Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53214 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:09 pm »

Perhaps you could look at the title of the thread. I'd try it, because I mean, well, take a look:
In recorded history, this has only been performed once, by buhbuhbam13. The most interesting part of this case is that upon performing the Gambit, BBB did not intend to win the game. He, however, did. Here is a small excerpt from that game:
No one would suspect it, and it worked, right?

I'd suggest that you stop arguing with the IC and start scumhunting.

Another thing: the reason why they call it "the stupidest of all gambits in the world" is that, in general, people do expect it.  Would it be considered idiotic if it worked?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2010, 01:08:45 pm »

Who knows what would happen. Then it would be advisable to use as a Joker. Also, it would be hard to rate based on one useage. Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2010, 01:11:54 pm »

Unvote

Nothing about beadbocks seems to make sense, using a "gambit" like this seems to only suggest that he is indeed scum; even if he isn't:

... Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

I cannot abide by this attitude.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2010, 01:23:25 pm »

There are no jokers in this game.  There are also no third parties in this game.

Just... FYI.

Damn it. Really? I was looking forward to have an excuse to try the BBB gambit. Would be interesting to see the town deliberate whether s/he was who they said they were (Scum) and should be lynched, or if they were a Joker.

Never in there did I say I would try it, just that I wanted to.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2010, 02:49:28 pm »

So, TheBroodyMoods, who holds your suspicion?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 03:10:15 pm »

unvote breadbocks

I do believe he was clear about how he thought it was me. I can't believe you would be quite so unobservant, Spartan 117.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »

I voted Zako first, using the website that Vector provided to randomly pick his name from the list. I was going to hold my vote until Zako responded, but as the topic went on my suspicions were roused by Breadbocks.

As of yet, and mind you it has been a very short amount of time since this game started, Breadbocks seems the most scummy. Mostly for his WIFOM/I'm a Joker Town/I'm Scum Pretending to be a Joker Town shenanigans on the first day- without even so much as a single useful vote being cast before using this strategy. He never once says implicitly that he is town and it constantly referencing to a strategy that worked once and seems to be designed as a last resort scum gambit. And this following sentiment makes me think if he is not scum he's at least not proving himself to be an asset to town:

Who knows what would happen. Then it would be advisable to use as a Joker. Also, it would be hard to rate based on one useage. Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

Breadbocks:
It is not advisable to be a joker if you're telling EVERYONE you are in fact a joker and want to die: If you're a Joker Town, than we don't need you and should lynch you; If you're scum trying to avoid a lynch by pretending to be Joker Town, we're going to lynch you. It just does not work, and if you think it does, go check on the Supernatural Mafia page and see what happened to ToonyMan.

If you are town say so, and than help us scum hunt. If you are town you're not helping yourself or us. Unvote yourself and cast a random ballet for a reaction, like all the good little mafia players do.

unvote breadbocks

Welcome to the game, bread! :)

I'd like to hear more from the peanut gallery before I change my vote just yet.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »

I wasn't purposefully playing a WIFOM, but looking back on it, I was more of a there is a cup of wine in front of me that is poisoned. I was busy sipping it when conversation arrived, and I had something to base my vote on.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:03 pm »

Unvote.

unvote breadbocks

I do believe he was clear about how he thought it was me. I can't believe you would be quite so unobservant, Spartan 117.

Quite, what about you, Breadbocks? Am I the only one you find suspicious?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 04:18:57 pm »

Yup. I've found no reason to suspect TheBroodyMoods, and you, me, Broody, and Scatterbrains are the only people to have posted, and Scatter has posted only once or twice.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2010, 04:58:47 pm »

Feel like sharing your reasons? Or is it just because I'm scumhunting?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »

unvote breadbocks

Was this not enough for you?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2010, 05:04:46 pm »

As I said, I was looking for scum tells in his response.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2010, 05:33:26 pm »

Well, If we disect his post to take out the strike,

I voted Zako first, using the website that Vector provided to randomly pick his name from the list. I was going to hold my vote until Zako responded, but as the topic went on my suspicions were roused by Breadbocks.

As of yet, and mind you it has been a very short amount of time since this game started, Breadbocks seems the most scummy. Mostly for his WIFOM/I'm a Joker Town/I'm Scum Pretending to be a Joker Town shenanigans on the first day- without even so much as a single useful vote being cast before using this strategy. He never once says implicitly that he is town and it constantly referencing to a strategy that worked once and seems to be designed as a last resort scum gambit. And this following sentiment makes me think if he is not scum he's at least not proving himself to be an asset to town:

Also, on a like note, I'd like to point out to Broody that even if I roleclaimed townie/cop/doctor, would you believe it without some form of proof? And also, how would I know if you could be trusted with my role, if I am someone important? It would be just as believable if the cop roleclaimed townie, as if the cop rc'd as a cop. How reliable are posts? We can't judge from expressions or mannerisms, like in poker, and we can't risk just guessing whether or not to believe them. I'll wait a day, and see if I don't get murdered/hung before I give any solid rcing.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2010, 07:03:54 pm »

Zako, what qualities would you like in a scum partner?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27