him.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2010, 04:19:27 pm »

About shibdib: He hasn't been online since before the game started. I'm giving him until tommorow. If he doesn't show up by then, I'll replace him.

In that case, I would like a 24 hour Extension, so that Tack and get himself acquainted. 

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2010, 04:21:34 pm »

Sorry im here, my OS hard drive kicked the bucket so I'm waiting for newegg to send me a new one, should be here tmw.

Spartan 117 You seem to have disappeared once you got everyone to vote for bread. Laying low til your target gets lynched as not to say anything to change anyones mind?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »

Well, that problem is over with.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2010, 04:25:33 pm »

Ya, shoulda jumped on earlier to let you guys know. I'm using my dads pc right now, and I'll be reinstalling all my crap tommorow, but I'll do my best to check in ASAP tmw. So no people not lurking, just technical difficulties ;)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2010, 04:27:12 pm »

Secondly:
Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

I suppose I deserve that for just asking and not being more clear; Why is he the scummiest Player? What makes him more scummy than you, who is very nearly on the verge of being lynched?

Please elaborate.

First, he strikes me as rather suspicious. But since that isn't worth anything, he seems rather intent on seeing my blood, and rather than be reasonable and listen to the arguments saying I'm not scum, which are correct, although I resent the term "idiot", he brushes them aside as if there was no sense in them.
:-\

Fourth:
Because my point stands. The worst case is that we don't lynch breadbox, the BBB gambit works, and someone tries it again. If he eventually (after today) does flip scum, it's even worse. My vote for breadbocks and my request to shorten the day stand.

What strikes me most about your posts is that you seem more blood thirsty than anything. I think its rather obvious he'll be lynched, but you seem to feel uncomfortable with the fact that people are starting to question lynching him at all, even if it is just to explore posts previously made.

I still feel very suspicious of him, but I don't think lynching him and ending the day helps anything except scum getting their night kill. We're not going to magically forget about him if we start to look at other possibilities.
THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it. Never in there did I say I was scum. I understand how it could have gotten mixed up, but I'd've thought someone would have gotten the meaning I gave it. :(
To lazy to pick apart the rest on the post, but there was a mention about how I ought to help scumhunt. Thing is, as has been mentioned earlier, this is my first game, so no clue what constitutes scummy, as opposed to normal or lurkey.

Also, good to know you at least had an excuse for being MIA.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:33 pm »

Glad to see some activity, and welcome back shibdib -- you have a lot to read and post to catch up.

Let's see... where to start?

Well, the BBBQ King himself! He graced us with his return, to drop this gem:

THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it.

Breadbox, much to my surprise, I can see Zako's point earlier. You really are an idiot.

There never was a gambit? You mean, the one in the page you liked, which said "vote for yourself, so no one votes for you, so you win"? What was your first action? Yeah, you voted for yourself. So how is that not an application of the very gambit you just said you wanted to try? You wanted to try it, so you voted for yourself, right? So how then "THERE WAS NO GAMBIT"?

And you needed an excuse to try it, right? What would be an excuse? Oh yeah, "I see being scum as being an excuse". Then you tried it. Man, if you aren't scum, then you certainly are too dumb to live.

Please, just answer this question: If you didn't actually try the gambit, why did you vote for yourself and liked the article?

In any case, since shibdib has rejoined and has to catch up, and the gambit (that NEVER WAS) is no loner in place, I withdraw my shorten request, though my vote remains on breadbocks for being too scummy and dumb to live.

Onto other things, Spartan. He is totally scum-lurking. People, please see here the totality of his posts on this thread, and note depth of content:

So, TheBroodyMoods, who holds your suspicion?
Unvote.
Quite, what about you, Breadbocks? Am I the only one you find suspicious?
Feel like sharing your reasons? Or is it just because I'm scumhunting?
As I said, I was looking for scum tells in his response.

Then, a pause of over 36 hours! only to come back with this after I mentioned his name:

I'm not lurking, and I've been picking up tells.
What exactly are you trying to pull here Zathras? I know you're up to something!
For one, you're being aggressive-but instead of focusing it towards scumhunting, you keep trying to protect yourself without taking time to actually question people who aren't on your case.

And that's it. During that time, he posted dozens of times elsewhere. So he's around, he just wants to avoid being here, talking too much, dropping scumtells, and hoping people forget about him until it's time for his nightkill.

Spartan, you are scum lurking. Major FoS on you, It's only breadbox that stops me from voting you outright.

My current suspicions, in descending order of scummitude:
(I suggest others post their own list as well, with reasons)
- Breadbox; for reasons endlessly listed.
- Spartan; for massive scum lurking and uselessness-to-town.
- Zako; for his gallant knight defense of breadbox.
- USEC, eclipse, scatterbrain; not enough scumhunting, low posting volume, lack of useful suggestions.
- Broody; seems townie enough so far.
- Shibdib; no data. I'll be patient, but catch up, man! (or get replaced, or die).

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »

*Facepalm*

Have you not read the topic? I said outright, it was the first post of the game, and thus, I wanted to drum up a discussion. I'm going to go on ahead and assume that is a scumtell.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

Um... EDIT: "linked", not "liked". Damn dumb fingers.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:10 pm »

Well, Arse. I hope I haven't caused anyone to lean towards Zathras unduly.

I might just get spoilspec, please? I see you've got another replacement who called it before Webaddict and I.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:39 pm »

In any case, since shibdib has rejoined and has to catch up, and the gambit (that NEVER WAS) is no loner in place, I withdraw my shorten request, though my vote remains on breadbocks for being too scummy and dumb to live.

You see, I have a problem with this: what is the logic in preventing a player from commenting at all with a day shorten? Is it to motivate him to show up?

"Oh, now that he's here- we don't need to hurry up and make sure he doesn't get to say anything".

Why shorten the day to try and punish a lurker? What is the point?

As to my previous point, you seem to be ruthlessly pursuing breadbocks as "too dumb to live" (at very least). You're championing a cause that is all but won.

Zathras, for your money, if we lynched you who gets night killed first?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27