Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53204 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 01:20:33 am »

For one, you're being aggressive-but instead of focusing it towards scumhunting, you keep trying to protect yourself without taking time to actually question people who aren't on your case.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:41 am »

I'll stand in for Shibdib, if it comes to it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 04:12:07 am »

Unvote. Scatterbrain, discounting the last beginners game, (Where you got nightkilled immediately after replacing someone) what did you learn from your last beginner's mafia? (If any.)

that game is actually the only mafia i've played :p but what i DID learn is that inactivity is bad, bad, bad for town. and not just because lurking gives scum good cover, but - in my own case, i'll admit - holding back on what i thought meant that i didn't get my opinions out into the open in time, and before i knew it, i'd been lynched. so much for saving it for day 2. and you know what? i turned out to be right, vector did flip scum in the end.

thus, i learned; don't hang about. next day, you could be dead.

- Scatterbrain; some lurking, need to tell us more about their observations.

not really lurking - it's just that being in a different timezone from most other people makes it look like i'm being less active than i really am. though i've noticed a crapload of scumtells dropped so far, allow me to take a new post to go through them all.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 04:42:50 am »

unvote

i will begin with eclipsetail

Cancel extension

I didn't get to post it yesterday, so...

ok, so this could have been a townie responding to the advice given by others to cancel dayshorten for the good of the town. i don't believe this, for two reasons; firstly, the reasons he gives for doing so are weak. i don't buy the story of lateness, or of not being able to go back to change it. it doesn't account for the ulterior motive behind the change.

now, why would i think that he had an ulterior motive? well, take at look at these babies. (all of these quotes are eclipsetails, i just can't find the multiquote on this forum. or whatever it's equivalent is)

I'm not liking breadbocks.

in hindsight, this is a fair enough accusation; in the following posts, breadboks didn't leave much doubt that he was scum, and other people have already scumhunted him down enough to not warrant mysself going into any more detail on the matter. but when this post was made, it was hardly a certainty that he was scum. therefore, why would any good down land a vote on him without, at least, trying to do some digging on the matter? to vote someone, before it's certain that they're scum, and without trying to get more out of them; that's scum securing an easy lynch on town.

your subsequent posts have been you trying to scramble away from the mistake of asking for a dayshorten. with your actions are as scummy as they are, we don't have any reason to believe that it's legit. in fact, it just piles the scum on. after that, you've been lurking. oh, did i mention how much lurking helps scum? oh wait, i did; several times now. other people too. it doesn't look good for you, scumbuckets.

but what doesn't add up is this; if eclipsetail is scum, then why is he voting for breadbooks? using his scumbuddy as cover? in other circumstances, it would put money on them being scumbuddies... but this confuses things somewhat. nevertheless, you're both at the top of my scumlist.

phew. i'll continue dealing with scumdrops soon (hopefully). in the meantime, shibdib, you still haven't answered my question.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 04:44:29 am »

addendum: in the above post i'd planned to quote all of his posts (hence the plural), but the others that i didn't quote were all pretty much saying the same thing, and were short anyways.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 05:53:35 am »

ugh quadruple post

fakeedit: in other circumstances, i would put money on them being scumbuddies

really should read them through more. more mistakes in there too but... yeah, i suck :<

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09:33 am »

I'll stand in for Shibdib, if it comes to it.
Already called, but I will relinquish my claim.

It would be much too easy. :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 07:13:45 am »

Also, if I DO replace this shibdib, who, it seems, hasn't been active since that post two days ago, I'd like my vote to go to Zathras. He's cunning, but I've got a 7for7 to uphold here.
In any case- Just wanted to pop that in before the first night came around. Make it easier for the GM(s) to shuffle the player list.
Of course, if his internet were 'wonky' or something similar, I'd be happy to step out when he arrives back.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2010, 07:14:07 am »

Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 07:15:41 am »

Fakeedit: And webaddict, you are WAY too experienced at Mafia to be actually competing in this.

Fakeedit2: Damn. I coulda sworn I hit the 'stop' button on my browser.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2010, 07:16:20 am »

Zathros. Apologies for color bug.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:26 am »

Fakeedit: And webaddict, you are WAY too experienced at Mafia to be actually competing in this.

Fakeedit2: Damn. I coulda sworn I hit the 'stop' button on my browser.
Someone's gotta whip 'em into shape. Nothing teaches you how to play Mafia faster than KILLING THE SCUM WITH LASERVISION!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2010, 07:27:28 am »

Having the scum kill you with laser vision. That's a good learning process.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2010, 08:16:55 am »

in hindsight, this is a fair enough accusation; in the following posts, breadboks didn't leave much doubt that he was scum, and other people have already scumhunted him down enough to not warrant mysself going into any more detail on the matter. but when this post was made, it was hardly a certainty that he was scum. therefore, why would any good down land a vote on him without, at least, trying to do some digging on the matter? to vote someone, before it's certain that they're scum, and without trying to get more out of them; that's scum securing an easy lynch on town.
Just trying to get a start to my first game, but fine. Want me to dig deeper then he's already done for us? Fine.

your subsequent posts have been you trying to scramble away from the mistake of asking for a dayshorten. with your actions are as scummy as they are, we don't have any reason to believe that it's legit. in fact, it just piles the scum on. after that, you've been lurking. oh, did i mention how much lurking helps scum? oh wait, i did; several times now. other people too. it doesn't look good for you, scumbuckets.
I don't remember lurking. When did I do this?

but what doesn't add up is this; if eclipsetail is scum, then why is he voting for breadbooks? using his scumbuddy as cover? in other circumstances, it would put money on them being scumbuddies... but this confuses things somewhat. nevertheless, you're both at the top of my scumlist.
How it adds up? Maybe I'm not scum.

And ok, breadbocks, what are you thinking of the game so far?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »

Well Zathras, one of the scumtells I found is the fact that you cannot understand that you get on the internet five hours after me. (I'm exaggerating a bit here.) Seriously, cool your heels. I can't reply immediately to your posts. This does not mean I'm lurking.

Another scumtell is the fact that you and eclipsetail vote for shortening the day. Eclipsetail's excuse is that he though everyone had posted, while yours was that you rather just lynch breadbocks and continue the game. I'll like to point out that both votes were in the first day of Day 1, and not everyone had posted.

Spartan 117's lurking seems scummy. Spartan 117, what prevents you from trying to scumhunt? You should be able to find scumtells just as well as if you were scumhunting.

Eclipsetail canceling his shortening the next day could be a scumtell. If he could post to Vector's reply (about pointing out how not everyone has posted.) then why couldn't he post his cancel then?

Scatterbrain, for saying that he gets on when not a lot of people post, and then attacking eclipsetail for lurking. Did you even look at the timestamps?

There's probably some (ie a lot) of scumtells I missed. But those are the major ones I found.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27